Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

Bruce Lee begs to differ, neither geeky or oddball. Just a cool muthafucka

That was 50 years ago mate

Then why are they still the 9th most supported team in the NBA, despite having been (relatively) crap for 20 years?

Anyway, I'm aware that this is a derailing of the thread, so I'm going to stop talking about it. Peace.
Overwhelming 1st to 9th... I believe it proves my point. Chicago is 3rd largest city in US. 9th is lower than it's expected fan base if you only count the regional fans.

I was just pointing out that there are different type of fans and loyalty. In all sports. Seems like you just don't want to acknowledge it.

So I was at Hotspur Way today. I left about 1:45, as I drove out of the gates as is typical at this time there were a handful of people (5) waiting to catch a player and grab an autograph, all of those waiting today were Asian girls. As I turn right out of the Training Centre on the left-hand side of the road there were a huge group of Asian fans, probably 20-25 ALL GIRLS!!. Then heading towards the M25 down Bullsmore Lane I was expecting to see an even bigger group by the traffic lights as this is usually where they wait to get shirts signed, the ones that get sold on eBay as this is were the players usually get held up at the traffic lights on the A10, well fuck me there was the usual handful of shirt autograph hunters, then there were the Son fans, easily another 20 or so, most of the girls but there was this time about 4 blokes.

What was nice is most if not all, were wearing Spurs clobber.

The lad is a freaking megastar, he's like a boyband lead singer.

Overwhelming 1st to 9th... I believe it proves my point.

Then you are mistaken. YOU said that the vast majority of Bulls nationwide support vanished when Jordan retired, but this is clearly not true. The Chicago Bulls have been crap for 20 years, and yet remain one of the most supported teams in their entire country.

Chicago is 3rd largest city in US.

Which doesn't matter, since the attendance numbers are set by both home and away, and the Bulls have the best attendance record. That means fans are showing up all over the country to watch them play, MORE THAN ANY OTHER TEAM IN THE COUNTRY.

Hell, even Bleacher Report ranked the Bulls as having literally the best fanbase in the NBA:

If you don't understand why this undermines your point, then I can't be bothered to keep arguing with you.

Last edited:
Sonny is going to play the hell out for the rest of the season for the team and for the team victory on each game he plays to the best of his ability. That with the quality teammates he has I believe should be good enough to take the club to secure a spot for the CL next season. I know where Sonny stands and who he is as a footballer, but whatever you kids want to call him or categorize is upto you or some of you I should say that are here and/or the other thousands and millions that are not here.

So I was at Hotspur Way today. I left about 1:45, as I drove out of the gates as is typical at this time there were a handful of people (5) waiting to catch a player and grab an autograph, all of those waiting today were Asian girls. As I turn right out of the Training Centre on the left-hand side of the road there were a huge group of Asian fans, probably 20-25 ALL GIRLS!!. Then heading towards the M25 down Bullsmore Lane I was expecting to see an even bigger group by the traffic lights as this is usually where they wait to get shirts signed, the ones that get sold on eBay as this is were the players usually get held up at the traffic lights on the A10, well fuck me there was the usual handful of shirt autograph hunters, then there were the Son fans, easily another 20 or so, most of the girls but there was this time about 4 blokes.
What was nice is most if not all, were wearing Spurs clobber.

The lad is a freaking megastar, he's like a boyband lead singer.
I think I read a while back that he made an impromptu appearance at a Seoul shopping centre. 30,000 fans turned up and he had to be rushed away. if he still had to do National Service then half th country would volunteer to be in his regiment.

Kane should have scored that first goal. Would been the most fitting and all that etc etc but things many times just happen as they happen. After Kane it could been anyone if it was left to me. JV, Dele or even Sissoko lol but when Sonnys goal went in and seeing the emotional interview by him after the historical match and the goal was wow just wow.

Such a shame he misses the semi final 1st leg.

Imagine playing Ajax without Kane, Sissoko, Winks and Son.

Ouch

Misses the 1st leg v Ajax because of the booking tonight. ☹

Never question the Football God. He decided the best way to progress against City was without Kane and who scored? Son and Llorente. And now He has decided the best way to get past Ajax is without Son in the first leg. Trust in Him.

Back
Top Bottom