Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have we signed Tanguy NDombèlé yet?

giphy.gif

Just because a signing failed doesn't mean they weren't a huge it important transfer.

Soldado was the huge, marquee signing that everyone clamored for. And he failed.
Nowhere near on the level of Van der Vaart from Real Madrid (who had just played in a World Cup final v Spain) or Ndombele who is one of the hottest midfielders in Europe at the moment.

Being a striker in Spain is completely different from playing in the Premier League and I think many fans realized that when we signed Soldado, but yeah it was an interesting signing.

Last edited:
I think you were a bit overexcited then over a potentially decent signing, but nowhere near as interesting or special as Van der Vaart was and Ndombele would be.
No, that signing was an earthquake at the time. He was a nailed-on top tier striker in the 3-4 seasons prior. Heck, I still remember fucking Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante of all people giving props to Levy, but insisting that he was the only signing of the group good enough for Spurs.

No, that signing was an earthquake at the time. He was a nailed-on top tier striker in the 3-4 seasons prior. Heck, I still remember fucking Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante of all people giving props to Levy, but insisting that he was the only signing of the group good enough for Spurs.
I wasn't convinced at all that a player of his characteristics would do well in our league, let alone that I was expecting him to set it alight so for me it wasn't all that exciting, but we've all been wrong before.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom