Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gazzanigga is terrible at penalties otherwise he's ok. Don't Spurs have a goalkeeping coach that can teach him to wait for it to be kicked and then dive where the ball went???

He deserves nothing. This is why we are a loser team. He is paid 100k's a week to be the best. If he makes idiotic mistakes (and this is the 8th time he has cost us a goal) he should be dropped. FUCK HIM.

Poch needs to show some fucking balls. This whole squad think they are untouchable - no new players and a weak manager have seen to that.

Harry Kane dictating when he comes back from injury, ruining Son in the process.

The whole thing is a fucking shit show.
Tell it how it is why don’t you lol....
He has to be upgraded no question, but giving him the lethal injection right now could cause problems, dressing room unrest being the biggest one, he’s Captain and that means Pochettino having to hand that to someone else without someone else getting upset who thinks they should be Captain, it also puts Gazza under a lot of pressure with what is essentially 7 must win games, add to that the CL City games.....big risk at this point, cross our fingers and hope Hugo switches the fuck on and then it’s Lethal injection time after the season.....
Good managers work out other teams weaknesses, most have been targeting Trippier all season, yesterday Klopp told his players to basically swamped Lloris on every corner and Liverpool’s attackers left their man to chase down Hugo at every opportunity hoping for the mistake, that mistake didn’t happen but it was nerve wracking watching it every time......Lloris is a smart guy and he probably knew that’s what was happening all game and those thoughts running through his head for 90mins might of been too much for him in the end......que him making the most basic mistake a goalkeeper can make at the end......this games all about mentality!!

Whilst I would be very open to us moving on from Hugo this Summer and investing in a young promising goalkeeper such as Onana from Ajax, I honestly think the chances of it happening are slim to none. Him and Poch seem to have an unbreakable relationship, and I reckon as long as Poch is our manager, Hugo will be our keeper.

I really don't think Gazzaniga is the the answer either unfortunately. Sure he's looked good in the odd appearance here and there, but play him week in week out and he would be shown up badly IMV.

Whilst I would be very open to us moving on from Hugo this Summer and investing in a young promising goalkeeper such as Onana from Ajax, I honestly think the chances of it happening are slim to none. Him and Poch seem to have an unbreakable relationship, and I reckon as long as Poch is our manager, Hugo will be our keeper.

I really don't think Gazzaniga is the the answer either unfortunately. Sure he's looked good in the odd appearance here and there, but play him week in week out and he would be shown up badly IMV.
I'm not entirely sure about that. Poch seems to have a fantastic bond with guys who buy into his philosophy, but I think he can also be cut throat when necessary.

Case in point: I think Ryan Mason would have stayed around as a squad option if Poch had let his heart rule over his head.

I'm not entirely sure about that. Poch seems to have a fantastic bond with guys who buy into his philosophy, but I think he can also be cut throat when necessary.

Case in point: I think Ryan Mason would have stayed around as a squad option if Poch had let his heart rule over his head.
Massive difference between Hugo and Mason though mate. Mason was a squad player, wasn't our captain and crucially he wanted to leave for a finish to get guaranteed game time. Also while Poch clearly was very fond of him, his relationship with Poch wasn't nearly as strong as Hugo's is.

Poch has often been asked about Lloris' howlers in the past couple of seasons and has constantly reaffirmed every time that he thinks he's one of the best in the world and there's no way he would even consider dropping him etc. and I genuinely think he believes what he's saying.

Only way Hugo goes is if he asks to leave, which is highly highly unlikely.

Based on what evidence?

Can someone explain to me how the first goal was on Hugo ?
As some have said.

Trippier caught with a 2 on 1 situation and didn't close down the crosser.

3 centre backs, fucking 3 of them and still Firmino gets a free header right in front of goal.

The second goal was all Hugo and as someone else said, you would expect a 15 year old playing Sunday morning football to hold on to the ball.

We all remember the Salah screw up, but forget the TAA cross-come-shot that Lloris tipped over. I've a feeling it would have gone in or hit the bar at least.

Plays tomorrow. No doubt.

We all remember the Salah screw up, but forget the TAA cross-come-shot that Lloris tipped over. I've a feeling it would have gone in or hit the bar at least.

Plays tomorrow. No doubt.
"Keeper makes a save shocker"

The biggest pish ever posted is the line "Saves us more than he lets in". That's the basic job of a goalkeeper. If he let in more than he saves, he wouldn't be a footballer.

Gazzanigga is terrible at penalties otherwise he's ok. Don't Spurs have a goalkeeping coach that can teach him to wait for it to be kicked and then dive where the ball went???
If he did that, chances are he wouldn't save the penalties as they would be past him before he could really react. In all honesty, a penalty should be a goal.

"Keeper makes a save shocker"

The biggest pish ever posted is the line "Saves us more than he lets in". That's the basic job of a goalkeeper. If he let in more than he saves, he wouldn't be a footballer.

He's our last line of defence and if he screws up, often it results in a goal.

Of course the mistake was awful. However he's saved us innumerable times as well (these tend to be forgotten or ridiculed with "keeper makes a save" straplines)

Plays tomorrow.

Was thinking about this some more today, irrespective of if he stays with us or goes, I don’t think he should be captain.

He shouldn’t have been captain after the drinking issue tbh but it’s more than that, a captain should lead by example and should be in the middle of the park where he can communicate with players constantly imo.

A keeper as captain is always a bad choice tbh.

He's our last line of defence and if he screws up, often it results in a goal.

Of course the mistake was awful. However he's saved us innumerable times as well (these tend to be forgotten or ridiculed with "keeper makes a save" straplines)

Plays tomorrow.
No they don't tend to be forgotten, it's what a keeper's basic job is. Why do you think a goalkeeper is the only player on the pitch allowed to use his hands?

Back
Top Bottom