Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't see why it matters to be honest, United and City are probably closer to being 'elite' clubs than us but we've finished above them two years in a row. I would say the elite clubs in world football right now are Barca, Real, Juve and Bayern. These are the teams that have a real chance of winning the Champions League with huge European pedigree and consistently are challenging for their league titles.

Utd are closer in terms of their collosal history, and even last season was a great achievement. However, that Utd team would be just another Anderlecht level side in the CL.

City are not elite. They have money, but no pedigree, ethos or recognisable style of play. They have spent billions over a decade and won two titles, yet before that, they hadnt won the league since 1968.
Only one Euro trophy to our three, and less FA Cups.

It seems like everyone else's history counts, but not when it comes to Spurs.
2 PL titles and making it once out of the CL group stage at three or four attempts, only to get knocked out in the last 16. How is that even nearly elite?

Last edited:
DEwg6PiUwAAKseZ.jpg

Hugo Lloris on the future of Tottenham

"...I believe in the project and even more in Mauricio Pochettino because he is one of the best managers in the world. I understand completely his football and we have the same philosophy. We share the same value in football."

Lloris drank the Kool-Aid

:pochsmirk:
The disrespect shown by some of those questions. The guy hosting, saying we "there isn't enough grit in the Tottenham dressing room" what fucking team has he been watching past two seasons? Hislop, "your one of the top 5 goalkeepers in the World, yet you are at Spurs"......Fuck Off right thier you cunt.

Love Lloris, always listening to him you appreciate why he is our Captain, he gets what the manager wants and enforces it all the time.

Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 I agree. A lot of their questions, both to Lloris and Poch, just seemed like ESPN is copying the same bullshit narratives that Sky Sports writes about us. Honestly, they should give more credit to their audience; a lot of Premiere League fans in the states are neutrals and Tottenham have earned a lot of respect the past couple seasons.

Whatever. Lloris and Poch keep it classy as usual.

:llorishowudoin: :pochlol:

Hislop, "your one of the top 5 goalkeepers in the World, yet you are at Spurs"......Fuck Off right thier you cunt.
I understand, but I think you may be reading his intentions wrong.

Hislop was actually extremely complimentary toward us last season. He's a massive fan of what we're doing right now and in his "Power Rankings" he rated us as highly as the sixth best side in world football last season. That wasn't "Money League" either, it was on quality.

I understand, but I think you may be reading his intentions wrong.

Hislop was actually extremely complimentary toward us last season. He's a massive fan of what we're doing right now and in his "Power Rankings" he rated us as highly as the sixth best side in world football last season. That wasn't "Money League" either, it was on quality.
So why phrase the question the way he did? In fact, if he believes that's how good Spurs are then why even ask the question at all? Does he pose this question to any of the other top 5 keepers in the World? If he has, then I take it back.

So why phrase the question the way he did? In fact, if he believes that's how good Spurs are then why even ask the question at all? Does he pose this question to any of the other top 5 keepers in the World? If he has, then I take it back.
orders from up top perhaps? Not sure how much free hand these guys get to structure their shows. Have to be a bunch of producers involved in calling the shots

Never noticed before..... Just me or does having his name on his gloves make him look a bit 'special'....?
LOL

Never noticed before..... Just me or does having his name on his gloves make him look a bit 'special'....?
LOL

Goalkeepers are supposed to be a bit special..

Having his name on his gloves make sure that everyone knows it's Hugo gloves. Only his. Hugo's gloves. Because it says Hugo!!

Need to start looking for a long term replacement. 31 this year and his form is slowly getting worse. He's still good, but I no longer think he's one of the best in the world.

for sure. the goal today was similar to the goal toldo let in in the euro final. he would also have saved it had he used his feet. I think when the shots are so close it's extremely difficult for the goalkeeper. in a fraction of a second the mind has to decide how to save it. i think you can't be too harsh on him for that

Back
Top Bottom