You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts - Sign up here

Player Hugo Lloris

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Freudlyuchenko, 22 Apr 2012.

1. Claud601

It’s getting weird with him. I honestly feel better with Gazza in goal these days

• Agree x 5
  2. Clynelish

Hugo had some great saves v United and he is obviously our best goalkeeper, but we need to look at a replacement in the next few years.. I think Ajax' goalkeeper André Onana (22) is a very interesting one, very good with his feet as well.

• Agree x 2
  3. Gobbygonk

Lloris is average ATM. As pointed out he was not ready for the shot, Jermaine Jenas singled him out on MOTD, and I was shouting save it while he stood there and let it go past his "chocolate wrist". De Gea showed him up totally.....

• Agree x 1
  4. Park Lane Mark Twain

He's been on the wobble for a few years now. I was talking with my old man about him and it's incredible how hard it is to remember his last genuinely good game for us. Teams find it to easy to score against us and let's be honest, a team consisting of Lloris, Vertonghen, Alderweireld & Davinson Sanchez should no way be on what is it, 8 losses halfway through January? For me he's been our worst player this season, he's really letting us down

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  5. Guido

de Gea didn't have to sprint 40yrds back towards and across his own goal to get in position to make his save though, he was already set and only had to make small adjustments to get his angle right. There is a MASSIVE difference between the two scenarios.

Yes, Lloris was stood outside his post and he should have been a foot or two further in.

• Agree x 1
  6. Mick Cooper

time and tide wait for no man

• Agree x 1
  7. StripiestPilot

Blaming Hugo for some of those defeats is laughable, Vorm was in goal for 2 of them against Watford and Liverpool. Against City there was nothing he could have done, same against Woolwich. Our defence was horrid in both those games. Against Wolves the whole team was cack. Maybe he could have kept the clean sheet against United but of more relevance was the 11 chances we fired straight at De Gea.

Lloris is having an average season but he's still had some great performances. Inter at home in the CL, United away, Southampton at home where he stopped us from throwing the game away. We definitely need to look for our next keeper as a long term project but Lloris is just fine at the moment. He's had a complicated season for many reasons.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  8. stevee

2 great saves today.

Delighted for him.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  9. HyNdZee

There was a time when Gazzaniga was out-performing him, but I think it has evened out again in his favour.

10. stevee

BIG mistake from him tonight.

Totally indefensible.

You wouldn't expect to see that in a youth game, let alone the PL.

• Agree x 3
  11. Jamie gspurs

He really has been poor for a while now, consistently making mistakes and they always seem to be in tight matches

Great servant for this club , there is no denying that and I would be very sad to see him leave anytime soon but needs to get his focus back and quickly

12. BF3

BF3

He’s becoming more inconsistent. He plays out of his mind some games then loses it the next. He used to have 1 or 2 of these blunders in him a season. I think we are up to 4 or 5 already. I think they’ve all come in wins, though, maybe a draw in the CL. Still, let’s stop tempting fate.

• Like x 2
  13. FightingIllini

There were a couple of situations tonight where he was very conservative in coming off his line to sweep things up at the back, that's very unlike him.

14. Reidy

His starting position is so bloody inconsistent. Some times he's so deep and then rushes out fully mental, other times he's in a decent position but freezes like a rabbit in the headlights. I hope just because of who he is. Toni doesn't feel he can't pull him aside and show him where he could improve.

• Like x 1
  15. Jenny Talia

He has dropped a couple of huge rickets rushing out of his box. Maybe that has made him more cautious.

• Agree x 1
  16. Five

Supporter

He's becoming our answer to Mignolet.

• Disagree x 1
  17. Reidy

As long as he doesn't become our answer to Stephan Postma.

18. mikes01666

Clearly rubbish today!

Any of the haters care to comment?

Once again, he's a world class keeper with three to five years left in his prime (with us hopefully)

• Agree x 2
  19. CroSpurs

Haters lol

Haven't seen you here when he makes mistakes. He's still 1st choice, but he's not on his prime anymore, sadly.

• Disagree x 2
  20. mikes01666

Check your facts. I criticised him after the Barca screw up.

Keepers come into their prime in their early-mid thirties. He's 32

• Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted
If you see people ruining threads with off-topic discussion, arguing or personal abuse, use the 'Foul' link at the bottom of their post to vote for them to be sent off. More info