Have we signed Paulo Dybala yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also Juventus' wage bill is bonkers, we have almost the same amount of revenue (north of 400 million euros), yet their wage bill is almost 3 times as high as ours (260 million euros gross versus our 90 million euros gross)

Where did you find our wage bill? I searched through our 2017-18 financial documents and all I found on page 20 was that staff cost salaries were 130.204 million pounds. But that's for all employees, not just the footballers.

Have to say that 19 pages about this guy is pretty incredible. I know I posted the Monty Python "Messiah/Naughty Boy" sketch earlier but the point is still valid. Before the rumours started circulating he was never mentioned and he was certainly not regarded as a 'must have' buy.
Granted the thought of him joining us was exciting but I think everyone had a small piece of doubt that it would ever happen. I certainly do not look on him not signing as a terrible disaster and see no reason to talk about actively pursuing him again in January whilst the European window remains open.
Think Dybala needs to go on the back burner until after Christmas and if he is still at Juventus and unhappy then by all means go back and see how things stand.

These are the numbers most media outlets use ... not sure of there accuracy but probably as good as you will get

Tottenham Player Salaries

Juventus Player Salaries

I am still amazed by how low football salaries are. Yes, I realize they are high compared to regular jobs, but it still seems like an underpaid market to me.

In the US, the NFL and NBA are salary capped so they are not a fair comparison, but baseball is not salary capped and also has 25 or so people per team much like football. The average Major League Baseball team has a payroll of 136 million dollars or 113 million pounds.

And that's freakin' baseball, which most Americans couldn't give 2 shits about. I mean, 22 MLB teams have a higher payroll than Spurs. That shit is cray.

Jack Clark isnt Lo Celso

Out of interest, if we had signed Dybala, would you expect him to have started yet….I would

Well, as the Italian league doesn't start until this weekend I would think that it would be fair to say I would have hoped to see him playing by the end of the month.

Well, as the Italian league doesn't start until this weekend I would think that it would be fair to say I would have hoped to see him playing by the end of the month.

Dont see what Serie A has to do with anything, but lets have this discussion again in January when people want another "must have" to save our season.

Im sure they´ll all be happy to wait 6 weeks to see them play.

New excuse: Its ok this time because they´ve been playing with their old club

Grave reservations about going back in for this guy in January, now.

Poch will just go back to the diamond and use it as our default (because you know he ain't dropping Kane... even though his abandonment of any sort of pressing effects the whole team's rhythm and urgency).

We should go get Bruno Fernandes, who was gagging to come here.

Much better fit for what we're lacking imo (especially if Eriksen goes).

Imagine a MF 3 of NDombele - Lo Celso - Fernandes.

We then bring Parrott through as defined back-up. The kid's got it.

Then next summer we overhaul our FB situation and properly get that sorted.

Think that's a better way forward for us.

Dybala will certainly be available in January, but cant see Levy buying him, I think with losses to be taken with Toby and Eriksen that kind of outlay in January won't be on

Back
Top Bottom