Have we signed Miralem Pjanić yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm awful with Bale in the middle. Game can't incorporate his roaming ability (or his true speed for that matter), but it does incorporate his ability to keep the ball on his foot and rip off a beauty on a dime coming in from the right.

In FIFA you play a 4-2-3-1
Lloris
Walker - Kaboul - Vertonghen - BAE
Sandro - Parker
Bale - Dembele - Lennon
Ade

You run the whole game on the right side with Bale and Walker. It'll get to a point after ripping the right side over and over again and consitently getting shots with Bale or crosses from Walker that they will overplay right and Lennon then starts making runs over the top and Lennon is shockingly a great finisher in FIFA.

I have never seen Anzi play, I've seen only about 20 minutes of a Shaktar game with Willian playing, so basically nothing. From other posters/Articles i've thought Willian was a CAM, this clears it up then. If Willian does come in to play LW then I do hope AVB sticks with Siggy as a "backup" CAM to Holtby.

Really hoping for Chiriches, again never seen him play live, but through articles/videos he looks very good on the ball and another really good buy. Rose is clearly ready attacking wise, but he consistently gives away free kicks in dangerous areas. I do think and hope Rose is our starting LB, but i don't think anyone would be shocked if he (4-5 times) gives away dangerous freekicks that are converted.

From what I saw, Willian did his best work at Anzhi sitting behind the forward three. It seemed like at Shakhtar, they did use him in the LW spot.

I think Rose will relax as he's given more time. He's already improved since settling in after being named the first choice for the start of the season. The guy's young and wanting to make an impression for the national team, and he no doubt views this as a crucial year for him. This may be even his only shot at playing for a big club after the season he had at Sunderland. That's huge pressure on a young fella, and I think accounted for a lot of his rash tackles early on. I think he'll settle and become our top quality LB for years to come.

In FIFA you play a 4-2-3-1
Lloris
Walker - Kaboul - Vertonghen - BAE
Sandro - Parker
Bale - Dembele - Lennon
Ade

You run the whole game on the right side with Bale and Walker. It'll get to a point after ripping the right side over and over again and consitently getting shots with Bale or crosses from Walker that they will overplay right and Lennon then starts making runs over the top and Lennon is shockingly a great finisher in FIFA.

I play exactly this lineup with Dembele starting in the other CDM spot and Holtby at CAM. Holtby's a little quicker while Dembele is better defensively in the game. And yes, Lennon is indeed strangely good at cutting in and getting off the shot. The game really did a great job of incorporating Bale's ability to fire off a beauty from the right side, so using him anywhere else IMO is a waste.

I have never seen Anzi play, I've seen only about 20 minutes of a Shaktar game with Willian playing, so basically nothing. From other posters/Articles i've thought Willian was a CAM, this clears it up then. If Willian does come in to play LW then I do hope AVB sticks with Siggy as a "backup" CAM to Holtby.

Really hoping for Chiriches, again never seen him play live, but through articles/videos he looks very good on the ball and another really good buy. Rose is clearly ready attacking wise, but he consistently gives away free kicks in dangerous areas. I do think and hope Rose is our starting LB, but i don't think anyone would be shocked if he (4-5 times) gives away dangerous freekicks that are converted.
He does float, think thats what kind of puts everyone in a mild confusion as to where he plays. But 80% of the time he's on the left, much like Modric, people forget how left side bias he was. That's my whole thinking really, with that midfield trio behind them they can float into the 10 role, each winger taking it in turn and flowing throughout the match, reverting back to the wings when needed.:ledleylick:
Chiriches is one I've never seen live knowingly. YouTube looks impressive and he's young. And very forward thinking. Seems a gem:avbnaa::dwi:

Dembele is tremendous on FIFA, dont be put off by his overall stats, just fucking get him on the ball and dribble around, nothing more frustrating than somebody you can't get the ball off, Dembele has the strength and pace to make him a right pain in the arse when in possession:dembele:

Speaking of FIFA, they need to update the seasons rosters. Went to play with us, hoping Soldado, Pauli and etc. were on the team, but they weren't. :parker:

On the topic. I just hope this isn't a Pjanic buy after losing out on Willian (maybe).

:adegrin:

Speaking of FIFA, they need to update the seasons rosters. Went to play with us, hoping Soldado, Pauli and etc. were on the team, but they weren't. :parker:

On the topic. I just hope this isn't a Pjanic buy after losing out on Willian (maybe).

:adegrin:
You have to buy the squad update. It comes with a kit update too. But it is still a rip off.

Dembele is tremendous on FIFA, dont be put off by his overall stats, just fucking get him on the ball and dribble around, nothing more frustrating than somebody you can't get the ball off, Dembele has the strength and pace to make him a right pain in the arse when in possession:dembele:

Dembele is such a good finisher too... On my first Career mode I played a 4-4-1-1 with Lennon playing LM and Bale playing RM. Ade played in front in about 90%of the games with Dembele playing behind him. Dembele had 17 goals and 8 assists in January. Ade had 11 goals and 11 assists in January. Ade sold to BARCA for something over 30mil can't remember the exact number. Dembele sold to PSG for a similar price. I then switched to a 4-3-3 with Bale + 60mil to buy a striker and LW, forget who i bought at that point.

You have to buy the squad update. It comes with a kit update too. But it is still a rip off.
Didn't even know you could do that.

I haven't given EA any money. Bought the game for $25 on Amazon for black friday and sold my UT coins for $150 this summer.

Levy'd that shit. :levystare:

I have gone through every player, fastidiously changing their number boots ankle tape etc, all incomings and outgoings, tinkered with some stats:sandroscream: and then mistakenly downloaded current squad update to be left with our most current squad, current in May. DAMN YOU FIFAAA!!!!:parker: took me an hours worth of tinkering today before I could play a match:avbshock:

Dembele is such a good finisher too... On my first Career mode I played a 4-4-1-1 with Lennon playing LM and Bale playing RM. Ade played in front in about 90%of the games with Dembele playing behind him. Dembele had 17 goals and 8 assists in January. Ade had 11 goals and 11 assists in January. Ade sold to BARCA for something over 30mil can't remember the exact number. Dembele sold to PSG for a similar price. I then switched to a 4-3-3 with Bale + 60mil to buy a striker and LW, forget who i bought at that point.
It is strange Dembele Lennon and Sandro all seem a bit too accurate infront of goal. Probably due to the fact they manage about a shot between them per game in reality:sandroscream::dembele::lennon:

Also i'm going to bed now, it's 4:03AM in Wales. I should not be up chatting FIFA on the internet, goodnight all........
tumblr_m3q6itgoyI1qezhrpo4_400.gif

Back
Top Bottom