Home to Middlesbrough. 4th Feb, 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I may get slated for this, but I'd rather see a Chelsea win than an Woolwich win. Realistically, I can't see anyone catching Chelsea, they have to lose 9 points which we then have to win, and not lose again.

If we beat Boro and Woolwoch loose then we open up a gap. Top 4 is still a tremendous achievement in my view considering our inconsistency over recent years.

The more often we finish in the top 4, the more money, the higher calibur player we attract.
I can understand were your coming from mate but personally I would prefer a draw in the battle of the scum. We need to fight to the end for the league. Top four will come with that. To quote a great man: “It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory.”

To summarise mate don't worry about the gooners. We will sort them out in the last NLD. I also think as they come closer to the end of the season they will experience a lot of unrest with their joke of a fan Base as well as turmoil caused by Ozil/sanchez not signing up and Wengers contact situation. This will put a lot of pressure on their team which I think they will struggle to deal with.

I may get slated for this, but I'd rather see a Chelsea win than an Woolwich win. Realistically, I can't see anyone catching Chelsea, they have to lose 9 points which we then have to win, and not lose again.

If we beat Boro and Woolwoch loose then we open up a gap. Top 4 is still a tremendous achievement in my view considering our inconsistency over recent years.

The more often we finish in the top 4, the more money, the higher calibur player we attract.
Agreed. As far as i'm concerned - the league is over. Opening that gap within the top 4 is the priority now.

I would rather us win the PL. lets not look too far ahead, one game at a time. Monday morning will be a different day and a different outlook. Chelsea actually slipped up last night as much as we did so maybe the pressure is starting to show. We will reap the benefits of out experiences from last season and finish strong. Costa is tarnished goods now and questions will be asked, if he stops scoring, he did miss a pen. We need to stay positive and keep up beat.

Last edited:
We have improved under Poch for every year he has been here. If we can consolidate our place as top 4 regulars, we'll be doing amazingly well considering our budgetary constraints and with the new stadium on the horizon.

Amazing stat. But as we all know after last night the league has gone, Poch has lost it, we need more creative midfielders, a new left-back and a striker.

Hopefully the extra day of rest will help Rose, but I doubt he plays. Dembele may get a rest as well given his usage in the FA cup and the beating he took last night.

Walker-Toby-Wimmer-Davies
Winks-Wanyama
Eriksen-Alli-Sissoko
Kane​

Think we will be resting players that have played both the matches this week. Son & Dier to the bench. Doubt Rose will be fit and Dembele never seems able to play 2 matches a week
Lloris,
Walker, Toby, Wimmer Davies
Winks, Wanyama
Eriksen, Alli, Sissoko
Kane
Could be Janssen instead of Sissoko and Son comes on 2nd half if needed.

Should be strong enough to win

Back
Top Bottom