Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should have come sooner imo but I agree there is more to come.
For several years now I've been saying Spurs could do better, could win CL etc, all we need to do is pass better, pass for the team. I've been frowned upon more than agreed with I am sure.

Son talks about the team ball all the time. It was the 1st thing Moura said at the interview after the CL hat trick that it's about team ball. Even Levy brought up the word team effort or work a couple of times during his congratulatory message he came out after making the CL final. Team ball what it takes. Fuck Spursy, we'll pass on it on June 1st.

Should have come sooner imo but I agree there is more to come.
For several years now I've been saying Spurs could do better, could win CL etc, all we need to do is pass better, pass for the team. I've been frowned upon more than agreed with I am sure.

Son talks about the team ball all the time. It was the 1st thing Moura said at the interview after the CL hat trick that it's about team ball. Even Levy brought up the word team effort or work a couple of times during his congratulatory message he came out after making the CL final. Team ball what it takes. Fuck Spursy, we'll pass on it on June 1st.

Fuck yeh! You da man!

Very well written article. Highlighted some of the key points of how Asians are falsely portrayed in the media and are treated as well as why Son Heung-Min draws so many Koreans to support him.

I really hope he starts. As much as Harry Kane is a great player, Son Heung Min really deserves to start after everything he has done and proven. There is no reason why Son should be the first player on the bench over Eriksen Deli Lucas or Kane.

Very well written article. Highlighted some of the key points of how Asians are falsely portrayed in the media and are treated as well as why Son Heung-Min draws so many Koreans to support him.

I really hope he starts. As much as Harry Kane is a great player, Son Heung Min really deserves to start after everything he has done and proven. There is no reason why Son should be the first player on the bench over Eriksen Deli Lucas or Kane.
Son will start for sure, the real question is whether Kane starts.

he is too inconsisitent he will have 4-5 great games but then plays 7 out of10(at best) for the next lot of games
I hate to have to agree with this, as I love Sonny. When he's good, he's world class but when not on his game, he can be woeful. Having said that, he's not the only one this season.

this season too many of our players have not played up to their standard, but Son has always been streaky with us, I think that is just the way he is

There's a lot to like about our Sonny.
Fast, powerful, energetic... where he falls short on occasions, is that "first " touch, or controlling the ball in traffic. Can overplay his hand at times. When he's on though, he is a wonderful player.

He's infuriatingly inconsistent but if he were consistent, he'd be at Madrid right now as a replacement to Ronaldo.

I'm finally at peace with his inconsistency, he is what he is and I've fully accepted him.

Did you watch Messi play against Liverpool at Liverpool or La Copa del Rey final???

Even the very best can't play at their best every game

OF course, but you'd have to admit that Son's inconsistency is a bit more extreme.

He's amazing when on form but pretty bad when he's not.

But I accept this, it's just who he is. No player is perfect and consistency happens to be Son's weakness. I can accept his rough patches because his purple patches are just so spectacular.

Back
Top Bottom