Hutton rinses Redknapp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thelonious

The Fighting Cock
Thelonious World Peace
Alan Hutton has revealed that he was treated as an outcast during his time at Tottenham and has accused Harry Redknapp of making his life a misery.

The full-back quit White Hart Lane for Aston Villa during the summer transfer window and claims the Spurs boss forced him to train with the kids at the club.

The Scotland International, who joined the North London club from Rangers three years ago, says he was upset with the way he was treated.

Last straw

Hutton, 26, said: "The last straw for me was when I was made to train with the kids. I don't know what that was about. You'll have to ask Mr Redknapp.

"He never said anything to me when I left the club. I can't actually tell you the last time we spoke. It was probably when I heard the words, 'I don't want you to train with us any more, I want you to train with the kids'.

"I just don't think anyone should be treated like that. For me, Spurs was an unhappy place. I knew my time was up long ago. When Redknapp came in, it just went downhill from there.

"I thought about going back to Scotland many times. At Tottenham I didn't have a love for football because I didn't feel wanted."

Having witnessed a very different side to Redknapp, who has been tipped to succeed Fabio Capello as England coach, Hutton added: "I'm not going to say who but there were so many people in that squad who felt unwanted.

"I've never experienced anything like that anywhere I've been."
link

I think he's shit and was rightly shown the door.

But if Redknapp treated Bale like that he'd be in the wrong?

This isn't about whether Hutton was shit. It's about Redknapp's lack of professionalism. Training with the youth team is a punishment for some wrong done to the club or the image of the club. Ergo if anyone should be training with the fucking youth team it should be Modric, not Alan Hutton (if he was still here).

Flav said:

This isn't about whether Hutton was shit. It's about Redknapp's lack of professionalism. Training with the youth team is a punishment for some wrong done to the club or the image of the club. Ergo if anyone should be training with the fucking youth team it should be Modric, not Alan Hutton (if he was still here).
can't disagree with what you've said but I'm not sad to see the back of Hutton regardless.

Thelonious Filth said:
Flav said:

can't disagree with what you've said but I'm not sad to see the back of Hutton regardless.

Oh no, he was SHIT. Glad he's gone.

I have it on good authority that the working title of that piece of gossip was originally "'Arry Monkeyfaced Me! by Alan Hutton."

Thank you FC podcast for introducing me the wonderful world of Brit slang and depraved sex moves.

But seriously, tell us something we didn't know already, Al. Spurs' deadweight was holding back the team, costing depth, financial resources, and morale. I know it hurts, Al, but you were about as useful as tits on a boar.

Flav said:
Thelonious Filth said:
Flav said:

Have to agree with Flav.This article, although most dismiss it as sour grapes, highlights Redknapps lack of man management skills, which I firmly believe are the reasons behind certain players never being given a run in the team or any chance at all.
I firmly believe that this will continue should he at some point become England Manager but more importantly for England his total lack of tactical awareness at the top level will be exposed and the myth of him being some kind of Messiah will be very quickly dismissed.

merlsdad said:
Flav said:
Thelonious Filth said:

Have to agree with Flav.This article, although most dismiss it as sour grapes, highlights Redknapps lack of man management skills, which I firmly believe are the reasons behind certain players never being given a run in the team or any chance at all.
I firmly believe that this will continue should he at some point become England Manager but more importantly for England his total lack of tactical awareness at the top level will be exposed and the myth of him being some kind of Messiah will be very quickly dismissed.

I always thought that good man managment was partially keeping the better players and those that perform happy, even if it is at the expenses of the shit ones.

That's the danger of reading one side of the story (even though it is entirely beleivable). For all we know hutton's shitness and inability to tackle properly was a threat to the fitness of other 1st team squad members who are less expendable.

Not defending Harry, as no doubt he will have his side of the story in due course, just hate the shit stirring media. Bastard Media scumbags, they ruin everything that is good in the world and replace it with utter shitness. :dry:

It is worrying if Redknapp made him train with the kids, that is pretty unprofessional unless Hutton done something behind the scenes?
Surely is sours the atmosphere amongst the players somewhat?

Then again, maybe it was a smart move by Redknapp in that he pisses the player off so much he will literally demand his agent gets him a move to another club. 'Arry did say a few times in interviews 'everyone wants the good players, its the ones who havent done so well you cant shift'

Wasn't there rumours of him taking coke or something? I seem to remember a period where he wasn't in the team and no explanation was given why. He wasn't injured etc.

hutton is well well know chang beat back at his native glasgow where the players up there are like the rest of the boys, he loves sticking bling up that big old bugle of his.

Back
Top Bottom