Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Their GDP rank is 38~40th. Not in a position at all to condescend anyone. They r still "3rd worlders" considering how they have behaved.
The idea that Colombia is a 3rd world country and therefore its inhabitants behave in unacceptable manners because they are "3rd worlders" is incredibly fucking racist, and you should be ashamed of allying yourself to such a statement given you've dug others out previously as racist towards Koreans. Racism is unacceptable and abhorrent, whether its directed towards us or against others on our behalf. And if you don't have the objectivity and character to call it out in the latter case, you deserve no protection from it in the former case.

It was a distasteful and disgraceful action by Barrios, he's a cunt for it. But to claim it indicts an entire nationality is entirely out of bounds.

telegraph4.jpg

I love's Sonny's intensity - that was all but missing in that horrendous run of 5 games but he seems to be back now running at defenders and taking them on - very few of our players eveb attempt that instead playing it back to Lloris from 60 yards away. Sissoko was similar but he's beasting now - amazing what a bit of confidence can do

Sonny runs at and takes on players.
He scores goals.
Watching him play is exciting.
That wobble run he does just before kick off is amazing.
He seems like a nice bloke.

I have seen Korean fans dance with joy after games.
I have spoke to some Koreans at games - fantastic people.
I have seen Korean fans at games with lowish attendances.

Son and the Korean fans are a massively positive thing for the club.

I love's Sonny's intensity - that was all but missing in that horrendous run of 5 games but he seems to be back now running at defenders and taking them on - very few of our players eveb attempt that instead playing it back to Lloris from 60 yards away. Sissoko was similar but he's beasting now - amazing what a bit of confidence can do
I agree, was great to see him, Kane and even a bit of Lucas running at the defence last night, feels like we haven't seen that enough lately. It's a lot about confidence as you say.

The idea that Colombia is a 3rd world country and therefore its inhabitants behave in unacceptable manners because they are "3rd worlders" is incredibly fucking racist, and you should be ashamed of allying yourself to such a statement given you've dug others out previously as racist towards Koreans. Racism is unacceptable and abhorrent, whether its directed towards us or against others on our behalf. And if you don't have the objectivity and character to call it out in the latter case, you deserve no protection from it in the former case.

It was a distasteful and disgraceful action by Barrios, he's a cunt for it. But to claim it indicts an entire nationality is entirely out of bounds.

You have a point, and I was wrong to generalize the whole nation, but you need to consider the fact that a national team represents their country. It was not just Barrios who showed "3rd world" behaviors in friendlies.

Barrios spitting on Son:

Cardona being racist:

James Rodriguez forcing a player to stand up when he's injured + diving:

Falcao throwing a medical kit when a player is actually getting treated:

I dont know what else I need to say about Colombia when this kind of behaviors appear in every single friendly I've watched, not just against Korea. Many ppl probably remember how dirty they were in the last WC..

One example:

Besides, after Cardona did the racist gesture, many Colombian celebrities in popular shows/news actually did the same gesture to mock Koreans for no reason. This kind of tells me how common/acceptable these behaviors are in Colombia.

Also, you might criticize me again for generalizing, but it seems like Latin American countries in general think Racist gestures are okay as long as they are funny. You can say that's a cultural difference, but to most ppl who have got proper education, racist jokes are never okay regardless of whether it's funny or not.

Chile:

Brazil:

Mexico (Many ppl actually instagrammed pics of doing this gesture to "thank" Korea for beating Germany in the last WC.. even on TV shows/news):

And many many more:

Last edited:
You have a point, and I was wrong to generalize the whole nation, but you need to consider the fact that a national team represents their country. It was not just Barrios who showed "3rd world" behaviors in friendlies.

Barrios spitting on Son:

Cardona being racist:

James Rodriguez forcing a player to stand up when he's injured + diving:

Falcao throwing a medical kit when a player is actually getting treated:

I dont know what else I need to say about Colombia when this kind of behaviors appear in every single friendly I've watched, not just against Korea. Many ppl probably remember how dirty they were in the last WC..

One example:

Besides, after Cardona did the racist gesture, many Colombian celebrities in popular shows/news actually did the same gesture to mock Koreans for no reason. This kind of tells me how common/acceptable these behaviors are in Colombia.

Also, you might criticize me again for generalizing, but it seems like Latin American countries in general think Racist gestures are okay as long as they are funny. You can say that's a cultural difference, but to most ppl who have got proper education, racist jokes are never okay regardless of whether it's funny or not.

Chile:

Brazil:

Mexico (Many ppl actually instagrammed pics of doing this gesture to "thank" Korea for beating Germany in the last WC.. even on TV shows/news):

And many many more:

Explain to me how your pulling examples of South Americans behaving badly on a football pitch, generalizing them all as "third worlders" (a term whose very origin is ridiculously bigoted and disgusting as it was created by defining the US, NATO, and their allies as "first world", the Soviet/communist powers as "second world" nations, and the rest as an inferior species of former colonies turned nations who existed solely to be exploited for the gains of the first two groups.) is anything other than disgusting racism. You would never expect to say the same of Africans on this forum or in public without expecting a strong and negative reaction.

Here's a useful and easy way to gauge the racism of a statement. Replace the group identifier from a statement with the word "blacks", and determine if you'd be willing to shout it on a busy street corner.

For example:

"South Americans have a differing footballing culture which rewards and promotes increased levels of violence, vitriol, and aggression on the pitch"

Becomes "Blacks have a differing footballing culture which rewards and promotes increased levels of violence, vitriol, and aggression on the pitch"

It's a pretty large generalization, for which you'll probably be called out and rightly so, but it's still a statement of relative merit that isn't demeaning to individuals as inferior or insinuate that they are otherwise incapable of controlling basic animalistic urges.

By contrast, "can't change those 3rd worlders...pure scum" becomes "can't change those blacks....pure scum". Even adjusting for a kind assessment of intent, "you can't teach those South Americans how to behave on the pitch, they're always causing trouble" is no different to "you can't teach those blacks how to behave on the pitch, they're always causing trouble." Say either of those latter statements on a busy street corner and it's highly likely that some heroic passer by will rearrange the placement of your teeth in your fucking head.

Its 2019, we really shouldn't have to explain what constitutes blatant racism. And your response to being called on it should simply be to apologize, not to try and provide evidence to rationalize and defend such fucking garbage.

Explain to me how your pulling examples of South Americans behaving badly on a football pitch, generalizing them all as "third worlders" (a term whose very origin is ridiculously bigoted and disgusting as it was created by defining the US, NATO, and their allies as "first world", the Soviet/communist powers as "second world" nations, and the rest as an inferior species of former colonies turned nations who existed solely to be exploited for the gains of the first two groups.) is anything other than disgusting racism. You would never expect to say the same of Africans on this forum or in public without expecting a strong and negative reaction.

Here's a useful and easy way to gauge the racism of a statement. Replace the group identifier from a statement with the word "blacks", and determine if you'd be willing to shout it on a busy street corner.

For example:

"South Americans have a differing footballing culture which rewards and promotes increased levels of violence, vitriol, and aggression on the pitch"

Becomes "Blacks have a differing footballing culture which rewards and promotes increased levels of violence, vitriol, and aggression on the pitch"

It's a pretty large generalization, for which you'll probably be called out and rightly so, but it's still a statement of relative merit that isn't demeaning to individuals as inferior or insinuate that they are otherwise incapable of controlling basic animalistic urges.

By contrast, "can't change those 3rd worlders...pure scum" becomes "can't change those blacks....pure scum". Even adjusting for a kind assessment of intent, "you can't teach those South Americans how to behave on the pitch, they're always causing trouble" is no different to "you can't teach those blacks how to behave on the pitch, they're always causing trouble." Say either of those latter statements on a busy street corner and it's highly likely that some heroic passer by will rearrange the placement of your teeth in your fucking head.

Its 2019, we really shouldn't have to explain what constitutes blatant racism. And your response to being called on it should simply be to apologize, not to try and provide evidence to rationalize and defend such fucking garbage.
Chill bro, I'm pretty sure fella didn't mean anything in racist terms.

They are bunch of cunts, at least most of their players, we know that. Just like ones from Portugal, Spain or Italy. Why? Because of different mentality.

Chill bro, I'm pretty sure fella didn't mean anything in racist terms.

They are bunch of cunts, at least most of their players, we know that. Just like ones from Portugal, Spain or Italy. Why? Because of different mentality.
"Can't change those third worlders....pure scum"

Not racist? Lumping every nation in the globe that isn't a member of NATO or its members' predominately white-ruled former colonies or the predominately white-ruled former Soviet bloc nations plus China and the arab oil states now that they've got money into one bin of inferior "third world" nations and accusing their populations of being unable to behave according to our standards...didn't mean anything racist by it?

Fuck you, too, you utter windbag cunt.

"Can't change those third worlders....pure scum"

Not racist? Lumping every nation in the globe that isn't a member of NATO or its members' predominately white-ruled former colonies or the predominately white-ruled former Soviet bloc nations plus China and the arab oil states now that they've got money into one bin of inferior "third world" nations and accusing their populations of being unable to behave according to our standards...didn't mean anything racist by it?

Fuck you, too, you utter windbag cunt.
I was going to write a long post, then just decide not do it. You're taking this stuff way to seriously and putting words in his mouth.

Back
Top Bottom