Home Opener (vs. Stoke), 15 Aug, 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mason, also unexperienced

Losing Kane and then Mason turned the game in their favour.

Chadli is also not worth a fuck but the only other regular scoring midfielder we have bar Eriksen.

I would have had Carroll come on for Kane and kept Dembele out on the right.

We never lost 2points because of our transfer policy. It wasn't MP's subs.

And if Lamela would have started on the right nobody would have moaned.

It was circumstance that led to the team changing.

Mason is 24, that's old, ask SchmoodSpur2013 SchmoodSpur2013 . ;-)

It would do as we had no good options once they were off AND, bear in mind we knew they weren't 100% fit before the game (weeks ago).

So he's worth a fuck for goals, could be worse, like a lot of our squad.

Carroll - lol

Baffling, both are directly related, there aren't the quality options we need. We have one unfit striker. Maybe the game would've still been a draw, big maybe.

Some would, especially if he'd played like that.

Circumstances are what the club are supposed to plan for. You can't plan for them all but if you have one striker and a lack of fitness, form and limited experience across midfield and attack then you're asking for trouble from tiredness in a game, one knock, one illness, one family bereavement or one red card....a high enough percentage that one would happen.

Mason is 24, that's old, ask SchmoodSpur2013 SchmoodSpur2013 . ;-)

It would do as we had no good options once they were off AND, bear in mind we knew they weren't 100% fit before the game (weeks ago).

So he's worth a fuck for goals, could be worse, like a lot of our squad.

Carroll - lol

Baffling, both are directly related, there aren't the quality options we need. We have one unfit striker. Maybe the game would've still been a draw, big maybe.

Some would, especially if he'd played like that.

Circumstances are what the club are supposed to plan for. You can't plan for them all but if you have one striker and a lack of fitness, form and limited experience across midfield and attack then you're asking for trouble from tiredness in a game, one knock, one illness, one family bereavement or one red card....a high enough percentage that one would happen.
Yea, that's it. Just make shit up if you know you've lost.

I didn't say 24 was old, I said it wasn't young as you suggested. There is a difference.

what's with the lamela hate?. he is crap , we know that but we blew up a 2 goal lead. HOW did that happen? . Where is lamela's direct involvement in us conceding.. Explain...

You seriously need this explained? Did you not see the game?

He gave away possession as easily as he's always done, pretty much every time he was on the ball. Made free kicks pretty much every time he tackled. Could've just as well not been defending at all, as he does it so poorly. At times he wasn't even there, Walker shouted at him at least once, points out that he (Walker) was alone against three. Both concerned goals came from our right side, as did all their other dangerous attacks.

Funnily enough, seeing as we were subbing our ONLY striker (and at 2-0 up) assuming Lamela was always gonna be Kane's replacement, would it have been so hard to imagine bringing WIMMER on when Mason came off (instead of Bentaleb) and pushing Toby into the holding midfield...? at least we'd have had 4 CD on the pitch!! We may not have scored a 3rd, seeing as all our creative/attacking spark went off with Kane, but we certainly would've looked more solid in the middle with Toby & Dier, and put us in a stronger position to just see the game out!

'twas just a thought... with my Monday Morning Hindsight Manager head on!!

You seriously need this explained? Did you not see the game?

He gave away possession as easily as he's always done, pretty much every time he was on the ball. Made free kicks pretty much every time he tackled. Could've just as well not been defending at all, as he does it so poorly. At times he wasn't even there, Walker shouted at him at least once, points out that he (Walker) was alone against three. Both concerned goals came from our right side, as did all their other dangerous attacks.

It doesnt take that many words:

Ill break it down for Triffic.

Good player comes off when team are in control and cruising for an hour, 2-0 up.

Shit player comes on, team lose control of game and let in 2 goals within 15 minutes of said player coming on.

#noconnection

I love a lost cause but Lamela is the exception, i think he needs to be loaned out for a season. Let him get some game time and some confidence because the player we have atm is broken.

Yea, that's it. Just make shit up if you know you've lost.

I didn't say 24 was old, I said it wasn't young as you suggested. There is a difference.
Christ you're easy. I lost what? As for making it up, have you read your own bollocks? The only thing i'd lose against you is a twat of the year contest.

Come on then butterfly. Find a quote where I said 24 is old.

I'll wait.

It was you that challenged it being young, I said it wasn't a kid or a youngster but 24 and a few days is young.

The 'old' jibe in that last post was just fucking about but you decided to cry about it so sorry for me being so insensitive.

Tell you what; 24 isn't young and isn't old, we can both be right.

It was you that challenged it being young, I said it wasn't a kid or a youngster but 24 and a few days is young.

The 'old' jibe in that last post was just fucking about but you decided to cry about it so sorry for me being so insensitive.

Tell you what; 24 isn't young and isn't old, we can both be right.
thought as much. walk on.

We really need Rose back fit. Diouf is a handful but Davies should've done better at both goals.

I think Rose offers us more, but this was probably one of the best games Davies played for us and he didn't do too badly at OT either.

How could Davies do better for the pen...take the gloves off Hugo and try and save it? Second goal was a combination of three things: shit tracking back, a lapse by the centre back to allow Diouf a free run and a bloody good cross from Ireland. Nothing to do with Davies.

You might not have said "24 is old", but your stance was definately in that vien
Nope, my stance was that Stambouli cannot be used to prove Simmo's assertion that we'll buy any old tosh if they're young enough combined with sell-on value.

As I said, saying someone isn't a youngster is not the same as saying they were old.

I asked him to prove his point with examples. He chose Yedlin (fair enough), Stambouli (lol) and Wimmer. Wimmer being completely unproven one way or t'other.

thought as much. walk on.

I've bought into your prick-ness and retaliated then tried to be reasonable. You seem to be mistaking tolerance and reason for weakness. If you want to win something then good luck, you called me out for examples, you got them, you then tried to dilute them by arguing the nuances of whether 24 is young or really young, my original reference was 'young enough', I deemed somebody £4-5m and just turned 24 as cheap and young enough.

We had the youngest average match day XI at 25 last season and the start of this. So, as you're so obsessed with trying to win an argument that you're making the rules up to;

25 is the YOUNGEST average age of a Premier League starting XI and it's us.

We signed Stambouli at 24, that makes him younger than the youngest average.

I repeat; that is young enough, it is not a kid, it is not a youngster as such but it is YOUNG ENOUGH.

So I took the piss earlier about you thinking it's old because you'd been such a bell-end about it but, please go back to your wank mags safe in the knowledge that Stambouli is not jail-bait however, he's closer to the college girl section than the cougar section that's for sure.

I've bought into your prick-ness and retaliated then tried to be reasonable. You seem to be mistaking tolerance and reason for weakness. If you want to win something then good luck, you called me out for examples, you got them, you then tried to dilute them by arguing the nuances of whether 24 is young or really young, my original reference was 'young enough', I deemed somebody £4-5m and just turned 24 as cheap and young enough.

We had the youngest average match day XI at 25 last season and the start of this. So, as you're so obsessed with trying to win an argument that you're making the rules up to;

25 is the YOUNGEST average age of a Premier League starting XI and it's us.

We signed Stambouli at 24, that makes him younger than the youngest average.

I repeat; that is young enough, it is not a kid, it is not a youngster as such but it is YOUNG ENOUGH.

So I took the piss earlier about you thinking it's old because you'd been such a bell-end about it but, please go back to your wank mags safe in the knowledge that Stambouli is not jail-bait however, he's closer to the college girl section than the cougar section that's for sure.
u-mad-gif-17.gif

Nope, my stance was that Stambouli cannot be used to prove Simmo's assertion that we'll buy any old tosh if they're young enough combined with sell-on value.

As I said, saying someone isn't a youngster is not the same as saying they were old.

I asked him to prove his point with examples. He chose Yedlin (fair enough), Stambouli (lol) and Wimmer. Wimmer being completely unproven one way or t'other.

I missed this, I said Wimmer remains to be seen, who knows what he'll end up as for us but he was cheap at £4-4.5m and he's young at 22 (isn't he?). And you tell people to read, to think and to not twist your words but then keep repeating total bollocks.

Back
Top Bottom