Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All of his good games came from against midtable/relegation foddlers that had nothing to play for whilst looked way out of his depth in key season defining games that mattered like spammers away and chavski in FACSF.

To balance this argument, there wasn't a single Spurs player who had a good game at the OS that night. It's harsh digging Sonny out there. As for the semi, do you really think Lamela would have done any better at LWB? Honestly?

With everyone fit, he's only good enough to start in domestic cups fixtures.

Eriksen, Alli, Lamela, Winks, new signing(s) are all ahead of him.
New signings are ahead of him?? We don't even know who these mystery players are but you already rate them higher? Fuck me. What kind of support is that to show a player that's been so important to us this year? Sonny has had an awesome season.

To balance this argument, there wasn't a single Spurs player who had a good game at the OS that night. It's harsh digging Sonny out there. As for the semi, do you really think Lamela would have done any better at LWB? Honestly?

Yes.... But no less likely to give the pen away. lol

All of his good games came from against midtable/relegation foddlers that had nothing to play for whilst looked way out of his depth in key season defining games that mattered like spammers away and chavski in FACSF.

With both on top of their games, Lamela is several levels superior.

I really hope you and a few others follow Lamela to his new club when we sell him. You're not a Tottenham fan, you're a Lamela fan and attack every player you see as a threat to him. Lamela isn't even close to Son's level. The difference between their assist or goal ratio per minute throughout their Tottenham careers must be staggering.

I really hope you and a few others follow Lamela to his new club when we sell him. You're not a Tottenham fan, you're a Lamela fan and attack every player you see as a threat to him. Lamela isn't even close to Son's level. The difference between their assist or goal ratio per minute throughout their Tottenham careers must be staggering.

If he doesn't leave, will you similarly fook off? ....Or at least stfu?

All of his good games came from against midtable/relegation foddlers that had nothing to play for whilst looked way out of his depth in key season defining games that mattered like spammers away and chavski in FACSF..

Come off it.
Son MoTM v Citeh, the 2-0 which kick started our season. No Kane, Son as a false no 9, absolutely ran them ragged. I think also the assist for Dele's goal?

Scored more this season in the PL than Lamela has the whole time he's been at WHL. Genuinely 2 footed, scores strong shots both feet. And much, much quicker.

and btw EL has given away a pen too this season. Not the first either.

Starting to think that for some the only contribution a player can make is to run fast and shoot.

Lamela vs Son = futile.

Even if, hypothetically, one is total shit, it doesn't validate the other as being good enough.

All our AMs have their own attributes.... Would some genuinely prefer if we just had 4 clones of Son (or vice versa)?

Call me crazy, but I'd like to keep both.

Eriksen / Ali / Son / Lamela is a nice glimpse of the kind of eclectic depth most seemingly crave.... What's not to like????

Last edited:
Was so excited when we brought him in (was genuinely on a mental list of players I dreamt we'd get) and it's so fantastic to see him have a great season after potentially thinking about moving elsewhere in the summer.

So I say the following suggestions wanting him to improve, not complaining...

If he improved his passing (particularly through balls to Alli and Kane) and improved his consistency a little rather than having hot patches like in September and April, then he'll be world class.

Love is..... 21goals! Thanks Sonny

I love that Poch thanking him and wishing him a good summer is only accidentally caught on camera in the middle of an interview.

If it was Klopp, we'd be seeing a highlights reel of him embracing every player - breaking his glasses while weeping tears of joy into Harry Kane's shoulder. Humming 'Spurs are on their way to Wembley' while sucking his thumb.
:pocheyes:

I love that Poch thanking him and wishing him a good summer is only accidentally caught on camera in the middle of an interview.

If it was Klopp, we'd be seeing a highlights reel of him embracing every player - breaking his glasses while weeping tears of joy into Harry Kane's shoulder. Humming 'Spurs are on their way to Wembley' while sucking his thumb.
:pocheyes:
Don't forget that weird-ass laugh.

I don't dislike Klopp, but he is a strange, strange man.

How the hell does Lamela get into (yet) this thread.

The truth is, that this season the Lamela fanboys have been mugged off not only by Son, let alone by Eriksen and Alli.

Just get over it already and enjoy the season.

This guy is a vital player for us. Whether starting or as an impact sub. It's a squad game.
21 goals, and not even top scorer, is amazing. That's more than any of our players between 1996 and 2004 for god's sake.

Back
Top Bottom