Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's obviously very good keeper.

But it seems like he's always great against "smaller" teams. In big games he has been average or worse. It's a concerne surely.
I can't think of a keeper that we could get who's better than Lloris.

His Champions League performances have been terrible, no one could disagree with that.

But in the league this season (beyond the City goal), I can't think of any poor games from him this season.

Newcastle (A) - Won us the game with great saves in the second half. Won 2-1
Fulham (A) - Comfortable. Won 3-1.
Man Utd (A) - Crucial saves at 0-0. Won 3-0.
Cardiff (H) - Won us the game after a great save in the second half. Won 1-0
West Ham (A) - Won us the game with world class save from Arnautovic at the end. Won 1-0
Man City (A) - Less said the better. Lost 1-0
Wolves (A) - Absolutely won us the game, made some worldies. Won 3-2.
Crystal Palace (A) - Some solid saves. Won 1-0
Chelsea (H) - Made some solid saves at 1-0 and 2-0. Won 3-1
Woolwich (A) - Couldn't do anything with any of the goals. Lost 4-2
Southampton (H) - World class saves today. Won 3-1

I don't think he could have saved ANY of the goals he's conceded this season. He has arguably helped win us 6 of the 11 games he's started in the league this season.

His Champions League performances have been terrible, no one could disagree with that.

But in the league this season (beyond the City goal), I can't think of any poor games from him this season.

Newcastle (A) - Won us the game with great saves in the second half. Won 2-1
Fulham (A) - Comfortable. Won 3-1.
Man Utd (A) - Crucial saves at 0-0. Won 3-0.
Cardiff (H) - Won us the game after a great save in the second half. Won 1-0
West Ham (A) - Won us the game with world class save from Arnautovic at the end. Won 1-0
Man City (A) - Less said the better. Lost 1-0
Wolves (A) - Absolutely won us the game, made some worldies. Won 3-2.
Crystal Palace (A) - Some solid saves. Won 1-0
Chelsea (H) - Made some solid saves at 1-0 and 2-0. Won 3-1
Woolwich (A) - Couldn't do anything with any of the goals. Lost 4-2
Southampton (H) - World class saves today. Won 3-1

I don't think he could have saved ANY of the goals he's conceded this season. He has arguably helped win us 6 of the 11 games he's started in the league this season.

How do you remember this?!

I’m lucky if I can remember last weeks score

I can't think of a keeper that we could get who's better than Lloris.

Cillessen, especially if we want to play a keeper who is good with the ball at his feet.

Problem for me with Hugo is that he doesn't organise his defence the way a keeper should. The defence doesn't work as a unit and the keeper should be telling them where to be and what to do. There's much much more to modern football than shot stopping, and that's Hugo's big strength.

Back
Top Bottom