Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I must admit that in his first season with us I was not impressed. Lazy tracking back, dithering on the ball, weak in the tackle, wasteful in front of goal and taking the wrong option when in possession.

However this season just gone he has really stepped up, he seems to have got to grips with the pace and style of the English game, works harder, still can't tackle but then again neither does Eriksen, scored and created some great goals and comes across as a good guy as well.

Sometimes players need time for the coaching to get across and for them to settle, look at modric when he first arrived, lamela until his injury was the same, bale, Eriksen, the list goes on

I must admit that in his first season with us I was not impressed. Lazy tracking back, dithering on the ball, weak in the tackle, wasteful in front of goal and taking the wrong option when in possession.

However this season just gone he has really stepped up, he seems to have got to grips with the pace and style of the English game, works harder, still can't tackle but then again neither does Eriksen, scored and created some great goals and comes across as a good guy as well.

Sometimes players need time for the coaching to get across and for them to settle, look at modric when he first arrived, lamela until his injury was the same, bale, Eriksen, the list goes on

This... Though the thing that bothered me the most was the few 1on1s that he bottled (as recently as first half of last season)...

His all round game improved massively in the latter half of last season... Bit like Lamela last season, this year could be a biggy for him.

Last season he started going on these runs where he'd score an important goal every game. I think he went 5 for 5 at the beginning of the 16/17 season, then did it again later on. If he can just get a little more consistent...

He is already a very good player
The quality of his goals last season caught my eye as much as the quantity
Some world class goals in there

The low point for me was when he bottled the 50/50 with Cech in the NLD. At that stage I'd have gladly driven him to the airport to his next club/national service.
But he has improved beyond recognition & is now a hugely important squad member. He's also "one of the lads" in a tight knit bunch.
I just hope he has a speedy recovery from his broken arm & we can negotiate something with the South Korean authorities to delay his national service. He's been absolutely excellent for us.

Only 6 players scored more goals per mins than him last year and all of them were strikers from the top 7 clubs (Kane, Giroud, Sanchez, Lukkau, Auguero & Ibrahimovic!! A genuine two footed player, can play left or right AM or 2nd Striker (don't think he's a loan striker). There are few better players than him when running at the goal, he will lose the ball because he is on it a lot, he is always looking to take on the oppo, turn the defender, if he does lose it we invariably win it back within 5 seconds and our attacks go again, this is one reason why no other team scores as many goals as us. Here is a trick, I promise you it works, when he loses the ball count to 5 and see what happens!

Common perception is Mane is amazing and a player that got away, yet Son scored & assisted more goals than him in less minutes played! Hazard played over 1000 mins more than him and scored just 2 more goals and assisted 1 less!! De Bruyne scored 6 from from 35 games! Sane 5 gaols from 25 games!! He's outperformed all these players, yet people still wank over them and turn their noises up at Son.

Bit unfair to judge a player based on one attempted tackle against Chelsea (Moses dived), if we are going to do that let's keep it real and call out Alderwield for also doing the exact same thing (his player didn't dive, his tackled brought down the player). Also bit of a myth about his defensive duties, point me to another specific where he is poor? Could be more aggressive in the tackle maybe.
Triffic post

Found this quite interesting. Some info on the effects of loosing possession, note no Son on the list, which might break a few myths about him (Look who's top of it though!).
DD4tx6xXsAE8qGS.jpg

It would be nice to know the effects of possession loss that has resulted in a goal for the team that lost it, i.e attempt to show the effects of a counter press.

Found this quite interesting. Some info on the effects of loosing possession, note no Son on the list, which might break a few myths about him (Look who's top of it though!).
DD4tx6xXsAE8qGS.jpg

It would be nice to know the effects of possession loss that has resulted in a goal for the team that lost it, i.e attempt to show the effects of a counter press.

No Tottenham in that list. :pochsmirk:

Though all that reflects is Sonny is rightfully being held to some lofty standards. As you were... :allitongue::vert:

No Tottenham in that list. :pochsmirk:

Though all that reflects is Sonny is rightfully being held to some lofty standards. As you were... :allitongue::vert:
All points to a brilliantly drilled side, depending where we lose possession everyone knows their role and where to be (almost).

Would love to know the reverse of this though, goals scored in favour of team losing the ball, think we would be high up the list, if not I'll have to hang my head in shame. Gonads on the line.

DD4tx6xXsAE8qGS.jpg

Alexis' stats are schocking..

I still want them to sell him. Attacking wise he's rather decent...
Meh. I like how he wins the ball back and presses defenders (clearly not after he has lost the ball), but having watched the likes of Henry, Van Persie rip us a new one, I can't say he has ever caused me any concern when we play them, I can only ever remembering him score once against us (in 2-2 draw season before last) and they've gone backwards with him in the team, certainly not improved.

Meh. I like how he wins the ball back and presses defenders (clearly not after he has lost the ball), but having watched the likes of Henry, Van Persie rip us a new one, I can't say he has ever caused me any concern when we play them, I can only ever remembering him score once against us (in 2-2 draw season before last) and they've gone backwards with him in the team, certainly not improved.

Perhaps it would be better if he left on a free the season after...

Alexis' stats are schocking..

He is an Uber Cunt, complete shithouse. Can be quite the attacking player though.

Deeply torn about wether I should be happy he leaves or stays ,,,

Says something given he is the star turn at the Deathstar,

Back
Top Bottom