Have we signed Miralem Pjanić yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If I'm honest, I think he was only loaned out until we have a real look at the Sandro situation :/ Otherwise, I unfortunately don't see him ever providing much contribution given the quality and youth we already have at center mid.
Good shout. I reckon we may be able to sell him off to a lower league team. Maybe one with a clueless manager..
:harrysmile:

When I saw we sold Hudd but not that useless mong I was so pissed off. What do the club see in him. He had one good game. I love how hard Holtby works. I want him back.
Think he's got a value that will probably double after his loan spell:levystare:
And yeah Holtby has that boyish enthusiasm fans love, in that 'definitely not a gay arian loving paedo' kinda' way:adegrin2: and he can press L1 + triangle on FIFA:holtbytongue:

Think its pretty clear from the Willian attempts what we're after, a 10 that plays on the wing:gylfi:...:harryblow:but has pace and drive. Pretty hard thing to find.

@ BUYLEDLEYNEWKNEES BUYLEDLEYNEWKNEES @ cahspur cahspur I can't imagine bringing in Willian and playing him on the left. Led's knees do you think if Willian (or a very similar type player) comes in he will play on the left? I'd see him playing in front of a midfield trio.

Gk - Lloris/Friedel/Gomes
RB - Walker/Naughton/Kaboul
CB - Dawson/Kaboul/Vertonghen/Chiriches(?)/Capoue/Fryers(?)
LB - Rose/BAE(?)/Fryers(?)/Vertonghen
CDM - Sandro/Capoue
CM - Dembele/Paulinho
CAM - Holtby/Sigurrdsson(?)
LW - Chaldi/Siggy/Lennon(?)
RW - Bale(?)/Lamela(?)/Lennon/Townsend
ST - Soldado/Ade/Defoe/Bale(?)

Looking at our squad, I'm agreeing more and more with Cahspur, it appears that possibly by the end of this window the only two spots we won't have two quality players is LB and CAM. With these recent performances i'm starting to hope that Siggy is our number 2 LW instead of being our number 2 CAM. If Bale does stay, I think the only two necessary additions are Chiriches (or another CB, preferably left footed), and a CAM.

Our LB position: Rose - 23, Fryers - 20, Vertonghen in only desperate situations. If we do end up selling Bale and get 93m, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in Baines. I can see Baines being a top PL LB for the next 2-3 seasons. 2-3 seasons will give Fryers time to be loaned out, and time to develop, it will also give Rose time to work on his defensive issues and become a top notch LB just in time for Baines to be looking around 30.

Think he's got a value that will probably double after his loan spell:levystare:
And yeah Holtby has that boyish enthusiasm fans love, in that 'definitely not a gay arian loving paedo' kinda' way:adegrin2: and he can press L1 + triangle on FIFA:holtbytongue:
Are you telling me that the solution to my problems playing as spurs on fifa are a simple as playing holtby in the middle? I always use him as cover on the left. God damn it!!!!!

@ BUYLEDLEYNEWKNEES BUYLEDLEYNEWKNEES @ cahspur cahspur I can't imagine bringing in Willian and playing him on the left. Led's knees do you think if Willian (or a very similar type player) comes in he will play on the left? I'd see him playing in front of a midfield trio.

CDM - Sandro/Capoue
CM - Dembele/Paulinho

Looking at our squad, I'm agreeing more and more with Cahspur, it appears that possibly by the end of this window the only two spots we won't have two quality players is LB and CAM. With these recent performances i'm starting to hope that Siggy is our number 2 LW instead of being our number 2 CAM. If Bale does stay, I think the only two necessary additions are Chiriches (or another CB, preferably left footed), and a CAM.

Our LB position: Rose - 23, Fryers - 20, Vertonghen in only desperate situations. If we do end up selling Bale and get 93m, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in Baines. I can see Baines being a top PL LB for the next 2-3 seasons. 2-3 seasons will give Fryers time to be loaned out, and time to develop, it will also give Rose time to work on his defensive issues and become a top notch LB just in time for Baines to be looking around 30.

I agree with all of this, but unfortunately Rose won't stick around if we get a LB in to play over him. Granted, we're above being held hostage by such a wish, by I do rate Rose pretty highly. Have yet to see Fryers play LB, so I can't judge there, but Naughton is useful as he can provide cover at either fullback position while clearing up the need for another spot on the bench.

Willian was the ideal pickup at CAM because of his diversity. It's the same reasoning why we initially targeted Pjanic, as Roma have played him in their front three as well. I do like what I've seen from Chadli in his brief exposure though. He can provide a dangerous cross from either foot and he does cover well for his fullback. Were Willian to have been brought in, I do think it would have spelled the end of Siggy. There are offers on the table for him apparently, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him go before the end of the window.

Are you telling me that the solution to my problems playing as spurs on fifa are a simple as playing holtby in the middle? I always use him as cover on the left. God damn it!!!!!

I'm shit at FIFA, but once I employed Holtby in the middle of my 4-2-3-1 after Dempsey left (American, biased), my play got a lot better. Beat Chelsea on world class the other day. I was fucking elated. :roflmao:

CDM - Sandro/Capoue
CM - Dembele/Paulinho

I wholeheartedly believe that if Willian/type player were to come he would play LM. He did for Shaktar, did for Anzhi, granted he floated around but his 'position' was LM predominantly. Its the midfield trio behind him meaning he can do his roaming, along with the RM, theres always ample cover, width is provided by full backs, wingers go inside, cm's patrol and tick play along, sporadically make those late runs into the box if they posses the instincts. This is roughly the system AVB deployed at Porto, always thought he was trying to recreate that here.

RE cover, Rose is going to be our no1 for left back. His attacking attributes (other than crossing) and stamina are hard to look past regardless of frailties. I'm thinking Naughton might be cover for both sides again (shudders) looked comfertable on the right in the EL, hopefully he can do it on the left eventually, be a real handy player then, Chiriches seems done, think CB is a necessity he'd fill that.

I'm shit at FIFA, but once I employed Holtby in the middle of my 4-2-3-1 after Dempsey left (American, biased), my play got a lot better. Beat Chelsea on world class the other day. I was fucking elated. :roflmao:
I usually go with a 4-2-1-3 which involves bale up top, pace abuse, flanked by holtby and lennon with dembele just behind. Dembele is underrated on fifa so it didnt really work out :(.

I usually go with a 4-2-1-3 which involves bale up top, pace abuse, flanked by holtby and lennon with dembele just behind. Dembele is underrated on fifa so it didnt really work out :(.

A lot of our players are, while the Goons are criminally overrated. Podolski a fucking 80? Come on.

I actually like playing Ade up top because the game can't factor in his lapses of laziness. His hold up play really is top quality with the speed of our wingers. Having him dish it off to Holtby for a quick through ball to Bale is just too easy. Damn shame he didn't work out this past year.

A lot of our players are, while the Goons are criminally overrated. Podolski a fucking 80? Come on.

I actually like playing Ade up top because the game can't factor in his lapses of laziness. His hold up play really is top quality with the speed of our wingers. Having him dish it off to Holtby for a quick through ball to Bale is just too easy. Damn shame he didn't work out this past year.
Sometimes i will stick ade up front with bale behind if it gets desperate. Defoes first touch and passing is fucking shocking.

I've got a horrible tendency to only do on FIFA what players do in real life. Meaning immediately shooting with Defoe, doing many circles with Parker, get fouled with Dempsey, dummy kick with BAE. This new influx of players has put me right out of joint:paulinho:need to see moar games:carrollwtf:

Sometimes i will stick ade up front with bale behind if it gets desperate. Defoes first touch and passing is fucking shocking.

I'm awful with Bale in the middle. Game can't incorporate his roaming ability (or his true speed for that matter), but it does incorporate his ability to keep the ball on his foot and rip off a beauty on a dime coming in from the right.

I wholeheartedly believe that if Willian/type player were to come he would play LM. He did for Shaktar, did for Anzhi, granted he floated around but his 'position' was LM predominantly. Its the midfield trio behind him meaning he can do his roaming, along with the RM, theres always ample cover, width is provided by full backs, wingers go inside, cm's patrol and tick play along, sporadically make those late runs into the box if they posses the instincts. This is roughly the system AVB deployed at Porto, always thought he was trying to recreate that here.

I have never seen Anzi play, I've seen only about 20 minutes of a Shaktar game with Willian playing, so basically nothing. From other posters/Articles i've thought Willian was a CAM, this clears it up then. If Willian does come in to play LW then I do hope AVB sticks with Siggy as a "backup" CAM to Holtby.

RE cover, Rose is going to be our no1 for left back. His attacking attributes (other than crossing) and stamina are hard to look past regardless of frailties. I'm thinking Naughton might be cover for both sides again (shudders) looked comfertable on the right in the EL, hopefully he can do it on the left eventually, be a real handy player then, Chiriches seems done, think CB is a necessity he'd fill that.

Really hoping for Chiriches, again never seen him play live, but through articles/videos he looks very good on the ball and another really good buy. Rose is clearly ready attacking wise, but he consistently gives away free kicks in dangerous areas. I do think and hope Rose is our starting LB, but i don't think anyone would be shocked if he (4-5 times) gives away dangerous freekicks that are converted.

Back
Top Bottom