Ignore function problem

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have a few posters on ignore, and by and large they have ceased to exist to me. Great.

However, occasionally, the thread tells me the last post was by "IGNORED USER" and then its just a blank post, with their avatar, and a message "You are ignoring this user"

I know that, and I dont need to know they have posted something that I have chosen not to read.
Can you sort it out so these people never need to pop up into the threads for me......you know.....as i have used the ignore function.

:adethumbup:

I have a few posters on ignore, and by and large they have ceased to exist to me. Great.

However, occasionally, the thread tells me the last post was by "IGNORED USER" and then its just a blank post, with their avatar, and a message "You are ignoring this user"

I know that, and I dont need to know they have posted something that I have chosen not to read.
Can you sort it out so these people never need to pop up into the threads for me......you know.....as i have used the ignore function.

:adethumbup:
Cool story, bro

My problem is when an ignored user makes a match thread or a player thread i won't even know about it's existence. The positive thing is that if you ignore Ginolaflair Ginolaflair you will never see the Summer 2018 transfer window. :llorishowudoin:

(I don't ignore you Ginolaflair XD)

If the ignored users post is the first or the last on a page it will show up as you describe. It’s the way the forum software works. If it’s a bug or if there’s reason for it I don’t know

Not that you can see this post, presumably,

:townhmm:

Why would you need an ignore function?

Surely you could actually just ignore a post, yourself?

I don't have anyone on ignore, as surely the whole point of a forum is discussion whether you agree or not, perhaps I'm missing something?

I don't have any interest in reading posts from people that constantly stray off topic with their personal attacks or criticize EVERYTHING we do. They bring nothing to the discussion. Having said that, i only have 3 people on ignore.

If the ignored users post is the first or the last on a page it will show up as you describe. It’s the way the forum software works. If it’s a bug or if there’s reason for it I don’t know

Not that you can see this post, presumably,

:townhmm:
Who said this?

Why would you need an ignore function?

Surely you could actually just ignore a post, yourself?

I don't have anyone on ignore, as surely the whole point of a forum is discussion whether you agree or not, perhaps I'm missing something?
It’s actually very good....three people have ceased to exist in my experience here.
Gone completely.

Yes I just had a ten page cunt off, but I actually think Dane, John Thomas, Spurs EST and Pipes are ok.
We can bicker, but we can also respect each other, and despite saying things I don’t mean, it blows over.

The other three it will never be ok, ever and it’s vitriolic.

I haven’t had a cunt off with any of them in months, and that’s because they dont exist anymore.

Surely better for everyone and the reason the function is there.

The reality is, too many people claiming it’s a problem, are right in there loving it.
If someone can’t stand you and you ruin the forum, why not use ignore instead of constantly arguing?

Who’s the troll then?

Pointless
The function is better.....I’m not interested in being Ghandi. If someone calls me a cunt, I’ll call them a cunt back

Ok mate fair enough. I'm not trying to dig you out, just interested that's all.

Don't you think you might be missing out on a good debate/discussion within a thread though?

Back
Top Bottom