Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why don't we wait and see how he perforns in big games in the coming few weeks?

Why should we wait to get behind one of our own players? I guess I'm taking the bait right now, but Sonny has been immense for us, why would we wait to support him...

edit: Like to add too that not only has he been great on the field, but he's obviously a super positive presence in the locker room too. Plus he's great on social media and for our international brand... There's literally nothing to dislike about him.

Furthermore, supporting Sonny doesn't devalue Lamela. They both play for the same team! I think everyone is crossing their fingers for Coco to get back in form because we know he has insane potential. There's still plenty of games to go around.

Last edited:
Furthermore, supporting Sonny doesn't devalue Lamela. They both play for the same team! I think everyone is crossing their fingers for Coco to get back in form because we know he has insane potential. There's still plenty of games to go around.

Lamela's been less prolific, less influential, and more injured and out of form than Son in recent times, and so rightfully can be a super-sub until his performance justifies a first-team place again. Still will get plenty of minutes, and plenty of starts when we rotate the attacking four.

Lamela is still the superior player.

Sterling scores more than Silva and de Bruyne does that make him better than them?

Focus on table tennis you know fuck all about football.

Time for another ban for you. Slating a player after yet another MOTM performance is just trolling. Red card from me.

I don't get why a Spurs supporter would rubbish a player that is playing out of his skin and is now getting the plaudits that he deserves. It also doesn't stop us wanting Lamela to get back to his best, which will strengthen our bench and give Poch more options.

I don't get why a Spurs supporter would rubbish a player that is playing out of his skin and is now getting the plaudits that he deserves. It also doesn't stop us wanting Lamela to get back to his best, which will strengthen our bench and give Poch more options.
He is a fake Spurs supporter! Well said once again Mrs Perryman!

Ahh - great avatar name - my favourite malt of all time - I have stockpiles of the Distillers Edition and 14yo!
I like those too and especially Clynelish from independent bottlers (Gordon & MacPhail, Signatory Vintage etc.). I love the distilleries Springbank, Benromach and Lagavulin as well, amongst many others ;)

Last edited:
Can anyone clarify once and for all whether our wonderful Sonny is called Heung-Min Son, or Son Heung-Min??

I always go with the first but commentators often use the second. Or can it be either?
His family name is Son. So in English you would call him Heung-Min Son, however I believe in South Korea & Japan and some other countries around the world, the surname is said first. So that would be Son Heung-Min.

Basically it's a preference, but if you want to say his name like a Korean would.. then Son Heung-Min.

As evidence, just listen to how Korean commentators say his name (skip to around 1:30 for his goal):

His family name is Son. So in English you would call him Heung-Min Son, however I believe in South Korea & Japan and some other countries around the world, the surname is said first. So that would be Son Heung-Min.

Basically it's a preference, but if you want to say his name like a Korean would.. then Son Heung-Min.
Ahhh cool, that clears that up! Thanks for explaining!

Back
Top Bottom