Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris tried to catch them on the break, failed and paid a heavy price, any other keeper on any other team would probably have held unto the ball for as long as possible to get the draw...

Very good point regarding catching them on the counter. We could have played out a draw but we went for it like we always should and unfortunately it didn't work out and their ruthless players punished us. A day later and with a week and a half left of the window, we should stay positive as the team will need it throughout the season.

Chins up today lads, we're all in this together

A lot of Hugo's errors are when a shot is straight at him and he doesn't have enough time to get his body behind the ball. See Ayoze Perez a couple years ago at the lane and there was another goal last season which was very simialar but the game escapes me.

I think in these situations he needs to attack the ball rather than getting behind it, at least if he's moving forward, that forward force should parry the ball away from goal rather than it squeezing through him. Yesterday he definitely should of stayed big and got his feet through that Alonso shot Peter Schmeichel style. I guess hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Apart from that and maybe his kicking, he's a fantastic keeper and we're lucky to have him. It's a shame his error had to come yesterday.

It was a basic error with the throw, at every level you are taught as a keeper to never throw the ball down the centre, let alone loop it! Always throw it with width mind.

As for not saving it, he has had a mare, simple as.

Perhaps it is not the club but lloris that has a problem with Wembley looking at these stats.
Not for me mate. I can't believe the abuse this man is currently getting from fans. He's single handedly won us many, many points in the past, we conceded the fewest goals in the league for almost two straight seasons, he missed out on the Golden Glove last year by one goal, yet sense that people are chucking him under a bus.

Not for me mate. I can't believe the abuse this man is currently getting from fans. He's single handedly won us many, many points in the past, we conceded the fewest goals in the league for almost two straight seasons, he missed out on the Golden Glove last year by one goal, yet sense that people are chucking him under a bus.
I adore Lloris, and I don't like the OTT criticism of him in the fallout from yesterday...

But when it comes to number of goals conceded/being in the running for the golden glove, the defence in front of the keeper is also largely to thank for that.

If I recall correctly, Gomes once conceded the fewest home goals in the league one season - which Ledley King undoubtedly played a large part in.

No doubt about it, he was at fault yesterday but I'm afraid finding a goalkeeper that doesn't make a mistake is and always has been impossible.
He doesn't make many mistakes and has kept us in many a game. He won't let this affect him and carry on being one of if not the best keeper in the league.

The whole problem came from Vanyama losing the ball just outside the box. Yes, the ball went under lloris' body. A bit of a lucky shot from Alonso to be honest. Didn't expect it to go in, but it did.

We played well but the chavs were that littlle bit better organised than us. True, we should have tried to hang on to the draw, but the lads wanted to win. What's wrong with that?

Lloris is one of the best in Europe. If you look around a bit, It would be fcuking to find another one as good as him.

Lesson learnt, I hope. Let's move on!

The whole problem came from Vanyama losing the ball just outside the box. Yes, the ball went under lloris' body. A bit of a lucky shot from Alonso to be honest. Didn't expect it to go in, but it did.

We played well but the chavs were that littlle bit better organised than us. True, we should have tried to hang on to the draw, but the lads wanted to win. What's wrong with that?

Lloris is one of the best in Europe. If you look around a bit, It would be fcuking to find another one as good as him.

Pardon??? Where did I say He shouldn't have thrown it out?? I was actually willing them forward as we were on top.

I mentioned Lloris should
Have saved it and he should nothing more nothing less.

Beat palace , Lloris saves the day, all this forgotten. A goalkeeper always looks ordinary when exposed. Llorus was left open and maybe could have done better. As a team we fucked up , as a team take the blame incl Poch and as a team put it right and that again includes Poch.

I adore Lloris, and I don't like the OTT criticism of him in the fallout from yesterday...

But when it comes to number of goals conceded/being in the running for the golden glove, the defence in front of the keeper is also largely to thank for that.

If I recall correctly, Gomes once conceded the fewest home goals in the league one season - which Ledley King undoubtedly played a large part in.
Of cause but same can be argued with Striker with players behind him. Two completions I hate quite frankly, but unavoidable not to comment on in when talking about 'keepers.

Considering Spurs were clearly the better squad most of the afternoon, there was absolutely nothing wrong w/ them going after the 3 points with all the momentum in their favor. Just terribly unlucky in the end. Wanyama giving the ball away and not tracking Alonso was really tough on the eyes. I'm sure he was gassed, but needs to go 100% after that terrible giveaway

Back
Top Bottom