Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

conveniently ignoring the great save that kept us in the game though.

Could say exact same thing back. He made a good save. Fine. He also made a horrendous kicking error that almost sealed the game for them. I'd rather he erradicate the fuck ups first, worry about pulling off worldies later

Could say exact same thing back. He made a good save. Fine. He also made a horrendous kicking error that almost sealed the game for them. I'd rather he erradicate the fuck ups first, worry about pulling off worldies later
Yet Edison nearly cost his team a goal with his shite positioning (Kane's long-range shot) but he's World Class.

So let me get this straight, the brilliant save he made both he/us shouldn't worry about even though that would have put the game out of sight but the errand kick that resulted in nothing is what he/us should all be focussing? You know how utterly ridiculous that sounds right?

Yet Edison nearly cost his team a goal with his shite positioning (Kane's long-range shot) but he's World Class.

So let me get this straight, the brilliant save he made both he/us shouldn't worry about even though that would have put the game out of sight but the errand kick that resulted in nothing is what he/us should all be focussing? You know how utterly ridiculous that sounds right?

If you think he's beyond criticism that's up to you. Just because his error didn't prove costly doesn't make everything okay. Nor is it ridiculous - it's a legitimate concern. Fact is, he somehow gets away with a lot of dodgy kick-outs and is making increasingly bad decisions. If that doesn't worry you then fine, but it does bother plenty of others.

Last edited:
If you think he's beyond criticism that's up to you. Just because his error didn't prove costly doesn't make everything okay. Nor is it ridiculous - it's a legitimate concern. Fact is, he somehow gets away with a lot of dodgy kick-outs and is making increasingly bad decisions. If that doesn't worry you then fine, but it does bother plenty of others.
Thankfully it doesn't bother Poch who picks him every single game if he's fit.
:adethumbup:

Goalkeeper is the most mentally demanding position in football for me. It's an isolated role and one where there is no hiding place. Other players low in confidence can just run around a lot, look busy without actually doing anything but when the keeper is called into action he has to be ready and when he makes an error (punished or unpunished) he has to try and get over it.

I don't think Hugo is a headstrong footballer. His passing has never been a strong point but it has never been that bad as it is now where he's gifting chances every almost every game. Mind you our defenders currently are being caught out so maybe as a team we should cut out the playing from the back.

However I also don't think he's one of those keepers who will age well since a large part of his game is about speed and athleticism. His reading of the game and decision making has never been all great but he could cover for it with his speed but now he's more hesitant and more error prone.

He also picks Trippier almost all of the time.

I thought Lloris was good last night. When he doesn't throw one in in a big/glamour game, that is always a bonus.
Yep one that I don't understand unless there are still issues with his (Aurier's fitness) and application.

Detail just how many games he's cost Spurs, list them for each game and I think you will see that you are suffering from what is known as recency bias confirmation.

I will stick with my running commentary, thanks, Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 .
I'll save you some laborious admin, he cost us points against Chelsea last year following an error. Against city last year he made an error that leads to a goal, but that wasn't why we lost. Many, probably you too, will point to the Barca game, I don't but fair enough if you do (I point the finger at Frodo) but that moment didn't cost us the game, just as his sending off against PSV result in them scoring. But even if you want to include those two games on the list that's three games we lost from errors, from 254 games!!!

As I say it's recency confirmation bias.

I'll save you some laborious admin, he cost us points against Chelsea last year following an error. Against city last year he made an error that leads to a goal, but that wasn't why we lost. Many, probably you too, will point to the Barca game, I don't but fair enough if you do (I point the finger at Frodo) but that moment didn't cost us the game, just as his sending off against PSV result in them scoring. But even if you want to include those two games on the list that's three games we lost from errors, from 254 games!!!

As I say it's recency confirmation bias.
You will not turn me into a Guido/Bus-Conductor hybrid. I don't think there's much of a market for that around here.

I gave him my Five MOM award after the West Ham game. I hope that's recent enough for you.

We are all prone to biases. You're no different.

I can only assume it'd clash with the City away kit
The City kit clashed with the ref's top for me.
I don't like Cadburys eclairs either.
57867.png

You will not turn me into a Guido/Bus-Conductor hybrid. I don't think there's much of a market for that around here.

I gave him my Five MOM award after the West Ham game. I hope that's recent enough for you.

We are all prone to biases. You're no different.

I agree but I do try my best to at least check for bias or reign it in.

Merely picking you up on your comments around "throw one in a big/glamour game" when facts are he's done that once (Chelsea) and even allowing for those that I disagree with, 4 times in 254 games. That's all.

I agree but I do try my best to at least check for bias or reign it in.

Merely picking you up on your comments around "throw one in a big/glamour game" when facts are he's done that once (Chelsea) and even allowing for those that I disagree with, 4 times in 254 games. That's all.
I think you could get a job working for the Trump administration, Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 .

I try to be balanced, too. Many times he has cost us in big games. Many times. Hardened criminals. Bad people.

Lloris used to be my favourite Spurs player, but my confidence in him has taken a battering since 2015/2016.

Then there is also the small matter of my brand of humour. You may come to understand it better, especially if we become PM buddies. Anything is possible.

I think it was more an absolutely shocking effort by Solorth than a great save by Lloris but he made the save and didn't cost us.

I don't think it was a great performance and it wasn't the worst but something definitely seem a bit off with him lately. Almost shows how high our expectations are of him when he's kept 3 cleansheets in our last 5 league games and saved us 6 points within that time!

Back
Top Bottom