Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was poor keeping, Steve molecas that. He shouldn’t be scoring from there with a shot that pace. Not the first time we’ve seen Lloris slow to get down or get his angle wrong. Did the same against Salah last season in the same position for example.
It’s getting weird with him. I honestly feel better with Gazza in goal these days

Hugo had some great saves v United and he is obviously our best goalkeeper, but we need to look at a replacement in the next few years.. I think Ajax' goalkeeper André Onana (22) is a very interesting one, very good with his feet as well.

Lloris is average ATM. As pointed out he was not ready for the shot, Jermaine Jenas singled him out on MOTD, and I was shouting save it while he stood there and let it go past his "chocolate wrist". De Gea showed him up totally.....

It’s getting weird with him. I honestly feel better with Gazza in goal these days

He's been on the wobble for a few years now. I was talking with my old man about him and it's incredible how hard it is to remember his last genuinely good game for us. Teams find it to easy to score against us and let's be honest, a team consisting of Lloris, Vertonghen, Alderweireld & Davinson Sanchez should no way be on what is it, 8 losses halfway through January? For me he's been our worst player this season, he's really letting us down

Lloris is average ATM. As pointed out he was not ready for the shot, Jermaine Jenas singled him out on MOTD, and I was shouting save it while he stood there and let it go past his "chocolate wrist". De Gea showed him up totally.....
de Gea didn't have to sprint 40yrds back towards and across his own goal to get in position to make his save though, he was already set and only had to make small adjustments to get his angle right. There is a MASSIVE difference between the two scenarios.

Yes, Lloris was stood outside his post and he should have been a foot or two further in.

He's been on the wobble for a few years now. I was talking with my old man about him and it's incredible how hard it is to remember his last genuinely good game for us. Teams find it to easy to score against us and let's be honest, a team consisting of Lloris, Vertonghen, Alderweireld & Davinson Sanchez should no way be on what is it, 8 losses halfway through January? For me he's been our worst player this season, he's really letting us down

Blaming Hugo for some of those defeats is laughable, Vorm was in goal for 2 of them against Watford and Liverpool. Against City there was nothing he could have done, same against Woolwich. Our defence was horrid in both those games. Against Wolves the whole team was cack. Maybe he could have kept the clean sheet against United but of more relevance was the 11 chances we fired straight at De Gea.

Lloris is having an average season but he's still had some great performances. Inter at home in the CL, United away, Southampton at home where he stopped us from throwing the game away. We definitely need to look for our next keeper as a long term project but Lloris is just fine at the moment. He's had a complicated season for many reasons.

BIG mistake from him tonight.

Totally indefensible.

You wouldn't expect to see that in a youth game, let alone the PL.
He really has been poor for a while now, consistently making mistakes and they always seem to be in tight matches

Great servant for this club , there is no denying that and I would be very sad to see him leave anytime soon but needs to get his focus back and quickly

BIG mistake from him tonight.

Totally indefensible.

You wouldn't expect to see that in a youth game, let alone the PL.
He’s becoming more inconsistent. He plays out of his mind some games then loses it the next. He used to have 1 or 2 of these blunders in him a season. I think we are up to 4 or 5 already. I think they’ve all come in wins, though, maybe a draw in the CL. Still, let’s stop tempting fate.

There were a couple of situations tonight where he was very conservative in coming off his line to sweep things up at the back, that's very unlike him.

His starting position is so bloody inconsistent. Some times he's so deep and then rushes out fully mental, other times he's in a decent position but freezes like a rabbit in the headlights. I hope just because of who he is. Toni doesn't feel he can't pull him aside and show him where he could improve.

Back
Top Bottom