Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Every now and then , as is unfortunate for all goalkeepers, he makes what's probably only a mistake 1 out of day 50 times where he plays his role for us well.

Because of that I even have found myself frustrated with him. Not to the point of replacing him , but he worries me a little with some passing decisions.

But my word, I'm so proud and humbled to have such a class act captaining us and his now World Cup winning team. Love that he mentions us in his national interviews when he doesn't have too. He's been vocal since day one in respecting Pochettino and wanting to be part of this project.

A lot of us can be quick to jump on players who are mercenaries , rightly so, but let's laud and treasure this class act and his want to be here. Whatever people want to say about us we ARE winning some things. Ok , not silverware.
But if you don't walk into matchdays whether that's at a pub or the stadium , with your heads high knowing other clubs, even those winnning silverware ARE envious of us. I want some titles as much as anyone but damn I'm proud to support us at the moment.

Only the most pathetic and ignorant of rival fans have nothing but praise for us as much as it allows them. I'll take that victory as opposed to being laughed at for years when it hurt because it was true.

I think to the rest of the footballing world his words have just further embedded we're not trying to be a flash in the pan and Tottenham Hotspur are f****g back on our own terms. Newer fans can do what they want and Sky Sports can make of it what they want for sheeps to make their own minds. I'll feel the true feeling of happiness, justice and majesty if we win something with this bunch who've reunited a whole area of London

Hope Chelsea go into admin and get relegated!

Last edited:
Sun reporting RM are coming for Hugo.

Window in full gear.:llorishuh:
Assuming there was truth to it, they think he's worth £60m. Seeing as Liverpool have just pushed the bar to £70m for a keeper who has played 95 mens football games, you would have thought that a World Cup winning Captain in his prime 'keeping years, with over 600 Snr games to his name is worth double that.

But one expects this as a hurry up call to get Courtois over the line.

Last edited:
I think this stinks of The Sun not wanting, or being prepared to let the Courtois deal just happen, WITHOUT throwing some extra spice into the mix.
Courtois has Real Madrid written all over him, and he's a good deal younger than Lloris... the deal WILL happen, just not straight away... (Real have 2 more weeks than we do, remember!)
But until the Courtois deal is done, there are column inches to fill, and papers to sell... so why not mess with our minds for a few extra days and give us a few sleepless nights... like it's not hard enough to sleep already in this heat!

I think the Sun dislike Spurs, so take great pleasure in toying with us Spurs fans... they hate us just slightly less than Liverpool fans hate them!

Every now and then , as is unfortunate for all goalkeepers, he makes what's probably only a mistake 1 out of day 50 times where he plays his role for us well.

Because of that I even have found myself frustrated with him. Not to the point of replacing him , but he worries me a little with some passing decisions.

This pretty much sums it up. It isn't quite like Karius level, because often the mistake is due to a bad back-pass and good pressing, or at least you can see why the mistake happened without concussion. But there are sometimes, especially with coming out as a sweeper, or even being behind his line when the ball is close to the goal, and it happens more than once over the period of a season. I think it is good to highlight it because that is how the best like De Gea have improved. It's not that I would switch Lloris and I am glad our captain won the World Cup, it is just that I hope there is progression with that achievement as the mistake in the final was not an ideal way to win it (although still deserved because of overall contribution throughout the years).

Back
Top Bottom