How old is our current logo?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So I was watching an old English kids programme last night called 'Grange Hill'. During the episode one of the actors was holding a Spurs school bag. I noticed our logo but, this episode is from January, 1983,

AS7P4eC.png

bPXFi07.png

MzPLtdp.png

I like the current logo the best, just wish they had the THFC symbol inside the ball.

The older logos always look a bit gaudy and over the top.

Our current logo is already 12 years old and I reckon it's time for a change. Something like Juve's logo would be nice:

juventus-logo-design-graphics-football_heroc-852x479.jpg
Not sure I agree with this mate. I love Juventus' new identity (from a graphic design perspective) and am surprised it received such a lukewarm reception. But I actually think they followed our lead in creating what you might describe as a lifestyle-type brand rather than a purely sports brand.

Our simple monochrome design is perfect, in my opinion. Hard to see how to simplify it too much further without replacing the cockerel.

Not sure I agree with this mate. I love Juventus' new identity (from a graphic design perspective) and am surprised it received such a lukewarm reception. But I actually think they followed our lead in creating what you might describe as a lifestyle-type brand rather than a purely sports brand.

Our simple monochrome design is perfect, in my opinion. Hard to see how to simplify it too much further without replacing the cockerel.
This. Our current logo is slick and easy to identify without dating it or making it location specific (West Ham's curent logo adding "london" for example).

Juventus new badge and corporate logo may be great from a design perspective but they've completely ditched the entire heritage of the club. No bull, no reference to FIAT. The Drughi hate it.

Bloody hell no midweek game and the “How old is our logo?” thread becomes top discussion

Go outside you idiots there is nothing to talk about!!

Juventus new badge and corporate logo may be great from a design perspective but they've completely ditched the entire heritage of the club. No bull, no reference to FIAT. The Drughi hate it.
I totally understand and, if I were a Juve fan, I'd probably be disappointed. But, the point I was trying to make (maybe not very well ;)) was that we have the on-trend minimalism (which I like as a general design style) and we have the heritage elements.

Unlike so many other clubs' badges, we remain immediately identifiable even if you remove our name.

Not sure I agree with this mate. I love Juventus' new identity (from a graphic design perspective) and am surprised it received such a lukewarm reception.
It's one of the worst changes I've ever seen (in the same league with Leeds' criminal new logo) and I was obviously joking, our current logo is nearly perfect as far as I am concerned.

Remember the current logo getting a battering when it was released for being a Chirpy on top of a beachball etc. Guess we all got used to it now?!

Remember the current logo getting a battering when it was released for being a Chirpy on top of a beachball etc. Guess we all got used to it now?!
Most rebrands are met with skepticism in part because they're so emotionally invested the old one. The F1 rebrand (which, again, I think is fantastic) is a good example.

People seem to assume a logo is born iconic. It isn't, it needs time to establish itself.

Back
Top Bottom