In your lifetime-Will Tottenham win the EPL...?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't dispute what you're saying but I actually think the PL have big enough balls these days to say to those teams "if you fuck off and do this, you'll never come back, you'll be cut off"
I believe it's already been suggested too.

Would their (paying) fans be happy never going to a PL away game? Never seeing a Derby? Knowing that all their games are governed by a European body.
The game they're used to, fast paced hard tackling premier league, will become a yellow card a minute non contact pile of steaming turd that suits Barcelona to the ground.
The broadcasting and marketing money will be so ridiculously high those clubs will never turn it down. Nike/Adidas and sponsors will push them to join or lose massive amounts of sponsorship income. Do fans care about those things? Absolutely. Will they accept replacing a home/away with Brighton and Stoke for a home/away with Milan and Barca? You betcha.

Globalization has changed the world...its going to continue changing sports. The NBA will be international within that same time frame, and my hometown Memphis Grizzlies won't exist. We might not like it, but the "butt in the seat" stopped mattering a long time ago at the highest levels.

1.And our current form on the pitch is second to none. We can defend and score freely.
2. We can't buy a win.
3.We are 8th in the table.
4. We haven't lost since covid 19.
Based on the above, "So, next season could indeed prove a good chance for us to have a crack at the league title."
Cuckoo Land. 😁

- Kane, Sissoko, Son all coming back from injury. Big players for us.

- Lo Celso looking like he will become a very good player.

- Ndombele has to get fit eventually right?

- Lamela will be like a new signing.

Our squad actually looks very good on paper. Jan and Foyth most likely to be moved on. Bring in 2 full backs and we will look very strong.

If you want any improvements on this; we have to take the risk and sell 2 of our star players - Kane, Son, Alli.

Lloris
Aurier - Toby - Sanchez - Davies
Sissoko - Lo Celso - Ndombele
Alli - Kane - Son

Bench Options : Moura, Dier, Jan, Sess, Bergjwin, Tanganga, Fernandes, Lamela, Winks, Skipp, Foyth, Gazza

The broadcasting and marketing money will be so ridiculously high those clubs will never turn it down. Nike/Adidas and sponsors will push them to join or lose massive amounts of sponsorship income. Do fans care about those things? Absolutely. Will they accept replacing a home/away with Brighton and Stoke for a home/away with Milan and Barca? You betcha.

Globalization has changed the world...its going to continue changing sports. The NBA will be international within that same time frame, and my hometown Memphis Grizzlies won't exist. We might not like it, but the "butt in the seat" stopped mattering a long time ago at the highest levels.

If bums in seats doesn't matter, why did we just build a billion pound stadium to put more bums in more seats?

Where do you think all the money comes from? Nike and Adidas make their money off shirts etc. If fans fall out of love with the game, everyone loses. We are the most important part, whether we buy season tickets, sky sports, replica shirts. The money all comes from fans. If we left this country to join another league, I'd start watching Dartford home and away and never watch another Premier league game again.

Our squad actually looks very good on paper. Jan and Foyth most likely to be moved on. Bring in 2 full backs and we will look very strong.

If you want any improvements on this; we have to take the risk and sell 2 of our star players - Kane, Son, Alli.

Lloris
Alli - Kane - Son

Bench Options : Moura, Dier, Jan, Sess, Bergjwin, Tanganga, Fernandes, Lamela, Winks, Skipp, Foyth, Gazza
Yes Aurier and Davies are excellent full backs, the best in the PL so is Toby and Sanchez. Ndombele the best midfielder in Europe, Lloris the safest hands ever in any league, Alli's form in the last 3 seasons has been so special. Who needs signings!!!

Once the lock down is over, I will pay for your holiday to cuckoo and Disney land. In the mean time, pls stop taking whatever you are taking. On serious note, you are typical example of a deluded fan 😁

Lloris
Alli - Kane - Son

And for your next trick is what making me believe in pixies and God.

If bums in seats doesn't matter, why did we just build a billion pound stadium to put more bums in more seats?

Where do you think all the money comes from? Nike and Adidas make their money off shirts etc. If fans fall out of love with the game, everyone loses. We are the most important part, whether we buy season tickets, sky sports, replica shirts. The money all comes from fans. If we left this country to join another league, I'd start watching Dartford home and away and never watch another Premier league game again.
Stadia around the world have been built/remodeled in order to upgrade the corporate/private suite numbers, size, and stadium amenities. FFS, pop over to the new stadium thread to see the incessant moaning over these things.

If you really think the country and world en masse will give up football because a handful of clubs break away and start a european super league with all the best players in the world in one spot....you're really in for a rude awakening. Just the latest in a long line of "this will ruin the game". Reducing the physicality was going to be the end of football. Shirt sponsors was going to be the end of football. The Premier League was going to be the end of football.

Football isn't going to end, it's just going to change. You can enjoy Dartford, and good for you doing it. Everyone else will adjust and carry on.

IncompatibleUncomfortableBangeltiger-size_restricted.gif

Stadia around the world have been built/remodeled in order to upgrade the corporate/private suite numbers, size, and stadium amenities. FFS, pop over to the new stadium thread to see the incessant moaning over these things.

If you really think the country and world en masse will give up football because a handful of clubs break away and start a european super league with all the best players in the world in one spot....you're really in for a rude awakening. Just the latest in a long line of "this will ruin the game". Reducing the physicality was going to be the end of football. Shirt sponsors was going to be the end of football. The Premier League was going to be the end of football.

Football isn't going to end, it's just going to change. You can enjoy Dartford, and good for you doing it. Everyone else will adjust and carry on.

I think you've misunderstood where I was coming from with regards to not watching. I didn't mean all fans. I meant large portions of fans of the clubs involved.
Don't underestimate how many of those clubs fans are glory hunting ****s. They support their club because they see wins most weeks.
Take the weekly stuffing of bottom half teams away and replace it with a regular beating by the best from Europe and those fans will go elsewhere.

I think you've misunderstood where I was coming from with regards to not watching. I didn't mean all fans. I meant large portions of fans of the clubs involved.
Don't underestimate how many of those clubs fans are glory hunting ****s. They support their club because they see wins most weeks.
Take the weekly stuffing of bottom half teams away and replace it with a regular beating by the best from Europe and those fans will go elsewhere.
Well of course, there will be plenty of fans disenfranchised by the whole ordeal that will leave just like you had FC United form after the Glazer takeover at United. There will be some more of stuff like that. The global money will just be so high that financially it's worth the blow...and there will be more glory hunters looking to grab on.

The stumbling block is they'll have to sort out revenue sharing within the league. But all you need to do is look at the NFL/NBA for the model. Even the clubs that are perinneal losers are bursting at the seams with money. Stadiums are still full - people turn out to see the visiting stars if nothing else.

Like I said, I don't believe I'd mind so much if Spurs missed out on that. But that is definitely what is coming.

Back
Top Bottom