Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After Korean Football Association abusing Sonny for another full 90 min for the next stupid friendly on Tuesday by and through the newly appointed Korean national squad manager named Paulo Bento Desperado
Doubt he will be ready to start Sunday then

Scored against Colombia today. Hit the post once. Sanchez almost injured him. He was pissed by these dirty Colombian players, and he was gesturing "keep talking shit" at the end of the match. You all know he's not the kind of players who do this regularly... so you know how pissed he was.

Another full 90 min of exploitation yesterday, no surprise and no exception from this incredibilly near sighted new manager Bentu Desperado. Just hope the side effect doesn't turn up as an injury or anything already this Sunday.

I understand the concerns about Sonny's game/travel time, but honestly, how different is any of this to Kane or any other player seen as irreplaceable by their national team?

Aren't some perhaps being a bit precious.... ?

Does a few extra hours tagged onto his flights mean he's somehow more prone to injury or burn out?

I understand the concerns about Sonny's game/travel time, but honestly, how different is any of this to Kane or any other player seen as irreplaceable by their national team?

Aren't some perhaps being a bit precious.... ?

Does a few extra hours tagged onto his flights mean he's somehow more prone to injury or burn out?
Long flights and jet lag are tiring, but I'm an unfit pensioner who is usually back to normal within two nights sleep. As long as we're not expecting him to play the minute he gets off the flight, surely he should be ok. Having said that, he is their main man and does push himself for the whole 90 minutes.

Long flights and jet lag are tiring, but I'm an unfit pensioner who is usually back to normal within two nights sleep. As long as we're not expecting him to play the minute he gets off the flight, surely he should be ok. Having said that, he is their main man and does push himself for the whole 90 minutes.

I guess this was my main point... This scenario exists with most int. teams who have game changers yet aren't blessed with depth...

e.g.

Bale/Wales
Zaha/Ivory Coast

Feels like there's a slightly patronizing undercurrent where somehow we need to protect 'gentle', 'wee' Sonny whereas the other lads should just 'be men' and 'get on with it' (subject to flight lengths).

Last edited:
I guess this was my main point... This scenario exists with most int. teams who have game changers yet aren't blessed with depth...

e.g.

Bale/Wales
Zaha/Ivory Coast

Feels like there's a slightly patronizing undercurrent where somehow we need to protect 'gentle', 'wee' Sonny whereas the other lads should just 'be men' and 'get on with it' (subject to flight lengths).

I think you felt wrong. sort of little too defensive and twisted?

Back
Top Bottom