How can Howard Webb play for united and city in one season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: How can Howard Webb play for united and city in one seas

It's rare that I don't think Webb has been a twat but I can understand why he didn't see the stamp, even though it looks like a stamp. I think it was one, but today just feels like the narrowest of margins that just didn't go our way.

I thought he was excellent throughout. Kept things flowing, didn't blow for everything, booked who he should have.

As for the stamp, you may think it was deliberate, I don't. Nobody knows except Balotelli, so how can we expect Webb to know?

We lost today because City were slightly better and more clinical than us. Nothing to do with the ref.

S.L.R said:
It's rare that I don't think Webb has been a twat but I can understand why he didn't see the stamp, even though it looks like a stamp. I think it was one, but today just feels like the narrowest of margins that just didn't go our way.

G neville made a good point about the stamp, if Webb saw it Balotelli goes, if he didn't then it's subject to retrospective punishment. Don't help us I know but we can expect to see
Something done about it.,..

And anyway let's not fall into this trap of crying about the ref, were better than that aren't we

Take it as what it is, superb game of football between the two best sides in the premiership that very narrowly lost.

Not convinced on the stamp, to be honest. Balotelli was tumbling over when it happened, looked just as likely that he was just trying to regain his footing.

...don't kid yourself, it was a stamp!

Webb not seeing it is another matter... and Balotelli getting banned over it is so far detached from our season it's not true... (unless they go on a barren run, lose all 3 games in that time, and we make up 9 points on them.. but come on, realism here!)

VirginiaSpur said:
Not convinced on the stamp, to be honest. Balotelli was tumbling over when it happened, looked just as likely that he was just trying to regain his footing.

this.

If you've ever played footy you know when your falling over trying to regain balance your feet can go anywhere, as soon as he felt contact he went completely the other way

if he'd intentionally done it he'd of fucked Scotty up for sure and opened his face up, there wasn't even a scratch

so quit the kneejerk reactions

If you look at the replays i think it looks like Webb is following the action on the ball - just as the TV camera did. He may have seen Parker fall to the floor and Balotelli stumble out the corner of his eye, but I doubt he was looking right at it to make a decision. The ref should be watching the play.

Sibs said:
If you look at the replays i think it looks like Webb is following the action on the ball - just as the TV camera did. He may have seen Parker fall to the floor and Balotelli stumble out the corner of his eye, but I doubt he was looking right at it to make a decision. The ref should be watching the play.

Having watched it in the flesh, I'd say this is almost certainly the case. It doesn't make it right - but these are the circumstances.

^^ as evidenced by the debate on here between those who say it was a stamp and those who say it wasn't. I think it's a definite stamp because Balotelli's fall is going in the opposite direction, so the way he pushes his leg down onto Parker is getting a dig in. But if people can't all agree with the benefit of endless replays then I can't blame Webb too much for not calling the stamp at the time.

it was a stamp, look at the cunts face after when he's realised he's got away with it, and the city players calming him down, ref saw it and bottled it, same as he saw lescotts elbow, he knew both were reds and so ignored them. simple as.

Married to united and fucking city on the side?

But I don't think he was that bad today, maybe just a little myopic when it counted :vdv:

the elbow was more obvious than the stamp but neither were conclusive in the moment.

overall Webb was good today

It was a stamp. I actually called it in real time. Was screaming at the tv and my mate didn't know why until they showed a replay. How we remained on the pitch is beyond me. The only reason he didn't do more damage is because he wasn't looking exactly where he was stabling and scotty is hard as nails.
What I don't get is why he did it. No one had fouled him or even wound him up. I know we love his banter but the guy is a fucking psychopath I'm sure

Didnt Mister Webb only booked De Jong for his Jackie Chan kick at Alonso in the WC Final?

So with that as a precedent maybe he did see it and thought it just wasnt dirty enough - now maybe if it had taken Parker's eye out ......

I am sure Webb is not so arrogant or stupid to admit he has seen that and just waved it all on.

What makes it worse is Balotelli doing the "whoops did i catch you or something ....sorry gov" routine afterwards and then walking off the picture smirking away with Ageuro or the inbred Nasri

NO1JIB said:
it was a stamp, look at the cunts face after when he's realised he's got away with it, and the city players calming him down, ref saw it and bottled it, same as he saw lescotts elbow, he knew both were reds and so ignored them. simple as.
That's a ridiculous statement.

Back
Top Bottom