Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

:(
exp19.jpg

Honest question;
With Son's situation, do people think we'll see as many of the 'Spurs Suppprters club; Seoul branch' from now until the end of the season...?

Honest question;
With Son's situation, do people think we'll see as many of the 'Spurs Suppprters club; Seoul branch' from now until the end of the season...?

Probably not. Certainly slightly less in match threads, but some will be around for injury updates and to see how the team does in general really. If Ronaldo was injured, would you see as many Portugese fans on Juve's forums during that time? Same applies to almost any player with a major following really... so a pretty simple answer.

Probably not. Certainly slightly less in match threads, but some will be around for injury updates and to see how the team does in general really. If Ronaldo was injured, would you see as many Portugese fans on Juve's forums during that time? Same applies to almost any player with a major following really... so a pretty simple answer.
Ha... not sure if serious....?
I meant at THE GROUND on a matchday!!

Last edited:
I think I can have a say on this. The answer: it depends.

I´m a Jose Mourinho fan. And I explain: above all, I´m a football fan, from Brazil. I love the game, how one is never the same as the other; no matter how many stats you study, you just can´t predict the next one. What happened was that, after the 2000´s, the good football, played by the best players, therefore, the sport that I love, could only be seen in Europe - until that time we had great great teams and players over here too, even though the likes of Ronaldo and Rivaldo were playing abroad; Romario choice, for example, was to stay here after winning a world cup.

So the best manager to follow was/is Mourinho. He is charismatic, and most of all, he is the best of finding ways to win games of football, no matter how better the other side might be - Porto and Inter, Madrid coming from a complete mess against the best Barcelona of all times, etc. Klopp is a manager that also achieves great things, building strong and dominant teams coming from an underdog position. But in terms of numbers, Mourinho won 25 major titles and he did it his way. So he is my choice.

So what I can tell you is this: Chelsea is a plastic club, their fans are ungrateful and I couldn´t care less about them after Jose was gone. United is a giant club, witch naturally makes me, by my own principles, against. It´s like Flamengo over here. Very easy to support the biggest team, and usually the fans are a bunch of egomaniacs always thinking of themselves as bigger than what their moment actually suggests they are. Always shouting. Hate it.

Now Jose found Tottenham, and vice-versa. Tottenham, in many ways, are like my team, Botafogo. A team mocked by rivals for not winning titles, but with a huge history - Botafogo was the club of Garrincha, Didi, Nilton Santos, Gerson, Jairzinho, etc. And a club with a fan base that is not only more intelligent and comprehensive than others, but has it´s own pessimism all around. Exactly like you guys. If everything is going well, we forgot something. Something good is happening, so I have a bad feeling about it. I just love it.

I can say: if Jose won´t be with Spurs for long, I would still be following this team, unlike I did with Chelsea and Manchester United. So the answer, in my opinion: depends.

And you guys shouldn´t judge Son´s fans. Every support is welcome. Means your club is getting bigger.

Last edited:
Honest question;

That’s bang out of order fella.... we all know the S Korean Yids are propa :allitongue:

Keep browsing.... Seek and you shall find, mate.

Apart from pussys like James78 James78 - They'll have deleted them by now.

I deleted my post as it was incorrect. Spurs are no longer a listed company so my comment about the share price wasn’t correct, so I deleted it my mistake. We are both spurs fans, I have been for 35 years last time I checked. I think we will regret not buying a striker and for me that’s on Levy. You disagree.

I deleted my post as it was incorrect. Spurs are no longer a listed company so my comment about the share price wasn’t correct, so I deleted it my mistake.

So you're ill-informed and I was right then?

Fair play.

I think we will regret not buying a striker..... You disagree.

You mind showing me where I've said that?

Understanding Tottenham Hotspur Son Heung-Min’s Forearm Injury

Tottenham will be without standout forward Son Heung-Min for at least 6-8 weeks, according to The Athletic, after it was revealed that he fractured the radius - one of the two bones in the forearm - in his right arm during a recent match against Aston Villa. While the club initially expressed optimism that Son may return before the end of the Premier League season, Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho is unsure.

Forearm fractures are more common than one may assume among soccer athletes and often occur secondary to a fall on an outstretched hand or - as was the case with Son - after a collision. The forearm is comprised of two bones: the ulna and the radius; the radius is located along the outer forearm, whereas the ulna is located along the inner forearm when the palm is facing forward with the arm at the side.

The main job of the radius - beyond to serve as an anchor for muscular attachment - is to assist with the absorption and distribution of force placed upon the upper extremity. The radius is wider and thicker at the wrist and tapers off as it approaches the elbow, where the circular radial head abuts against the spherical capitulum of the humerus - or upper arm bone. The wide, thick portion of the distal radius absorbs forces and redirects them to the ulna via a ligamentous-like tissue called the interosseous membrane. Fracture occurs if the applied force is too great and/or acute for the radius to overcome and most frequently arises near the radial head or the wrist.

According to the previously linked The Athletic article, imaging revealed Son’s fracture occurred near the radial head. Surgical intervention to address a radial head fracture involves the re-attachment of the bone fragments with surgical hardware (i.e. plates and screws) and full recovery usually occurs within 6-8 weeks, barring any complications; it may take an additional 1-2 weeks before the athlete returns to game action.

Son previously fractured his right forearm during a World Cup qualifying match in 2017 and ultimately missed 61 days, so there is precedent for how much time he may miss. Son’s injury isn’t one that will likely be of long-term concern for athlete or team, but his absence figures to be a major blow for Tottenham in the short-term.

Son has scored nine goals in 21 matches - good for second on the team behind Harry Kane’s 11. Tottenham currently find themselves in fifth position in the Premier League, one point behind Chelsea and ahead of Sheffield United.

Understanding Tottenham Hotspur Son Heung-Min’s Forearm Injury

Tottenham will be without standout forward Son Heung-Min for at least 6-8 weeks, according to The Athletic, after it was revealed that he fractured the radius - one of the two bones in the forearm - in his right arm during a recent match against Aston Villa. While the club initially expressed optimism that Son may return before the end of the Premier League season, Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho is unsure.

Forearm fractures are more common than one may assume among soccer athletes and often occur secondary to a fall on an outstretched hand or - as was the case with Son - after a collision. The forearm is comprised of two bones: the ulna and the radius; the radius is located along the outer forearm, whereas the ulna is located along the inner forearm when the palm is facing forward with the arm at the side.

The main job of the radius - beyond to serve as an anchor for muscular attachment - is to assist with the absorption and distribution of force placed upon the upper extremity. The radius is wider and thicker at the wrist and tapers off as it approaches the elbow, where the circular radial head abuts against the spherical capitulum of the humerus - or upper arm bone. The wide, thick portion of the distal radius absorbs forces and redirects them to the ulna via a ligamentous-like tissue called the interosseous membrane. Fracture occurs if the applied force is too great and/or acute for the radius to overcome and most frequently arises near the radial head or the wrist.

According to the previously linked The Athletic article, imaging revealed Son’s fracture occurred near the radial head. Surgical intervention to address a radial head fracture involves the re-attachment of the bone fragments with surgical hardware (i.e. plates and screws) and full recovery usually occurs within 6-8 weeks, barring any complications; it may take an additional 1-2 weeks before the athlete returns to game action.

Son previously fractured his right forearm during a World Cup qualifying match in 2017 and ultimately missed 61 days, so there is precedent for how much time he may miss. Son’s injury isn’t one that will likely be of long-term concern for athlete or team, but his absence figures to be a major blow for Tottenham in the short-term.

Son has scored nine goals in 21 matches - good for second on the team behind Harry Kane’s 11. Tottenham currently find themselves in fifth position in the Premier League, one point behind Chelsea and ahead of Sheffield United.
Well that was depressing to read

Back
Top Bottom