Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He doesnt necessarily have to alienate or fuck him off straight away either as he us out for a while yet too - perfect time to give the armband to Harry permanently and not spoil the mood with Hugo.
Personally this should mean the end for Hugo though, he is past his best and a calamity at times, his distribution is horrendous and he can barely get the ball past half way with his kickouts.
Mourinho will want a 6 foot 4 beast who can command his area 100%.
Will Gazza make it? unlikely maybe but he has his chance now to prove hes got the minerals.

Agree with this. Cannot see him being able to put up with Lloris.
the fact hes been Poch right hand man, captain, most senior trusted player and tied his own future to him on multiple occasions is enough of an excuse for taking the armband with no hard feelings too.

Can't see Mourinho reinstating a goalie as captain - I always felt Spurs had the worst captain in the PL, a captain who constantly cost Tottenham results and made everyone nervous with his foolish short passes at the back. Kane should keep the armband and Gazza be no.1 keeper.

Has there been any public word at all from the captain about the change in manager?

I know he's injured, but he really doesn't make his presence felt at all to the fans.

For me, long live Harry Kane as captain.

So, just posting this as it's been my running theme of mine on how the stats within the media get used. I'm sure those of you who weren't at the game yesterday have all had a laugh at Edderson's error last night against Shakhtar. He does this sort of shit more regularly than any 'keeper I can think of. The oppo hardlt ever punish him for the error. Wait a week or two and some twat will post a list of errors made by a goalkeeper that has led to a goal and by deduction Edderson will be spoken about as one of the Worlds best 'keepers because he's not on the list!

The error is still made, just because the oppo were shite at benefiting from the error doesn't mean the error didn't happen.

Last edited:
Has there been any public word at all from the captain about the change in manager?

I know he's injured, but he really doesn't make his presence felt at all to the fans.

For me, long live Harry Kane as captain.

Lloris has his weaknesses no doubt, but at the end of the day that's a guy who has been the skipper for an awful lot of success for club and country.

It's not dissimilar from Poch. Yes, you can make a compelling case that it's time to move on, but if we do, let's have some appreciation for what the guy accomplished here. Hugo was an integral part of the outstanding defense that really changed things for this club.

Can't see Mourinho reinstating a goalie as captain - I always felt Spurs had the worst captain in the PL, a captain who constantly cost Tottenham results and made everyone nervous with his foolish short passes at the back.
I'm guessing that José will ban the short pass around the back 4 with Lloris between the sticks. Ditto the Cruyff turns in the 6 yard box.

Which will leave him to concentrate on shot stopping, at which he's rather good.

I would be even happier to learn that JM has been making Hugo do triple training sessions on his kicking from back passes. Maybe even a bit of practise with his right peg.

Lloris has his weaknesses no doubt, but at the end of the day that's a guy who has been the skipper for an awful lot of success for club and country.

It's not dissimilar from Poch. Yes, you can make a compelling case that it's time to move on, but if we do, let's have some appreciation for what the guy accomplished here. Hugo was an integral part of the outstanding defense that really changed things for this club.
Of course, he's an excellent goalkeeper, though possibly on a slight decline. I just almost never notice him doing captain things, on or off the pitch.

So, just posting this as it's been my running theme of mine on how the stats within the media get used. I'm sure those of you who weren't at the game yesterday have all had a laugh at Edderson's error last night against Shakhtar. He does this sort of shit more regularly than any 'keeper I can think of. The oppo hardlt ever punish him for the error. Wait a week or two and some twat will post a list of errors made by a goalkeeper that has led to a goal and by deduction Edderson will be spoken about as one of the Worlds best 'keepers because he's not on the list!

The error is still made, just because the oppo were shite at benefiting from the error doesn't mean the error didn't happen.

See "Allison Becker". According to Sky Sports, made 9 errors that cos Liverpool a goal last season. Apparently one of the best in the world.

See "Allison Becker". According to Sky Sports, made 9 errors that cos Liverpool a goal last season. Apparently one of the best in the world.
Again, just using the wrong stats. The worst one is errors leading to goals, it's my own personal campaign, I see Edderson and Allison make errors every week, I'd argue more than Lloris. What has been different has been the error committed the oppo scored from. I've seen the attackers miss open goals following an error from Edderson, but with Lloris seen the attacker score.

It's more helpful just to have the number of errors committed by the 'keeper listed. But when anyone wants to create a narrative with a stat then we get what we have.

The above stat is an important part of what makes a good 'keeper and that's making saves. It is only one function a 'keeper is required to fulfil but it is telling that the media do not pump out this stat as much as the one of errors leading to goals, almost like they are set on a certain narrative path.

I crave for a concise list of multiple stats that break down the function performed by the 'keeper in one place that can then be viewed without a narrative attached.

Again, just using the wrong stats. The worst one is errors leading to goals, it's my own personal campaign, I see Edderson and Allison make errors every week, I'd argue more than Lloris. What has been different has been the error committed the oppo scored from. I've seen the attackers miss open goals following an error from Edderson, but with Lloris seen the attacker score.

It's more helpful just to have the number of errors committed by the 'keeper listed. But when anyone wants to create a narrative with a stat then we get what we have.

The above stat is an important part of what makes a good 'keeper and that's making saves. It is only one function a 'keeper is required to fulfil but it is telling that the media do not pump out this stat as much as the one of errors leading to goals, almost like they are set on a certain narrative path.

I crave for a concise list of multiple stats that break down the function performed by the 'keeper in one place that can then be viewed without a narrative attached.
The funny with allison is, in one season, he cost us 1 less goal the lloris has in his whole time at spurs. And allison gets away with a shitload too...(even when he got sent off the other day. He fucked up, got himself sent off, but the resulting goal doent go down against him)

The funny with allison is, in one season, he cost us 1 less goal the lloris has in his whole time at spurs. And allison gets away with a shitload too...(even when he got sent off the other day. He fucked up, got himself sent off, but the resulting goal doent go down against him)
Yep, all narrative building.

He's a good 'keeper, I'm not trying to say anything to the contrary, it's just nauseating having the error to goals one rammed down Lloris's throat, whilst other 'keepers make just as many mistakes but because the oppo didn't score from the error it elevates the others to world-class.

Many things make up a 'keeper, the stats will also be heavily weighted on the style of play each team works to. Whether their team plays out from the back or not. Whether a team concedes many shots on their goal or not.

Just wish there was a straight table containing all stats in one view, whare some balance and context could be taken. Will never happen.

He should become the starter again once he is fit. He isn't as good as he used to be and prone to the usual brain fart, but I think it's clear he's still a better option than Gazza. We should sign his replacement in the summer nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom