Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

3300.jpg

Man of Match for me.

Son Heung Min scores three goals against this side.

1. people still asking when kane is back
2. people raving about sterling when Son scored three without anyone assisting him as Bruyne assisted sterling. The second goal bruyne gave sterling the ball on the platter.
3. people saying llorente the hero when Heung Min scored 3 goals.

Son Heung Min!!!

COYS

The Chicago Bulls have been crap for 20 years, and yet remain one of the most supported teams in their entire country.

This is Son thread. Not Chicago Bulls. Would you say 9th in the Premiere league as "one of the strongest teams"? This is where you and I disagree and I'll leave it at that.

If you don't understand why this undermines your point, then I can't be bothered to keep arguing with you.

I accept the existence of different types of fans and loyalty INCLUDING the ones you describe. And I don't pass judgement on any of them. You are the one disapproving few types of fans and judging them by calling them "plastic" and questioning their loyalty.

This is Son thread. Not Chicago Bulls.

Doesn't change the fact that your point is wrong.

Would you say 9th in the Premiere league as "one of the strongest teams"?

...in the country, yes. Perhaps you've forgotten how many teams there are in the footballing pyramid. Nottingham Forest, for instance, are not in the Premier League and haven't been for years (just like the Bulls are not an elite team in the NBA) and if they had the 9th largest fanbase in the country, it would be an absolute testament to fan loyalty.

I accept the existence of different types of fans and loyalty INCLUDING the ones you describe. And I don't pass judgment on any of them.

Neither did I, so stop pretending that I did. I said that footballing culture in general would regard it as pretty plastic, and the only thing you have to argue with is that you, personally, don't agree.

You are the one disapproving few types of fans and judging them by calling them "plastic" and questioning their loyalty.

Well, if someone stops supporting a team because their favorite player is gone, then yes, they clearly don't have any loyalty to the team. If you don't think that supporters of that team have any right to be critical of that (lack of) commitment, then yes, you and I do not agree.

Why did you bring this up now, several days and 2 pages later? Go enjoy our win, mate.

Doesn't change the fact that your point is wrong.

...in the country, yes. Perhaps you've forgotten how many teams there are in the footballing pyramid. Nottingham Forest, for instance, are not in the Premier League and haven't been for years (just like the Bulls are not an elite team in the NBA) and if they had the 9th largest fanbase in the country, it would be an absolute testament to fan loyalty.

Neither did I, so stop pretending that I did. I said that footballing culture in general would regard it as pretty plastic, and the only thing you have to argue with is that you, personally, don't agree.

Well, if someone stops supporting a team because their favorite player is gone, then yes, they clearly don't have any loyalty to the team. If you don't think that supporters of that team have any right to be critical of that (lack of) commitment, then yes, you and I do not agree.

Why did you bring this up now, several days and 2 pages later? Go enjoy our win, mate.

honestly just shut your mouth.

Your narrow minded ass of a brain cannot seem to comprehend people support football for different reasons. For some people football club is just an institution or a company, which in many ways it is if you think about it. It is hard for a South Korean who lives on the other side of the world to find affinity in a football club on a small Island thousands of kms away.

Through Son, some have come to love Tottenham and others have not. But its up to them. For many including myself Son is more than just a footballer. He resembles many of the issues I have gone through growing up as an asian with almost solely white people in the West. I see many parallels in him, in the sense that he grew up in the West and his success inspires me more than anything else. So you can fuck yourself. I bet you are one of those english white folk who can only speak 1 language as well. (GCSE French don't count mate).

Let me iterate incase you have forgotten - shut your mouth. Me and the countless other Koreans are here to support Son so just deal with it. lets just agree the real plastic supports are man city fans (insert a billion into a squad and still lose lol)

Enjoy the win. COYS

Last edited:
honestly just shut your mouth.
Piss off. Isn't this fun?
Your narrow minded ass of a brain cannot seem to comprehend people support football for different reasons.

And you can't seem to understand that you're wrong. People support football because they like football, and they support a team because they like that team. Maybe that team has a player they like. Maybe the team has a tradition they like. Maybe that team has a shirt that they like. Doesn't change the fact that they are supporting a team.

If your support vanishes the instant that one thing you liked is gone, then your support wasn't worth a whole lot to either the team or their fans. If that describes you, then yes, you're plastic. If you're okay with being plastic, then that's fine for you. Just don't kid yourself about it.

It is hard for a South Korean who lives on the other side of the world to find affinity in a football club on a small Island thousands of kms away.
So what?

Through Son, some have come to love Tottenham and others have not. But its up to them. For many including myself Son is more than just a footballer. He resembles many of the issues I have gone through growing up as an asian with almost solely white people in the West. I see many parallels in him, in the sense that he grew up in the West and his success inspires me more than anything else.

Good for you. Did you miss the part where I said I am glad that Asians have a footballing hero to look up to? Did you miss the part where I said I am glad to have the Korean support? I bet you did. Maybe if you spent more time reading instead of reacting, you'd have more productive responses to make.

I bet you are one of those english white folks who can also only speak 1 language as well. (GCSE French don't count mate).

Why would I need to speak another? After all, so much of the world speaks my language. Does that upset you, for some reason?

Let me iterate incase you have forgotten - shut your mouth

And let me repeat: piss off. The fun never stops, eh?

Enjoy the win. COYS

Oh I will. :)

Last edited:
And you can't seem to understand that you're wrong. People support football because they like football, and they support a team because they like that team. Maybe that team has a player they like. Maybe the team has a tradition they like. Maybe that team has a shirt that they like. Doesn't change the fact that they are supporting a team.

If your support vanishes the instant that one thing you liked is gone, then your support wasn't worth a whole lot to either the team or their fans. If that describes you, then yes, you're plastic. If you're okay with being plastic, then that's fine for you. Just don't kid yourself about it.

Dude you are beyond help at this point.
The way you define by something as plastic is in your standards.

You define loyalty in football by how much someone supports a club. I totally respect if you support a club which of course the majority of people her do, I assume. BUT understand that a club has different meaning for different people and that people place importance within football in different things. We all enjoy the beauty of the game but may find our anchor in the game in a club or a player or a manager.

The fact that Son as a player is what draws me to football is my decision. it does not make me a plastic.

The same way some people believe in god but not the church and others go to church because they like the idea of a community but do not actually believe in god.

this was the most idiotic comment of them all so I do not know what to even say. Take a flight to Korea and see how far away it is. I do not expect you to have the same knowledge of all the baseball clubs there and then pick a team to fervently support.

Because you have grown up here in a different household, you have an attachment to a club because of fond memories of family or with your dad or with your friends who support Tottenham. I have grown up in a different world, I have come to love football and associate it with my fond memories of my dad introducing me to the game and showing me park ji sung.

Good for you. Did you miss the part where I said I am glad that Asians have a footballing hero to look up to? Did you miss the part where I said I am glad to have the Korean support? I bet you did, because you're not here to argue with my point. You're just here to bitch and moan because of something said on an entirely different site, aren't you?

You might be glad but you still will never comprehend. If you did understand what it means to have Son as a role model then you wouldn't show annoyance at the fact that there are Koreans who support Tottenham solely because of Son and write them off as plastics.

It is not only Asians specifically. I got called Kagawa by some white prick every night out in Germany without a fail for a year. Not going to draw out why this is incredibly insulting but it is just a tiny minuscule example of why Son representing Korea is so important for me and is a reason why I enjoy football even more when he succeeds.

Why would I need to speak another? After all, so much of the world speaks my language. Does that upset you? In fact, I bet you're not even from Asia at all. I bet you're a Canadian who desperately wants be taken seriously as a football fan, and is here to pick a fight because you can't stand being wrong about an unrelated topic.

Why would I be sad? I speak English so it's not like I am losing out.

No my parents are Korean and in Europe. But hey be salty as hell that you grew up with one language and then accuse a random guy on the internet of being Canadian (wtf) because fuck logic right.

Last edited:
The way you define by something as plastic is in your standards.

YES. Of course it is. That's what I'm telling you. Supporters talking about loyalty are holding YOU to the same standard as them. You seem to think you're being picked on, when in fact you're being treated equally.

The fact that Son as a player is what draws me to football is my decision.it does not make me a plastic.

Nor did I say that. Why are you constantly reacting to things I have not said? I said that if you start supporting a team, and then ditch them the moment that one thing/player isn't there anymore, then THAT is plastic. Not sure why this is so difficult for you to grasp, unless your object is to just ignore reality to suit your self-absorption.

The same way some people believe in god but not the church and others go to church because they like the idea of a community but do not actually believe in god.

Yes, I'm sure that tons of people are crammed into churches who don't believe in God, but just want to have a sense of community. Right-o.

this was the most idiotic comment of them all so I do not know what to even say. Take a flight to Korea and see how far away it is.

Why? It has absolutely nothing to do with this topic, and neither did your previous point. In fact, it was the most idiotic thing you've said, which is why I said: so what?

You might be glad but you still will never comprehend. If you did understand what it means to have Son as a role model then you wouldn't show annoyance at the fact that there are Koreans who support Tottenham solely because of Son and write them off as plastics.

But, and this is not the first time I've had to remind you of this: THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAID. Also, why shouldn't Son be every bit as much a role model for me, as for you?

See, the real problem here, is what you think of yourself. You think you're special. You think that the same rules which supporters abide by shouldn't apply to you, because you're different. You think that you should get to whine about white privilege, just because the supporters have expectations for themselves.

Well, in the words of some guy I know: shut your mouth, and get over yourself.

Its not only Asians specifically. I got got called Kagawa by some white prick every night out in Germany without a fail for a year.

I don't care. Take it to the What's Wrong With Germany thread. It has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

Why would I be sad?

Why would you make a point out of it at all, except to try and insult English people? How about you go fuck yourself, mkay?

But hey be salty as hell that you grew up in a narrow environment with one language

But I'm not. You're the one who made that an issue, because you seem to be salty against white English people.

and then accuse a random guy on the internet of being Canadian (wtf) because fuck logic right.

Well no, it's because you keep using Americanisms like 'ass' and 'salty', and because your response was utterly disproportionate to what I said, giving the impression that you're salty about something else.

Either way, you're whining, bitching and moaning just because footballing culture thinks that disloyalty is a bad thing, and you want everyone to understand how hard your life is as an Asian. Well, if you want to fit in with the other folks, maybe you could try understanding what their sense of footballing loyalty is.

Or you could just tell yourself that it's because of white privilege some more. That'll help.

Last edited:
YES. Of course it is. That's what I'm telling you. Supporters talking about loyalty are holding YOU to the same standard as them. You seem to think you're being picked on, when in fact you're being treated equally.

Nor did I say that. Why are you constantly reacting to things I have not said? I said that if you start supporting a team, and then ditch them the moment that one thing/player isn't there anymore, then THAT is plastic. Not sure why this is so difficult for you to grasp, unless your object is to just ignore reality to suit your self-absorption.

Yes, I'm sure that tons of people are crammed into churches who don't believe in God, but just want to have a sense of community. Right-o.

Why? It has absolutely nothing to do with this topic, and neither did your previous point. In fact, it was the most idiotic thing you've said, which is why I said: so what?

But, and this is not the first time I've had to remind you of this: THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAID. Also, why shouldn't Son be every bit as much a role model for me, as for you?

See, the real problem here, is what you think of yourself. You think you're special. You think that the same rules which supporters abide by shouldn't apply to you, because you're different. You think that you should get to whine about white privilege, just because the supporters have expectations for themselves.

Well, in the words of some guy I know: shut your mouth, and get over yourself.

I don't care. Take it to the What's Wrong With Germany thread. It has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

Why would you make a point out of it at all, except to try and insult English people? How about you go fuck yourself, mkay?

But I'm not. You're the one who made that an issue, because you seem to be salty against white English people.

Well no, it's because you keep using Americanisms like 'ass' and 'salty', and because your response was utterly disproportionate to what I said, giving the impression that you're salty about something else.

Either way, you're whining, bitching and moaning just because footballing culture thinks that disloyalty is a bad thing, and you want everyone to understand how hard your life is as an Asian. Well, if you want to fit in with the other folks, maybe you could try understanding what their sense of footballing loyalty is.

Or you could just tell yourself that it's because of white privilege some more. That'll help.

huh? you using the word plastic is insulting and is what caused me to respond.

I don't use a degrading word to describe a person, who follow football because of a team

The same way you shouldn't call someone who is following football because of a player, a degrading word for it.

It was you and few individuals who whined and bitched and criticised Koreans supporting Tottenham only because of Son. Sharing my story is one way of trying to widen your mindset and show why support for football is something different then a club for us.

I do understand what football loyalty does mean for people and this is why I understand the rivalries and I am extra happy when Tottenham beat Woolwich. It is people like you are being idiots and failing to accommodate other peoples subjective feelings towards football and calling fans plastic for their own preferences.

let me reiterate. I did not moan bitch or share my reasons for like Son until idiots like you came in and went on a shitfest every now and then on this forum asking whether Koreans are only here for Son and how fake they are.

huh? you using the word plastic is insulting and is what caused me to respond.

But you still don't seem to have any comprehension of WHAT I said was plastic. Once again, why don't you work on your reading skills.

I don't use a degrading word to describe a person, who follow football because of a team

Nor do I. Plastic is a term used to describe people whose loyalty is flimsy, which perfectly describes people who ditch their team at a moment's notice.

It was you and few individuals who whined and bitched and criticised Koreans supporting Tottenham only because of Son.

NO I DIDN'T. How many times does this have to stated for you before you get it? Do you need some extra English lessons, or something? I simply said to you that supporters are worried that such support might vanish, and therefore be unreliable. I even told you that I AGREE WITH YOU and some of your points, but because you're seemingly obsessed with attacking me, you've glossed over that every single time.

Sharing my story is one way of trying to widen your mindset

My mindset doesn't need to be widened, thanks. It's you who needs to take into account the perspectives of others, namely all those football fans you accused of white privilege just because they take their loyalty seriously.

It is people like you are being idiots and failing to accommodate other peoples subjective feelings towards football and calling fans plastic for their own preferences.

Yes, loyalty is indeed a major preference for the vast majority of the footballing world. If you want to join in, maybe you should have enough respect for it to actually follow the same standards that they set for themselves.

let me reiterate.

No. You keep repeating the same shit every time, accusing people of being narrow-minded, accusing me of things I have not said, and refuse to listen to anything you don't like.

Maybe this is why you struggle to get on with all those 'privileged' folks?

But you still don't seem to have any comprehension of WHAT I said was plastic. Once again, why don't you work on your reading skills.

Nor do I. Plastic is a term used to describe people whose loyalty is flimsy, which perfectly describes people who ditch their team at a moment's notice.

NO I DIDN'T. How many times does this have to stated for you before you get it? Do you need some extra English lessons, or something? I simply said to you that supporters are worried that such support might vanish, and therefore be unreliable. I even told you that I AGREE WITH YOU and some of your points, but because you're seemingly obsessed with attacking me, you've glossed over that every single time.

My mindset doesn't need to be widened, thanks. It's you who needs to take into account the perspectives of others, namely all those football fans you accused of white privilege just because they take their loyalty seriously.

Yes, loyalty is indeed a major preference for the vast majority of the footballing world. If you want to join in, maybe you should have enough respect for it to actually follow the same standards that they set for themselves.

No. You keep repeating the same shit every time, accusing people of being narrow-minded, accusing me of things I have not said, and refuse to listen to anything you don't like.

Maybe this is why you struggle to get on with all those 'privileged' folks?

They are not ditching the fucking team because many do not even pretend they like the whole team. They do not pledge some oath to tottenham for you to say they are being disloyal. There are plenty of Koreans who go to the games and openly show the Korean flag instead of a Tottenham flag.

Loyalty is a major preference for me as well - I will always support Son and not another player like Mbappe or Countinho. I do show respect of the footballing world. This is why I hope Son does not go to Woolwich ever.

I did not accuse people of white privilege just because they showed loyalty to a football club. This is just taking my words out of context. I am calling out white privilege to people who do not understand why Son is such a big deal being a Korean and that he represents to some people in football more than a manager or a club.

Back
Top Bottom