Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have you not seen the shape Kane’s in. At least 30 league goals for him this year

If Kane stays mostly healthy, he will almost certainly get the most league goals on the team. But #nowhammy, injuries happen and I think 12/1 odds is excellent value given that possibility.

He is a super star.

I find it curious that we never hear of clubs trying to lure him away. How many players have produced 30+ goals per year in the last three years where they were behind a world class striker and not the #1 scoring option? I would estimate only a handful.
I agree, I hope it stays that way. Maybe no bids because there was the possibility he might have to do military service.

Omg he is starting. I thought we were benching him today saving for Christmas or something. Nuts

guy hasn't scored a goal since Man City if i'm not mistaken. what happened?

4 goals in his last 15 games for us in all competitions. 1 goal in his last 12 league games.

Just one of those things - I was lambasted by certain posters for saying he's a bit streaky or inconsistent but I still think it's the case.

I don't think Poch changing him up as a winger, wide forward and a striker helps him out though.

4 goals in his last 15 games for us in all competitions. 1 goal in his last 12 league games.

Just one of those things - I was lambasted by certain posters for saying he's a bit streaky or inconsistent but I still think it's the case.

I don't think Poch changing him up as a winger, wide forward and a striker helps him out though.

Well there lies one of the main problems. He’s supposed to be the secondary target behind Kane and for the bulk of those 12 games, he was the main target. You can’t expect to win much when your primary/secondary target is scoring that infrequently. Perhaps use him as kind of a super sub or when the counter is essential?

Son and Kane often struggle when played together. Whenever Kane is injured (increasingly familiar), this kid has stepped up. I think you will find his form often dips when Kane is back and Son is then moved wide to accommodate him.

Given Kane's form in the last 12 months - injuries withstanding - I would genuinely prefer Kane on the bench vs Woolwich, giving us an amazing option off the bench. I seem to remember us beating Woolwich at the library in the LC last season with Son and Alli up top.

Got tickets for this one, so really hope we at least give it a go, not piss about with it for minutes at a time.

Back
Top Bottom