Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First and third goals he had no chance on and while the 2nd goal wasn't soft, you get the feeling that a title winning GK has to pull that save off to bail out his side who were clearly knackered

I just wonder with him being French, is he communicating with his French buddies in Woolwich to do a Sol Campbell and betray Spurs?? He could have saved all 3 Wolves goals, he should have saved at least 2 (Everton game was the same).

I don’t think he was much at fault for the goals, it was so obvious that we would concede a goal when we were in the lead. We didn’t wake up after that for whatever reason so you could tell something worse was gonna happen.

Been an advocate that we need to look at improving on Lloris and as he's getting older it's more obvious that we need to. Hugo 3 years ago saves those last 2, he's just not ageing well IMO

Hmm, looking at how de Gea did yesterday, was I the only one who thought that Lloris could have done better with Rashford shot (though it was well placed to the corner, just his movement looked uncertain)?

Hmm, looking at how de Gea did yesterday, was I the only one who thought that Lloris could have done better with Rashford shot (though it was well placed to the corner, just his movement looked uncertain)?

I think it's nitpicking a bit. I get where you're coming from, but if Rashford hat put it an inch either side, it'd have gone past, or Loris would have got a fingertip to it. Think we've got to give Rashford credit for the finish.

I thought JJ's analysis was good on MOTD and his positioning wasn't right to far outside his front post, by comparison, they showed de Gea positioned on the inside of his front post. However, what he didn't make reference to was that Lloris had to sprint about 40yrds to get into that position (he was on the edge of his box and on Tripps side of the pitch), de Gea was already set and had to make a minimal movement (no more than a couple of yrds) to be in position.

I think it's nitpicking a bit. I get where you're coming from, but if Rashford hat put it an inch either side, it'd have gone past, or Loris would have got a fingertip to it. Think we've got to give Rashford credit for the finish.

Tbf I thought he did get a tip to it. Not sure it helped that he had to sprint back into position though

I wouldn't blame Lloris.

Perhaps on a different occasion he saves it but the whole situation was avoidable. Trippier's pass and Vertonghen's positioning were all avoidable. He also made some really good saves in the second half when we were chasing.

They were rightly critical of his attempt to save the Rashford shot on MOTD2. To me he looked too slow to get his arm down, to Jenas he blamed his positioning as compared to a similar save by De Gea.

Either way I'm underwhelmed by Lloris once again and (without wanting to jinx things) thank goodness it's Gazza between the sticks on Thursday.

If Dele, Kane et all, had placed there shots in the corner of the goal as Rashford did, we would all be saying what a great finish it/they was/were.

A great finish by Rashford does not mean Hugo was at fault.
No more than shit finishing by our players means that De Gea made great saves. (He did make some, just as Hugo did)

Lloris was in the air as rashord hit it..his feet were off the floor as he was adjusted sting his position. It's unfortunate, and also means the shot is almost past him before he can get down. No forwards aim to time a shot like that, but added to the fact it was going right in by the post. ..

It was poor keeping, He shouldn’t be scoring from there with a shot that pace. Not the first time we’ve seen Lloris slow to get down or get his angle wrong. Did the same against Salah last season in the same position for example.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom