He’s just not into us

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bale had a nice time with us at Tottenham but that's all it was, the affection for the club is nowhere near as strong as the desire to maintain his massive salary. He's lost his appetite for the game after winning 4 CLs and scoring 100+ goals for Real Madrid, mentally he has disconnected from the sport and his teammates. I think he cares more about golf than football now.

Perhaps being back at an English club where he can talk to everyone would rekindle some of his passion, but I doubt it. He just doesn't seem like a player who is hungry for more success, the light has gone out of his eyes.

You think if Pochettino signed him those things wouldn’t be ironed out prior to any deal?
Pochettino is no fool....
A hell of a lot of if's and buts on a player that chooses when he trains when he wants. Doesn't track back, doesn't press and does solo laps of the pitch.

Seriously does that sound like a Poch player to you?

He's a selfish player and a selfish person. His prerogative to be so, but I don't want to see him back at our club. Unless he was willing to take a massive drop in wages, accept a pay-per-play contract and not be the centre of attention (which he won't), then I might change my mind.
Thanks for the memories but let him stay in our history.
Agreed, I enjoyed Bale years back when he looked like a chimp, now he's had his ears pinned back I just cant get into him anymore :baletroll:

Fair play if he doesn't want to come back for whatever reason. That's up to him. I personally believe it wouldn't be a good fit for us anymore. Yes, he is a fantastic player and could really be a match-winner on his day by himself but the cost would be too great in terms of money obviously but also squad harmony. I think he has become a bit of a mercenary.

If he, as i suspect, thinks we are beneath him I just don't want him trying to connect himself to our club once his career has wound down and he misses the spotlight. He has no connection with the Real fans and doesn't speak Spanish so he won't be wanted there. So who does that leave?

Fair play if he doesn't want to come back for whatever reason. That's up to him. I personally believe it wouldn't be a good fit for us anymore. Yes, he is a fantastic player and could really be a match-winner on his day by himself but the cost would be too great in terms of money obviously but also squad harmony. I think he has become a bit of a mercenary.

If he, as i suspect, thinks we are beneath him I just don't want him trying to connect himself to our club once his career has wound down and he misses the spotlight. He has no connection with the Real fans and doesn't speak Spanish so he won't be wanted there. So who does that leave?
give the lad a break, he's one of the best players on the planet, we made him. Despite all the trappings he seems unassuming and modest. He's being treated badly by zZidane, good for him standing his ground. I honestly don't think it's about the money.

give the lad a break, he's one of the best players on the planet, we made him. Despite all the trappings he seems unassuming and modest. He's being treated badly by zZidane, good for him standing his ground. I honestly don't think it's about the money.
Honestly, i don't know. It's an opinion i have formed just on what i've read. A lot of what his agent has been saying recently doesn't sit well for me and we know an agent is a mouthpiece for a player and says what a player cannot.

I think Bale is a superb player and always have.

Lol. What more prof do you need? Seriously, he trained when HE wanted to.

Knowing what we know about Poch would you say he was a Poch player or not? You are allowed to answer the question, it's not a trick.

Well having never been privy to Tottenham Real Madrid Southampton or indeed Wales training sessions I can't really say if he does indeed train when he wants.

All I really have is a snippet from Defoe from many years ago where he claims that Bale didn't participate in the last part of training towards the end of his time at Spurs, a match between the older and younger players, this could quite easily be explained by Bale being fatigued or carrying a knock or an agreement with AVB, it seems like a bit of a stretch to say he trains when he wants based on that especially since it seems to be based on a tiny portion of his time at Spurs rather than a feature of his tenure.

I think Bale could never of made it that far without putting all the work in and he is definitely a player Poch would love to have on the face of it.

Well having never been privy to Tottenham Real Madrid Southampton or indeed Wales training sessions I can't really say if he does indeed train when he wants.

All I really have is a snippet from Defoe from many years ago where he claims that Bale didn't participate in the last part of training towards the end of his time at Spurs, a match between the older and younger players, this could quite easily be explained by Bale being fatigued or carrying a knock or an agreement with AVB, it seems like a bit of a stretch to say he trains when he wants based on that especially since it seems to be based on a tiny portion of his time at Spurs rather than a feature of his tenure.

I think Bale could never of made it that far without putting all the work in and he is definitely a player Poch would love to have on the face of it.
Time you backed up your claim that he is a team player, never done solo laps around the pitch. Works hard for his team by tracking back and pressing the oppo on the pitch and has never chosen not to train.

I'm not refuting his quality as a player, I'm sure Poch shares his appreciation for his brilliance, as have I. He was so exciting to watch, I loved it.

If we gave Bale the same wages he have at Real Madrid, he would come back in a heartbeat
Because he is not wanted there. If they wanted him he would still stay there. We are not his club and he is not one of ours. Id rather we spent on top players with a future rather than some injured twat who isnt wanted at a big club anymore.

Agreed, I enjoyed Bale years back when he looked like a chimp, now he's had his ears pinned back I just cant get into him anymore :baletroll:

But you cannot deny that statistically speaking players who do not have sticky out ears are better...Pele, Maradona, Messi etc.
(Admitted there was Lineker but he was an outlier. )

Talk is Madrid will waver a transfer fee to off load him as FFP rules are about to cripple them, courtesy of 75m in wages over the next 3 years......Makes you wonder if it’s really Bale who is the problem and not that horrible club, a club who want shinny new toys every year and now realise they have to budget to pay for them.....
Anyway, 550k a week or 75m over 3 full seasons and people have a complete meltdown at the cost, sure it’s a lot of money, but let’s put some perspective on it here.
A world class player (in any midfield or forward position) would cost around 100m straight out of the gate, without even kicking a ball, add his 250k a week to that, and that’s a pretty 13m a season, what’s the average contract, 4 years? So 52m and you have just invested 152 million on a player who may or may not work out, Bale would cost less than half that for only one season less.....and at 33/34 if he was still reasonably healthy he would still command a 20/30m transfer fee to the MLS or more importantly China, literally reimbursing about 40% of what you just laid out and that doesn’t even include merchandise or extra TV interest the guy would generate......
75m doesn’t seem as crazy as it once did....

Talk is Madrid will waver a transfer fee to off load him as FFP rules are about to cripple them, courtesy of 75m in wages over the next 3 years......Makes you wonder if it’s really Bale who is the problem and not that horrible club, a club who want shinny new toys every year and now realise they have to budget to pay for them.....
Anyway, 550k a week or 75m over 3 full seasons and people have a complete meltdown at the cost, sure it’s a lot of money, but let’s put some perspective on it here.
A world class player (in any midfield or forward position) would cost around 100m straight out of the gate, without even kicking a ball, add his 250k a week to that, and that’s a pretty 13m a season, what’s the average contract, 4 years? So 52m and you have just invested 152 million on a player who may or may not work out, Bale would cost less than half that for only one season less.....and at 33/34 if he was still reasonably healthy he would still command a 20/30m transfer fee to the MLS or more importantly China, literally reimbursing about 40% of what you just laid out and that doesn’t even include merchandise or extra TV interest the guy would generate......
75m doesn’t seem as crazy as it once did....
Are you talking about Bale, or Alexis Sanchez's transfer to Man U?

This is exactly what we mock Woolwich fans for when they bring up 5 year old videos/memories of Özil.
Except that this was the last time he played for us - and since then he has won 4 Champions League titles and scored two winners in the finals, including one of the greatest CL final goals of all time.

IF we could get Bale for the right price and wage, is more likely now than ever before due to the Zidane rift and Levy wanting to spend, then we would be stupid not to go for him. In all honesty if we look at that group of players below Messi and Ronaldo - Neymar, Modric, Mbappe, Hazard, Salah, Griezmann, Suarez, De Bruyne, Aguero, Mane etc - Bale is probably the only one of those we could attract at the moment because of the fact he used to be ours. We probably have a couple who are up there with some of those guys at their best, but Bale would add to that.

With the rumoured China offer being as ridiculous as it is, I am sure it would be tempting to go there so it might not even be the case, but if we can do it for a fee 80m or less and try to keep his wages below 200k - go for it I say. I think that if we did sign him everyone on here would collectively lose their shit.

Back
Top Bottom