Huddersfield (H) 03Mar - 15:00KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bit late on my take in the game but here goes...

Crowd/tickets:

All a bit strange. Like a poster above I thought this was looking like 75000/80000 going by the available seats left - I’m a bronze member and left it late before getting tickets for me and my boys.

Lots of tourists and possible first timers. Feel a bit conflicted over this as we can all see our fan base growing (at the expense of our nearest and dearest neighbours). However, as my 14 year old pointed out (he was apoplectic) there were so many people up and down throughout the whole match (late in; early for HT; hotdogs; merchandise; sweets; leaving early - gone by 70 minutes FFS)...

All led to a slightly flat atmosphere.

On the pitch:

Routine - in a very heartwarming way. I’ve been going to Spurs for the best part of 40 years and have rarely known us to do ‘routine’ - in an assured, comfortable in our own skin, confident and business as usual sense. And it felt great.

No poor performers. Sonny the undoubted MoM. Big shout to the unflappale centre halves; Dier (who must be knackered and running on adrenaline) ; Dele who looks to be leaving his early season funk behind; and Kane (whose hard work can only be appreciated watching him live).

Lastly: given our ascent and the now ‘routine’ nature of games like this I’d like us (the fans) to match our squad and manager by staying classy. No need for Gooner-style meltdowns; no need to single out individual players for ad hominem attacks (who we all know aren’t quite good enough) - keep giving them our support.

Enjoy games like today’s. Wednesday night won’t be anywhere as ‘routine’ as today. I’m nervous now on Sunday morning. Fuck knows what I’ll be like by kick off. I know I want to be part of a glory glory night shared with and inspired by the players, the manager and the fans...

COYS

I think Wembley we were always going to expect a lot of tourists, as a lot of people have held onto ST with no intentions of going to games, and just flogging the tickets on twitter, I’m hoping it will be a lot better at the NWHL!

snowing when I got past Swindon and thought I’d have to spend the night in the car :pochshock2:

Hi Chuckle - I'm working in Oxford on Weds and need to drive in from the west and park up somewhere sensible, not something I've done before. Is Uxbridge tube a sensible option?
Hillingdon station is a better option. Just off the A40, decent parking, and Met line to Wembley Park.

Absolutely loved a sat 3pm kick off again, it seems like ages since we had one but this is when all games should be played, a proper day out.
The game itself was just a formality and hard to get over excited about. I love the edge of your seat classics, we are so good now a win is expected, and it's often a just a case of how many will we win by.
A comfortable win without breaking sweat. Just what we needed before the big one against Juve.

snowing when I got past Swindon and thought I’d have to spend the night in the car :pochshock2:

Hi Chuckle - I'm working in Oxford on Weds and need to drive in from the west and park up somewhere sensible, not something I've done before. Is Uxbridge tube a sensible option?
Go down the M40, and get on the metropolitan line at either Ickenham or Hillingdon. Uxbridge is just the same. Depends on whether you like spending more time on the tube or in your car! :)

Absolutely loved a sat 3pm kick off again, it seems like ages since we had one but this is when all games should be played, a proper day out.
The game itself was just a formality and hard to get over excited about. I love the edge of your seat classics, we are so good now a win is expected, and it's often a just a case of how many will we win by.
A comfortable win without breaking sweat. Just what we needed before the big one against Juve.

Last 3pm we'll have for the rest of the season, at Wembley anyway.

Bit late on my take in the game but here goes...

Crowd/tickets:

All a bit strange. Like a poster above I thought this was looking like 75000/80000 going by the available seats left - I’m a bronze member and left it late before getting tickets for me and my boys.

Lots of tourists and possible first timers. Feel a bit conflicted over this as we can all see our fan base growing (at the expense of our nearest and dearest neighbours). However, as my 14 year old pointed out (he was apoplectic) there were so many people up and down throughout the whole match (late in; early for HT; hotdogs; merchandise; sweets; leaving early - gone by 70 minutes FFS)...

All led to a slightly flat atmosphere.

On the pitch:

Routine - in a very heartwarming way. I’ve been going to Spurs for the best part of 40 years and have rarely known us to do ‘routine’ - in an assured, comfortable in our own skin, confident and business as usual sense. And it felt great.

No poor performers. Sonny the undoubted MoM. Big shout to the unflappale centre halves; Dier (who must be knackered and running on adrenaline) ; Dele who looks to be leaving his early season funk behind; and Kane (whose hard work can only be appreciated watching him live).

Lastly: given our ascent and the now ‘routine’ nature of games like this I’d like us (the fans) to match our squad and manager by staying classy. No need for Gooner-style meltdowns; no need to single out individual players for ad hominem attacks (who we all know aren’t quite good enough) - keep giving them our support.

Enjoy games like today’s. Wednesday night won’t be anywhere as ‘routine’ as today. I’m nervous now on Sunday morning. Fuck knows what I’ll be like by kick off. I know I want to be part of a glory glory night shared with and inspired by the players, the manager and the fans...

COYS
Agree with all your post, particularly the bit about the game being 'routine'. Not something we have ever really had that I can remember. That feeling of comfort that the game is well under control and we are just getting it all done comfortably. I turned to my mate at one point and said, "it could have been more but we were almost too in control". The players just look head and shoulders above the opposition at times. A very strange feeling indeed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom