Ian wright decent geazer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Both and i've made that clear.
No you haven't.
There is no clarity of anything in that you said, just a load of muddled opinions based on no tangible evidence.
It's a sad world when people are no longer able to criticise underperforming sportsmen because they are not pink.
Sterling is a multimillionaire whose wages come from the sports watching public through their subscriptions to pay tv and gate receipts. If he isn't allowed to be judged by them then he should find another job where he is appraised by only his line manager.
I've been critical of him and not once did the colour of his skin affect my judgement, only his performances on the football field.
The biggest sadness for me is that Ian Wright sank to that level of comment. I thought he was better than that.

Always like Ian Wright tbh.

I met him ONCE at westway sports centre when I was around 9. Had a full spurs goalkeeper kit on surrounded by Goons dying to get his autograph. He picked me out amongst everyone, told me to come to him and he signed a magazine I was carrying then proceeded to give me a a pack of 4 tennis balls and a tennis racket before asking my mum if I was doing ok in school etc etc. He didn't acknowledge anybody else as well which made me feel really special as a kid.
My daughter was doing some part-time waitressing at Wembley a few ago. He was there, along with a few other ex scum and Spurs players.
She followed him to the the gents toilet - waited for him to come out and said that she was a THFC season ticket holder and that Woolwich are crap. To be fair, he took it well and laughed it off.

Post match punditry and Wright hasn't shut up about that terrible ref decision for the Brighton goal. Saying the ref shouldn't be bumped down a league but just booted out.

Big difference from the in game commentators saying Sonny and Kane should have seen yellow for diving.

Yet he is right i can imagine a ref directly looking at a situation but blinking and getting it wrong. Any ref who then reviews that decision and still believe he was right doesn't deserve to referee at any level never mind the top level.

Our penalty was very dubious I have to say it was probably the worse display of refereeing I have seen in five years he does not deserve to ref another top level game.

If there ever is such a thing as a "decent" or "bearable" gooner, he is it. Good to listen to and very reasonable.

Yet he is right i can imagine a ref directly looking at a situation but blinking and getting it wrong. Any ref who then reviews that decision and still believe he was right doesn't deserve to referee at any level never mind the top level.

Our penalty was very dubious I have to say it was probably the worse display of refereeing I have seen in five years he does not deserve to ref another top level game.
Not for me, yes Harry looked at the fella twice, and yes he made "no attempt" to go for the ball but that's because he wasn't trying to head it. He backed up knew the defender was the wrong side and, imo, was going to try and control the ball and shield it with his body.
Even if all of the above is bollocks, no defender can jump right through a player and not expect a free kick to be given.
The biggest tell is that none of their players were going mad at the ref for giving the free kick.

Not for me, yes Harry looked at the fella twice, and yes he made "no attempt" to go for the ball but that's because he wasn't trying to head it. He backed up knew the defender was the wrong side and, imo, was going to try and control the ball and shield it with his body.
Even if all of the above is bollocks, no defender can jump right through a player and not expect a free kick to be given.
The biggest tell is that none of their players were going mad at the ref for giving the free kick.
Agree with all of that but did happen in the penalty area? If that was given against us i would be furious. I love penalties given to Tottenham the dodger the better. But that was difficult to be 100% sure it happened in the box.

Agree with all of that but did happen in the penalty area? If that was given against i would be furious. I love penalties given to Tottenham the dodger the better. But that was difficult to be 100% sure it happened in the box.
Yeah, tbf I was shocked that it went to VAR and a penalty given. Stonewall free kick,I thought as soon as I saw it.
However on the reply you can clearly see Harry's foot was on the line of the penalty area, the line "belongs" to the 'keeper, therefore it was a penalty.

Back
Top Bottom