Home to Middlesbrough. 4th Feb, 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People are actually melting on here.
Why am I surprised?

3 needed points in the bag, folks.
I'm not complaining.....
I'm not melting. I'm absolutely thrilled for the three points. Ultimately it doesn't matter where the points come from.

But that was pretty sloppy. Pochettino knocking himself on the head was telling.

People are actually melting on here.
Why am I surprised?

3 needed points in the bag, folks.
I'm not complaining.....
Who is? Can't be arsed going back through the thread.

Fact- if teams like Boro let us play they get thrashed. So they set up to stifle us. Of course they will because they need to nick points here & there to keep in with a shout of survival- & ive no doubt Boro will survive. . We still tore them a new one tonight. Missed a few (!) chances but we absolutely dominated that game apart from a couple of nervy minutes near the end. Are you NOT entertained? Even the egg chasers got into the game after the rugby finished. It was a good game & we deservedly got the 3 points.

Now for the Dippers...

There's a bloke at my club with cerebral palsy and he genuinely has a better touch than what some of our players did today. It was bizarre, like they'd never played football before.

That is a poor stat tbh

I think it's also a bit misleading - Sunderland Boro both defended for their lives so a lot of our shots were blocked or wild strikes from distance. It's better to shoot than to hold on to the ball too long.

The next time we face a team who are going to sit back and can actually defend well is Burnley and that's the 1st of April.

I wish this forum had a "dumb" rating....
Look man. I've been at work all day. I missed the entire game apart from the last 25 minutes or so when I just sat down for a late lunch. And it was cringeworthy. Whatever you guys saw that was so beautiful in the first half I missed entirely. I just got to watch our boys trip over each other for an odd 30 minutes and Pochettino about blow a gasket.

One penalty against two sides in a relegation fight doesn't fill me with confidence over our form, that's all.

I quite like this stat on the other hand:

I thoroughly enjoyed that, great game.

We were wasteful where it mattered but we played some fantastic football nevertheless. Boro were great I thought, defended fantastically and tried to play more expansive stuff where they could. Full marks to Traore and Valdes. Rather they stayed up than Fairytale FC.

I really enjoyed Wanyama's and Dembele's work, Son was a constant thorn in their side (despite being frustratingly wasteful), and our makeshift back four looked anything but makeshift, Dier especially. Kane was probably our weakest player but his penalty makes all that fine.

3 points clear of Plumstead, 4 clear of Liverpool. Great Saturday

Yids Yids Yids

we are showing great resilience, keeping the points coming despite Mike Dean Mike Dean being out
COYS
Mark's done a good job today. Will send a bottle his way

TqC82jU.jpg

Can't wait for my next Spurs game though, now that i'm back in business

Back
Top Bottom