Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Son was able to reach where he is now bc of his father. He got personal training from his father every single day.

What Son's father says in the beginning:
"You cant achieve anything without effort. I want to sleep more as well, but you need to know that there's no future for you if you dont invest in yourself now."

Apparently, during that time, Son slacked off a little bit when his father wasnt around.

Son cant complain bc his father does the training all along with him from the beginning.

First time I've seen Son not smiling!

Son was paired up with a tall Korean striker Kim today up top for the Korean team. Kim usually offers nothing too special but today was particularly awful. I think he would improve his game if he could get up quicker because falling off seems to be a majority of his game. He makes Llorente look like a Rolls Royce. Anyway the dimwit Korean manager Shin once again failed to provide offensive schemes to set Son up one on one against a defender facing the box. Son spent most of his day facing backward with a defender right up on his ass ready to foul him as soon as the ball arrives. Son was subbed off early with Ki from Swansea due to no injury but for the next game v Poland

Son starting up top on 3-4-3 formation against Poland in an hour.
The dumb Shin Korean manager seems to be trying some kind of 3 back formation featuring an infinite hole of a defender named "Jang" again FFS. Time for me to bet against Korea again and at least get paid

That Korean defender Jang sucks so bad again allowed a header by Lewandoski. Never fails to fuck up. 1:0 Poland. The formation turned out to be like 9:1 w Son alone at top getting no action hence some rest? Dumb fuck Korean manager totally over reacting against Polnad. If you have to go 9:1 formation here what are your plans against team like Germany, Stay and shit ?

That Korean defender Jang sucks so bad again allowed a header by Lewandoski. Never fails to fuck up. 1:0 Poland. The formation turned out to be like 9:1 w Son alone at top getting no action hence some rest? Dumb fuck Korean manager totally over reacting against Polnad. If you have to go 9:1 formation here what are your plans against team like Germany, Stay and shit ?
This is a Spurs thread mate, go whine on Big Soccer Korea about the KNT...

He was a bit off form in the first half today, but stepped up once out on a flank.

That Son is a player who has ups and downs in form is nothing new. He didn't score today but will hopefully put a few behind Stoke next weekend instead.

He didn't struggle against Conte's Chelsea when playing CF anymore than Kane has done. They're a very defensive team that don't cough up many chances and it's generally been Eriksen long range shots, Dele late runs into the box or Eriksen crosses to Dele - with Kane attracting the taller CBs.

Lamela did a great job in the CF position by acting as a distraction and general nuisance which allowed Son to go wide and do damage and Dele to make late runs in the box.

If media are to be believed and Spurs are talking about offering him a new long term contract, then surely they can't be that concerned about him leaving for his national service?

You can't say no to the army just because you have a contract i'm afraid.
I’m not sure that was the point.

If he is to do national service in a year or two, why would we negotiate a new contract for him?

Still waiting for someone from the club to confirm this is a thing we should be worried about.

Back
Top Bottom