Home to Middlesbrough. 4th Feb, 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucking nerve racking. If Son would have put that away early on, different game. Can't fault the effort and as Souness said about Chavs before I went out, a sign of a good team is one that grinds out results when not at their best.
We have just drawn more than them.
Gooners lost, Liverpool lost, We won. All I need now is Swansea to do the un thought of and Man U to do what they should and £3, 700 is mine.
Yids.

That was a bloody brilliant win for me. Ugly. Difficult. Awkward. Horrible opponents playing anti football. Key injuries for us. But fuck it we won. I was expecting 0-0 or 0-1 just before we scored. A beautiful ugly win. Fuck the Arse and all Scousers. I'm happy and just off to do my pre match post match. COYS!!!!

One of the things I love most about this team is when Wanyama is in a 50/50 physical duel.... You don't even have to watch it to know he'll come out with the ball. Same with Dembele.

One of the things I love most about this team is when Wanyama is in a 50/50 physical duel.... You don't even have to watch it to know he'll come out with the ball. Same with Dembele.

Crucial to us.

Wish they'd play the ball quicker at times though.

So now with 50 points after 24 games. That is bloody brilliant, and over a season it would put us near 80 points.
We keep getting small injuries, but keep our heads pretty cool.

Tough game today, but we're standing tall. Move on, take the three points, get players back fit and keep going.

COYS!

Decent performance, but we need to be a lot more clinical in the final third. Certain players were too selfish and took way to long before making a decision. Defensively we were solid though, which was a big improvement upon the Sunderland match.

OK, so maybe it was a bit more
scratchy-the-cat.jpg
than it needed to be... stats alone (for what they're worth) would tell you we walked this... but the result suggests otherwise. But I care not one Nun's tit!

3 points are 3 points. ...and at this stage of the season (especially with the Arse & Liverpool both dropping 3 today)... it really doesn't matter how we come by them!

Liverpool next week will be wounded and cliched... we need to impose ourselves on them... we've got the measure of pretty much every tea in this league.
It just depends on whether we decide to show up.

Heartened by today's result... and the performance probably deserved more than just the 1 penalty goal!
But that still earns you as many points as Everton scoring 6, or Sunderland scoring 4... and our GD is just fine at the moment, so thumping teams isn't a necessity right now.

Fuck them. Fuck them all. Excuse me for trying to be positive among the pathetic moaning from a load of armchair cunts who don't go to games. We won FFS. And it all looked very tricky at one stage.

Ok, ok. Jesus. I think you'll find I'm positive too. I simply pointed out the obvious. There's no need to be complacent against Liverpool because we'll probably be 3rd if we don't do the business up there.

Good to have Son on form with Rose out, he fills that left attack nicely.

Jansen seems to have become a 25 mill run down the clock man :(

Think we should revert to back 4 against liverpool.

Happy about the win, enjoyed the results, but need to take advantage of Liverpool next weekend. They will be stronger, when they get more rest. Their problem at the moment is tired legs after a huge amount of games in December and January.

They will want to hit back badly. It will be a cracker of a game..

How many chances did Son waste today? I mean seriously all he did was pointlessly running up and down the pitch like a headless monkey. He isn't good enough to play in top league. Maybe zoo is a perfect place for him to play, kicking the coconut not the soccer ball.

How many chances did Son waste today? I mean seriously all he did was pointlessly running up and down the pitch like a headless monkey. He isn't good enough to play in top league. Maybe zoo is a perfect place for him to play, kicking the coconut not the soccer ball.

You mean Heung Min Son, who won us the penalty?
He is a frustrating player and wastes a few chances, but come up with the goods in games.

Back
Top Bottom