Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would rather have us buy Ebrechi Eze instead. He would be cheaper and he probably qualifies as ahomegrown player.

Bergwijn for the money now seems too smart not to make moves for. Eze as a creative player to add depth I'm happy with bit the kid still has a fair old way to go until he makes waves in the PL. he has all the talent though and would be excellent in a squad role/ depth levels to help off the bench etc.

Both wrong I’m afraid .... Try Neil Diamond.
Actually, you are wrong. The original video had the UB40 version playing with a picture of Bob Marley and the title of the video listed his name. :freund:

That said, the Tony Tribe version is my favorite.

Originally written and performed by Neil Diamond. I take your point reference the video though.
And definitely agree reference the Tony Tribe version. Pisses all over UB40’s.

QPR didn't want to sell this January - and we needed another AM to replace Eriksen now.

Eze rumoured to be a possible deal in the summer.

But Eriksen is as much a cm or 8 these days as an AM and Bergwijn is purely a forward player, specifically more a winger/wide player.

This isn't replacing Eriksen, we already have Lo Celso who's far more of a replacement for Eriksen, as a player who can play CM/8 and AM.

I can't believe we couldn't have done the deal for Eze now, even if it meant leaving there until the summer. Much more exciting prospect and works harder off the ball and is HG.

Right. Let's get rid of Moura and Lamela. Don't even wait to see if the new guys pan out. Nothing can go wrong.
The problem we have as Jose mentioned recently we do not have enough attacking players on the bench to bring on to change things if we need a goal. we therefore need to keep these players and that will allow positive substitutions. When I watch lower placed teams replace their striker or attacking players we simply do not have anyone. Poch did not use subs very often apart from last few mins but Jose does.

But Eriksen is as much a cm or 8 these days as an AM and Bergwijn is purely a forward player, specifically more a winger/wide player.

This isn't replacing Eriksen, we already have Lo Celso who's far more of a replacement for Eriksen, as a player who can play CM/8 and AM.

I can't believe we couldn't have done the deal for Eze now, even if it meant leaving there until the summer. Much more exciting prospect and works harder off the ball and is HG.

Bergwijn is a pretty versatile player - and 5 goals and 10 assists in 16 games this season shows he's pretty creative and not just a forward.

Eriksen has been best as a creative AM for us, but can drop back into CM where we have been short there, So just in numbers we needed an extra AM to replace Eriksen now - not in the summer when Eze might be available to play for us.

Also think that a player like Bergwijn is useful to we can plan the ever injured Lamela's departure (rumoured as an option to part exchange him for Piatek) and maybe Moura in the summer, so makes sense to bring him in now.

Would like us to bring in Eze in the summer as he looks a real talent, and HG which helps with squad numbers.

My biggest issue with him is that he spend very little time in the box. Just look at the videos.

Our biggest problem is that we have nobody in the box. The number of times we get into the attacking third and find no one in the box to cross to is frankly appalling. The reason why kane scores loads is he spends the most time in the box of any of our players.

Wing forwards are also responsible to arrive in the box, look at Salah, Mane, Sterling even Sane. Don't see our guys do it enough with the exception of Son.

Need a striker that is going to basically goal hang. Think Clive Allen scoring 49 goals.

I'm convinced if we had that kind of player, he'd bag 20 goals minimum. In addition to what Kane gets. We have the creativity just need the finish.

Steven Bergwijn
Steven BergwijnⒸ BSR AGENCY

Steven Bergwijn (22) is leaving for Tottenham Hotspur. All parties agreed an agreement in principle on the transition of the international on Monday evening, sources around the English club report. The attacker provides PSV with an amount of more than thirty million euros.

Bergwijn thus ends up under the wings of manager José Mourinho at a top club in the Premier League. Even though last year's Champions League finalist is currently in sixth place.

For Bergwijn, a number of turbulent days come to an end with his final transfer, which did not leave him unmoved. He already announced that on Sunday through his Instagram account. On Sunday afternoon, after the announcement of an impending sale, the international was the Kop van Jut with a part of the PSV supporters within a few hours. He thought he had refused to play for the club in the FC Twente match (1-1). The player made it clear from his hotel himself in clear terms that he did everything "according to plan". There has been consultation and he has called his trainer nicely. He, in turn, was in close contact with the PSV leadership. "I had permission from Ernest Faber not to play."

Bergwijn, since his thirteenth player of PSV, says that the club always stays in his heart, but that he now wants to make a big step. That has now definitively become the transfer to London, to the club of José Mourinho. His agent Fulco van Kooperen, who is supervising the Orange International along with his son Nathan, already had a good interview last week with Mourinho and Spurs chairman Daniel Levy. That confirmed sources around the English club.

People from Eindhoven need millions of dollars

The only 22-year-old Bergwijn now supplies PSV with tens of millions of euros. Money that the people of Eindhoven desperately need in a season without Champions League football. Given the current sporting problems, there is a real chance that there will be no ticket for the Champions League in the coming season.

Bergwijn himself has always devoted 100% for PSV and he underlined that again on Sunday evening. He didn't make a war when the Spanish Seville wanted to enlist him last summer, and there was interest from Ajax. He even extended his contract until mid-2023. The star player did not agree with the resignation of trainer Mark van Bommel mid-December, but then also remained on the plain in the interest of the club and accepted his role as an employee .
In 2011, the multifunctional attacker made the switch from Ajax's youth academy to PSV. Bergwijn made his debut in the Eredivisie on 10 May 2015 in a home game against Heracles Almelo. This season he was good for five goals and ten assists in sixteen league matches. He became champion three times with PSV and once won the Johan Cruijff Scale.

Back
Top Bottom