Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just think Poch has to be true to his word here.

Gazza is number one now. Whoever comes in, whether it be Loris' return or a new acquisition, needs to earn the right to replace him.

Surely Ajax are not going to sell Onana mid season? If Hugo is out long term I think we will soldier on with Gazza for the season since we have brought Vorm back home as cover. And move for Onana/Nübel/Whoever in the summer.

I'd be hugely surprised if they did or if we made a move for such an important player come Jan. Come to think of it I can't remember the last goalkeeper to make a January move 🤔

Hugo wouldn’t have kept a clean sheet last night. Not a chance. That 1 on 1 in the first half would have been 1-0 to Red Star and then it’s a totally different game.

I love Hugo and all he’s done for us, but I really do hope the links to Onana are genuine because the simple fact is Hugo isn’t a great goalkeeper anymore.

I'd be hugely surprised if they did or if we made a move for such an important player come Jan. Come to think of it I can't remember the last goalkeeper to make a January move 🤔
It's bound to have happened. But it is probably usually second string/third string keepers moving for playing time. Not first choicers.

Hugo wouldn’t have kept a clean sheet last night. Not a chance. That 1 on 1 in the first half would have been 1-0 to Red Star and then it’s a totally different game.

I love Hugo and all he’s done for us, but I really do hope the links to Onana are genuine because the simple fact is Hugo isn’t a great goalkeeper anymore.

Really? I feel like Hugo's shot stopping is the only reason he's been our No. 1 for so long, it surely hasn't been through his distribution.

I agree on Onana though, I think he's going to be a great GK, and if Gazzaniga is going to be a solid option, he can allow us to bed in Onana and get him comfortable.

Really? I feel like Hugo's shot stopping is the only reason he's been our No. 1 for so long, it surely hasn't been through his distribution.

I agree on Onana though, I think he's going to be a great GK, and if Gazzaniga is going to be a solid option, he can allow us to bed in Onana and get him comfortable.
Long range shot stopping sure he can look spectacular at times but his bread and butter one on ones are average at best. Not to mention his extremely suspect near post reactions.

And his distribution is so bad it’s not even worth talking about.

March 2017:

"My future is linked to Mauricio's, that is a certainty," Lloris, who is on international duty with France, told Le Figaro.
"He matters a lot to me and our relationship goes beyond football – it is a partnership.
"His presence and our relationship are the most important elements for me. One day he will be the best manager in the world and for me he is already.
"I feel very good here, but in football everything is fragile and things can change very quickly.

Could Hugo be on the way out now then?

March 2017:

"My future is linked to Mauricio's, that is a certainty," Lloris, who is on international duty with France, told Le Figaro.
"He matters a lot to me and our relationship goes beyond football – it is a partnership.
"His presence and our relationship are the most important elements for me. One day he will be the best manager in the world and for me he is already.
"I feel very good here, but in football everything is fragile and things can change very quickly.

How often has he talked about going somewhere else, wasn't it a few months ago he came out with his "I definitely won't finish my career here".

Bye Hugo, you've been good, but we need better.

March 2017:

Not fussed to be honest.

One good thing about Jose's appointment is that he is likely to go for someone like Nubel over Onana.

Nubel on a free transfer would be deal of the century.

Will be interesting to see how Jose handles the Hugo situation. Having a view from outside the club should help him make less of a bias opinion of the guy and his value to the club. If there was ever a time to start again with our GK now is the time.

Back
Top Bottom