Improvements

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are now 2 points better off then we were at the same stage last season. We've scored the exact same number of goals (24) and conceded one less than last season at this stage.

We were only 4 points off top last season but that's nothing to do with us. That's because other teams round us, most notably the ones who have a lot more money and spend alot more money have improved.

Improvement!

If we had spent our money more wisely, and spent more money, we would have been able to keep up with the pack. What we did is what we always do, sell some average players and replace them them with more average players.

If we had spent our money more wisely, and spent more money, we would have been able to keep up with the pack. What we did is what we always do, sell some average players and replace them them with more average players.

I think considering where we are in terms of wages spent, we are exactly where we should be league wise. Every other team in the top 4 spend way more than us.

But in which way have we improved. I accept that our defense is better, but going forward we are dreadful. We are presently sitting 5th with no realistic chance of getting top four, and even if we did we would only bottle the CL, same as we have done this year. We are horrible to watch, and the manager has no concept of what a plan B is. I can understand why we aren't good enough to win the league or the CL, but can't understand why Poch has a total disrespect for the domestic trophies when in reality they are the only two things we can possibly win. His signings with exception to Wanyama have been terrible, and he lacks the passion I like to see from a manager. The reality is that he will be sacked by the summer, and strangely enough all his supporters will deny ever rating him.

Youre a complete cock. Fuck off back to Arsehole mania and do not ever post here again. Jackass

Spend more money to not get injuries to key players? How does that work?
Or you mean buy first team standard top 4 players for 60 plus Mil and keep them on our bench, so when we get injuries, we have a Galactico in reserve for every position?

Or do you mean spend money on players like Di Maria, instead of on players like Dier and Alli?

Last edited:
We had a bit of luck last season with the fitness of the spine of the team. Kane, Toby, Hugo were pretty much ever present, and Dembele only missed a few. Let's see how we fare Sunday up at Manure, who are now playing some decent stuff, just not finishing enough of their chances. I expect Toby will play, one of the best CB's we've ever had.

If we get a decent performance and result, I will be very confident of a good title challenge.

A central spine of:

Hugo
Toby
Jan/Wimmer
Dembele
Kane

is very strong. If we stay clear of injuries the way we did last season, we can compete with anyone in the PL.

With Dembele and that back 5, we very rarely lose, and concede very few. With Kane and Son, we score a lot.

And please play the kids in Europa (if we're in it).

We had a bit of luck last season with the fitness of the spine of the team. Kane, Toby, Hugo were pretty much ever present, and Dembele only missed a few. Let's see how we fare Sunday up at Manure, who are now playing some decent stuff, just not finishing enough of their chances. I expect Toby will play, one of the best CB's we've ever had.

If we get a decent performance and result, I will be very confident of a good title challenge.

A central spine of:

Hugo
Toby
Jan/Wimmer
Dembele
Kane

is very strong. If we stay clear of injuries the way we did last season, we can compete with anyone in the PL.

With Dembele and that back 5, we very rarely lose, and concede very few. With Kane and Son, we score a lot.

And please play the kids in Europa (if we're in it).

An outside chance of a top four finish, but a title challenge is overdoing it my friend. Put your money on 5th

Definite improvements in our overall game since Chelsea. Whether that's because we went back to 4-2-3-1 or because Eriksen is back in form, I don't know but I'm not surprised that our upturn in play coincides with Eriksens form.

We are suddenly playing one touch football in the final third, clever passes to break the line of defence, Alli is continuously running on through their defence like last season and we are getting alot more dangerous crosses into the box.

With Alderweireld coming back into the team, we are only going to get stronger. He came off the bench last night and had a hand in our third, showing us what we were missing with his dangerous passing by passing the midfield and finding its way to our attackers.

We lost this upcoming fixture last season, a game we should have got at least a point out of. I can see us improving on that fixture.

I said at the start of the season we'd get 4th and i still think we will (or better). We've had our sticky period and we're now going to go on a tear starting with the 'bitter one' at OT.

Better under Sherwood.
Your having a fucking laugh, surely.
post-41414-I-am-serious-and-dont-call-me-Kvga.gif

Lost 1-0 at Old Trafford last season too...

2015/2016
15 games played
6 wins
8 draws
1 loss
25 goals scored
12 goals conceded
26 points

2016/2017
15 games played
7 wins
6 draws
2 losses
24 goals scored
11 goals conceded
27 points

Two home games on the bounce now (Hull and Burnley).

WIthin that time, you have Liverpool against Everton and Woolwich and Man City both face eachother. If we win our next 2 games, which you'd expect us to then we could potentially be in the top 4 or at least 3 points off 2nd place.

Top four is a must this season.

Back
Top Bottom