Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My humblest apologies.
I genuinely got you confused with Wellsey Wellsey for his original "joke".
Which is racist and while we're on the subject I'm very surprised that no one else has picked up on it, apart from Joe Clash Joe Clash .

If a "joke" was made about Serge, Dele or any other of our black players re: them eating fried chicken or whatever, this place would be in melt down.
It's cool. For the record I like fried chicken too...but the wife says I can't eat it anymore because I've gotten fat. She isn't wrong, either.

Fucking cauliflower rice.

:pochsulk:

My humblest apologies.
I genuinely got you confused with Wellsey Wellsey for his original "joke".
Which is racist and while we're on the subject I'm very surprised that no one else has picked up on it, apart from Joe Clash Joe Clash .

If a "joke" was made about Serge, Dele or any other of our black players re: them eating fried chicken or whatever, this place would be in melt down.
Stevee, I enjoy your posts but I think you've jumped in a bit hard and fast on this one.

Koreans do as a nation eat dog. The poster has made a play on a type of dog that happens to be fast.

He hasn't suggested any negative connotations of the Koreans eating dog and therefore hasn't been offensive.

And do black people eat a lot fried chicken then stevee ?! Lol

Stevee, I enjoy your posts but I think you've jumped in a bit hard and fast on this one.

Koreans do as a nation eat dog. The poster has made a play on a type of dog that happens to be fast.

He hasn't suggested any negative connotations of the Koreans eating dog and therefore hasn't been offensive.

If you visited Korea you'd be hard pressed to find a restaurant anywhere serving dog. Maybe some little hole in the wall in a back alley as part of a secret menu. Definitely not widespread.

Koreans as a nation do not eat dogs... such an ignorant misconception.

I think the others who answered your post re eating dogs have answered adequately.

As for your fried chicken comment, tbh I don't know, maybe some do and maybe some don't but what I do know is that it can be used as a racial slur which was my whole point.

Garcia apologises for 'fried chicken' remark

LOL indeed.

Last edited:
Koreans as a nation do not eat dogs... such an ignorant misconception.
I know when I was in China the people said its not them who eat dogs but Koreans - It is a declining number but a significant number :

Dog meat consumption in South Korea - Wikipedia
According to the Korean Animal Rights Advocates (KARA), approximately 780,000 to 1 million dogs are consumed per year in South Korea

Is it more racist than saying Germans eat Sausage, English roast beef and French Frog legs?

Wrong. Only old ppl eat it. Young ppl barely even eat that disgusting shit. China is the nation where they annually hold a festival with dog foods, not Korea. 99% of the nation actually are disgusted by the idea of eating dogs now. It used to be a thing a few decades ago bc they didnt have foods due to the war.

Controversial dog meat festival starts in China as South Korea bans the practice

It's pretty ironic how some ppl from the "gentleman" nation think racism can be "just a joke". Retards.

Last edited:
Anyway, back to SON.
All the spotlights are on this guy right now. He's like Messi/Ronaldo in WC...

He better not play against China. He's fatigued as fk. I dont want him to get kung fu kicked every 5 min. He had 3 major tournaments in one fking year. Please give this guy some rest.

South Korea have guaranteed qualification to the next round of the Asian Cup after winning their opening two games 1-0.

They face China on Wednesday, wheoever wins will finish top of the group. A draw would also see China finish top due to goal difference.

If South Korea win the group, they will play their next game on 22nd January. If they finish runner up they will play 20th January. However, they won't be playing anyone special (Likely to be India) and should advance to the next round.

They're then likely to play Iran on 24th January, who are a pretty good Asian side and could cause them problems. This is probably the earliest South Korea would get knocked out.

If not, the semi final is on 28th January with the final coming 1st February. I don't think South Korea will win the thing so I think we'll probably have Son back for Newcastle at home on 2nd February.

Back
Top Bottom