How will the league develop this season ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Borodin55

Carpe Diem
I think this year for the first few weeks it's going to be like the start of the Grand National with lots of contenders at the top of the table jockeying for position. The likes of Woolwich, Man Utd, Everton and Wolves will mix it up with ourselves, City and Liverpool for top six places.
Towards the end of the year I see Spurs and the top two from last season gradually pulling away from the pack and the chase developing into a three horse race. This will become even clearer after the hectic Christmas period. I think City will head the field but it will be a close call between us and Klopp's crowd.
After third it will be a real dog fight for fourth with about six teams battling it out for that elusive CPL spot. I'm going to go for Man Utd to eventually nick it with Woolwich and Everton close behind.
Going down will be Newcastle, Watford and Sheff Utd.
Top three....City, Spurs, and Liverpool ....in that order :thumbup:
So how do you see it turn out ?

Not sure how the league will turn out,but with a trophy thrown in I'd take your top 3. Due to Man u drawing last night,we only have Liverpool and Woolwich who can do our 11straight wins record from 60/61. I know it is going to being equalled/beaten at some point,but I would love it to go another year and reach 60 years unbeaten.

I think City will dominate until Christmas, mercilessly destroying teams as we saw with WHU on day one. Liverpool meanwhile will tumble a few times, but continue to squeak out results most of the time but are more part of the scramble for Champions League before Christmas rather than going close to City. We will look good going forward but be leaky at the back, but continue to pick up wins and be in second place at Christmas. Woolwich have picked up some good form and Chelsea are way off the pace going into the new year, just clinging on to 6th. United have been impressive but lack a cutting edge, still in top 4 come Christmas but are swapping places constantly with Woolwich.

City look like they are going into a dodgy patch around Christmas, while Liverpool start to pick up a head of steam but City turn it around and run away with the title by a fair margin. We meanwhile fell off in Feb/March once it seemed the title was out of reach and focused on other competitions, meaning we finish 3rd. Chelsea went on a good run towards the back end of the season but eventually finish 6th, United are JUST beaten to 4th by Woolwich.

I think it’ll be City and Liverpool duking it out again with a big gap to everybody else. We will be in a dogfight for top 4 as usual.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom