Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nice to see him back. Think he will be happy that he no longer has to play each ball short which sometimes put the team in trouble. Whilst the same happened with Gazza, I do not understand why we telegraph it is going long. Both cb's await a short pass and 3 opponents are just out of the area and then The GK sends them away and goes long. Not only does that mean 3 more defending the long GK but the CB 's are not going to receive the ball. I assume this is to play the opposition offside if the ball comes back quickly but why not pretend to go short and then use the element of surprise by going long. It could allow an advantage to our attackers not having the entire opposition back in their own half when the GK sends the ball long.

Nice to see him back. Think he will be happy that he no longer has to play each ball short which sometimes put the team in trouble. Whilst the same happened with Gazza, I do not understand why we telegraph it is going long. Both cb's await a short pass and 3 opponents are just out of the area and then The GK sends them away and goes long. Not only does that mean 3 more defending the long GK but the CB 's are not going to receive the ball. I assume this is to play the opposition offside if the ball comes back quickly but why not pretend to go short and then use the element of surprise by going long. It could allow an advantage to our attackers not having the entire opposition back in their own half when the GK sends the ball long.
Simply because if we pretend to go short and then actually go long and the oppositions CB powers a header back up the pitch, we'll have their 3 forwards possibly getting the ball just outside our 18 yard box.

Having him back will make a huge difference to the rest of the season. Great save with his foot, great save on the pen and a fantastic claim on a cross in the second half, took it right off Jesus’ head. MOTM for me.

Last edited:
EPyy5cbX0AEbOts
8sLd5HT.jpg

Ready to eat my humble pie. Biggest gripe I had with him was in the big games he often fucked up. Was a giant in that goal tonight, and we would of lost without him

More of it Hugo please Hugo keep giving the pie and I'll eat it gladly COYS

Ready to eat my humble pie. Biggest gripe I had with him was in the big games he often fucked up. Was a giant in that goal tonight, and we would of lost without him

More of it Hugo please Hugo keep giving the pie and I'll eat it gladly COYS
Hugo has been fantastic since returning, and I'm in the same boat re: eating humble pie!

Can't shake the feeling that *something* from coaching to team management is getting an extra level of performance out of him. Hugo himself seems to actually be reaching our outfield players with his long passing, which I never thought I'd see.
It could also be something to do with our defensive line pushing less high up (so exposing him to fewer opportunities to make mistakes) and/or our defenders being better drilled to provide passing outlets for him from goal kicks.

Hugo has been fantastic since returning, and I'm in the same boat re: eating humble pie!

Can't shake the feeling that *something* from coaching to team management is getting an extra level of performance out of him. Hugo himself seems to actually be reaching our outfield players with his long passing, which I never thought I'd see.
It could also be something to do with our defensive line pushing less high up (so exposing him to fewer opportunities to make mistakes) and/or our defenders being better drilled to provide passing outlets for him from goal kicks.

Everyone in the back line looks much better since Mou came in IMO. You can tell that's where he's been focusing. But I wouldn't bet past he's playing better because Gaz did pretty well whilst he was out. Competition for places always makes players play better

Everyone in the back line looks much better since Mou came in IMO. You can tell that's where he's been focusing. But I wouldn't bet past he's playing better because Gaz did pretty well whilst he was out. Competition for places always makes players play better
Trophies are built on strong defences (in fact, I think I remember José talking about this when lamenting that we couldn't keep a clean sheet - as a clean sheet in itself guarantees that you haven't been beaten), and I dare say tonight was a flavour of what's to come in our upcoming CL games!

Back
Top Bottom