Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think he's easily the best keeper we've had that I can remember in the last 10 or so years. Just remember, we once fielded Kellers and Walkers. At the same time, I do think he's one of the best keepers in the league, and you can only judge a keeper on what a keeper needs to do, and he does it all very well.

In the last 13 games (13 because I saw a league table since Benitez took charge of Chelsea), we've conceded just 8 goals, the least in the league. That's partly due to our defence, but also equally him, seeing as our defence is prone to a few lapses in every league game.

I think he's easily the best keeper we've had that I can remember in the last 10 or so years. Just remember, we once fielded Kellers and Walkers. At the same time, I do think he's one of the best keepers in the league, and you can only judge a keeper on what a keeper needs to do, and he does it all very well.

In the last 13 games (13 because I saw a league table since Benitez took charge of Chelsea), we've conceded just 8 goals, the least in the league. That's partly due to our defence, but also equally him, seeing as our defence is prone to a few lapses in every league game.

Has he done enough to prove hes better than Friedel yet? Or Robinson before he went mental?

Our coaching staff havent had chance to ruin him yet.

Has he done enough to prove hes better than Friedel yet? Or Robinson before he went mental?

Our coaching staff havent had chance to ruin him yet.

I'm not basing it entirely on just his time with us though, he's been a great keeper before. I understand what you mean though, it's a bit early to name our new stadium after him, and we're clearly all getting a little excited, but it's nice to hopefully have a long term keeper who seems to be a 'top top player'

As for Robinson and Friedel. I always loved Robinson, but even before his form collapsed due to the England game he was always a bit suspect from long range shots. Friedel is great, and I never really had any gripes when he was kept in goal after Lloris signed, but he was a stopgap if only because of his age.

I'm not basing it entirely on just his time with us though, he's been a great keeper before. I understand what you mean though, it's a bit early to name our new stadium after him, and we're clearly all getting a little excited, but it's nice to hopefully have a long term keeper who seems to be a 'top top player'

As for Robinson and Friedel. I always loved Robinson, but even before his form collapsed due to the England game he was always a bit suspect from long range shots. Friedel is great, and I never really had any gripes when he was kept in goal after Lloris signed, but he was a stopgap if only because of his age.

Stop being reasonable you prick! You are supposed to reply "old skeletor was shit, Lloris is one million times better than him. As for Blobbinson, you got shit in your eyyyyyyeess???"

Most overrated player on our books by far.

Dont get me wrong hes a good keeper, bit punchy for my liking but still doing a fine job.

However the way people rave about him you would think he regularly takes it round the entire opposition and slots everytime were short of a goal or two. Its mental.

Youre all mental.

Come off the boozer, mate :chicco:

He's adjusting to the English game pretty well, he does favour the punch but that's fairly common on the continent. Hopefully he can keep up the good progress and not fall away like Gomes and Robinson. Spurs know how to ruin keepers.

:avblol: is it that obvious?

Admin Admin bring back the halo smiley!
He has you totally under his thumb. Old Thelo would have just responded with something like:
Thelonious said:
RmTeLmX.gif

true! haha!

I do think Lloris has done well, just hoping he can have his best years with us. Perfect manager for him as well.

Your genius knows no bounds.

Yeah but, yeah but, I said his teeth were too small first! Where's my genius reply Raitei... WHERE??
Meh, I'm merely the Canon to Thelo's Ball... The Ernie to his Eric.... The straight man never gets the recognition!! ...or is that homophobic?

Smiley Smiley!

The punching is not so much a continental thing , he does it because keepers are a lot less protected in England. Especially in FK/Corner situations. That's why he changed his style a bit, or at least that's what he said.

Yeah but, yeah but, I said his teeth were too small first! Where's my genius reply Raitei... WHERE??
Meh, I'm merely the Canon to Thelo's Ball... The Ernie to his Eric.... The straight man never gets the recognition!! ...or is that homophobic?

Smiley Smiley!
Calling you a genius would be like screaming to the world that the sky is blue, we already take it for fact.

Back
Top Bottom