Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I dunno WHAT'S worse, one of our OWN fans abusing one of OUR players.. or the fact he's probably one of the nicest, most popular members of the squad!!

Let's not get too carried away with this, according to that report it was ONE person shouting abuse!
Now he could be a Manu/tourist fan or at worst a part time, day tripper, pissed Spurs man.
Totally unacceptable in all cases but I can't believe it would be a regular or anorak like us as he is one of the best loved players?
Or it could of been a "joke".

A few Greyhound burgers and he'll be full of running?

Think this is a very valid point on twitter:

I was at Woolwich spurs and its rife towards all Asian players, shouting ch**ky this and that, not one of them would dare call a black player a n***er out loud at Woolwich. Disgusting, media dnt pick up on it either.

And another reply on twitter that shows that it's an ongoing problem:

Shocked and not shocked. Confronted a landlady in local pub who used that very word towards Son whilst watching a Spurs game in her dreadful little boozer. I was then rounded on by her locals.

The blokes directly behind me were at it too. Spurs fans as well.
I've heard it as well, it's a bit worrying because it all seems to be directed at Son.

This kind of Racism towards East-Asians dosen't seem to bring about the same negative reaction that other forms of racism do.
It's passively accepted a lot of the time.

Basically ban the cunt for life.

Disgraceful that he’s being abused like this.
He’s clearly a lovely young man & much respected by his team mates. He’s also a top drawer player.
Not that it would, or should make any difference if he was hateful & playing non league, but still.

Why the fuck, in 2019, is this stuff still happening?

It’s beyond belief. Very sad indeed.

Think this is a very valid point on twitter:

I was at Woolwich spurs and its rife towards all Asian players, shouting ch**ky this and that, not one of them would dare call a black player a n***er out loud at Woolwich. Disgusting, media dnt pick up on it either.

And another reply on twitter that shows that it's an ongoing problem:

Shocked and not shocked. Confronted a landlady in local pub who used that very word towards Son whilst watching a Spurs game in her dreadful little boozer. I was then rounded on by her locals.

You make a hugely important point on the subject of racism. Sadly reporting on racism towards an Asian, Caucasian isn't really a hot topic in the medias eyes so they don't give a fuck about it. The media report on things for one reason and one reason only, hits and money.

The whole thing is a load of shit, it's miles behind where it should be. They treat subjects like these as nothing more than placing a bet down the bookies it's all about homing in on a top topic, regardless of its substance to get chins wagging, always has been.

Take the Everton vs Bournemouth game yesterday. The whole build up was Spurs vs Man U purely because it's a hotter topic and more people are interested in it. No fairness, no etiquette they genuinely don't give a fuck just focus on the quick buck pal

I've heard it as well, it's a bit worrying because it all seems to be directed at Son.

This kind of Racism towards East-Asians dosen't seem to bring about the same negative reaction that other forms of racism do.
It's passively accepted a lot of the time.

Basically ban the cunt for life.
You're forgetting Gingers... the last accepted casual discrimination based on a colour!! Especially in England!

Back
Top Bottom