Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Admin Admin

Here's one of those posts I was talking about.
I can see what pleb pleb has written and I'm sure there should be a picture or Giph in there. On my screen it's just a blank space.

pleb pleb , please don't change it so Case can see it and fix for future. Thanks

Edit; When I put the cursor over the blank space, "related giphs" appears.
Sorry just changed it, I can tell you it is the giphs I use on site!

Presently becoming the media’s poster boy for the abolition of VAR because he laughed after the Jesus goal was chalked off at the weekend.

Apparently this laugh meant that he didn’t know why the goal wasn’t given, so VAR is shit.

Apparently.

300 appearances!

He'll probably overtake Anderton as our top appearance maker in the Premier League by the end of next season.

Still some way off Perrymans 866 first team appearances though.

300 appearances!

He'll probably overtake Anderton as our top appearance maker in the Premier League by the end of next season.

Still some way off Perrymans 866 first team appearances though.

Love to see him back on the pitch for us now. There was a guy who always put a shift in :thumbup:

MOTM performance right there. His distribution was also not to bad for him.

I'd still like to see him release the ball sooner so we can counter, especially when we play teams that have pushed us back.

I thought his distribution was terrible, to be honest. (Worse pass completion of any player on the pitch too)

He tends to either hit it out of play or plays it high and slow which gives the opposition the chance to press before our players can even get it under control.

He hit the ball long 17 times against City and was accurate 6 times with it. Saying that, Alderweireld, who's usually alright with his distribution, was also terrible and continuously gave the ball away.

Then again, I absolutely hate it when we play out at the back against the likes of City - thought it might be a bit different this season with Ndombele and Winks, two players comfortable with receiving the ball in midfield and turning, but we seemed a bit scared at times when in possession, especially at the back

I thought his distribution was terrible, to be honest. (Worse pass completion of any player on the pitch too)

He tends to either hit it out of play or plays it high and slow which gives the opposition the chance to press before our players can even get it under control.

He hit the ball long 17 times against City and was accurate 6 times with it. Saying that, Alderweireld, who's usually alright with his distribution, was also terrible and continuously gave the ball away.

Then again, I absolutely hate it when we play out at the back against the likes of City - thought it might be a bit different this season with Ndombele and Winks, two players comfortable with receiving the ball in midfield and turning, but we seemed a bit scared at times when in possession, especially at the back
We were actually VERY good at playing out from the back against City, I specifically refer to the fact that City only turned over the ball probably twice when we were doing it from out of defence. I'm specifically not referring to us going long and losing possession here or to it being turned over in midfield, JUST WHAT OUR DEFENCE WAS DOING ON THE BALL.

During this build-up Lloris passing to his defenders was almost perfect, this is made easier when KWP shows for the ball more than Tripps ever did, the stats also help when a better ball player can receive the ball in different situations (Tripps you could read like a book and go at him because you knew what he was going to do next).

Lloris was far more decisive than he usually is with the ball at his feet if the pass wasn't on he wouldn't faff and hold on to it and opted to go long. His long kicking has always been his achelies heel but it didn't put us under any unnecessary pressure, we were under pressure for the entire game but I'm talking about an intercepted pass that they counter-pressed against, their regains were from throw-ins or won from 2nd ball with us largely still set with a block behind the ball. In fact, I'd say when he kicked long into touch it was deliberate.

Let's not judge anything based on that game in terms of Winks and Ndombele yet, I'm a fan of Winks but he's nowhere near that good to expect that level of meaningful/progressive ball retention from a relentless 75min Man City press. Ndombele needs to settle into the team. But both kept the ball reasonably well, it was the option to progress the ball and break City lines with their passing that was lacking. Ndombele did attempt and was successful with a few dribbles, but options in front of him were very limited and often the ball was played back even though he had broken their first line with that take on.

But, back to Lloris, he was decisive, assured & quite deliberate with the ball at his feet. No panic was created as a consequence.

Last edited:
I think his knees are gone now, mate

Remember the old one about Bobby Charlton being asked if the England team of 1966 played the current England squad who would win. Charlton replied "I think we would but it would be a narrow 1-0, after all you have to remember most of us are in our late 70's now".
Priceless :thumbup:

Made some very good saves but his distribution with his feet was again an issue. Why does the defender receiving the ball not just kick it up field as surely Vertonghen could make a better job of it than Lloris.

Made some very good saves but his distribution with his feet was again an issue. Why does the defender receiving the ball not just kick it up field as surely Vertonghen could make a better job of it than Lloris.
To say his distribution is an issue is putting it politely - it is appalling and I'm amazed it doesn't cost us more often. That pass at the start of the 2nd half!!!
It drives me mad when the defence keep giving him the ball unnecessarily. They know he's dodgy with his kicking, so minimise how much you give it to him for fuck's sake.

Back
Top Bottom