Have we signed Luiz Gustavo yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Arse_zpscb37c27b.jpg

Funny as this all is, i'd be very wary of taking the piss too much and writing them off before a ball has even been kicked. They've not bought anyone but they've also not lost any of their best players for the first season in ages, which means a settled side who all know the system and each other.

The reason why they haven't lost their best players is the fact that their best are no longer regarded as being the best.

Theo? Wilshere? Vermaelen? Sagna? They should be worried at the lack of people sniffing round their players.

Once again whether they finish above us will come down to our own performances (and whether they continue to get soft penalties when they are stuggling.)

Funny as this all is, i'd be very wary of taking the piss too much and writing them off before a ball has even been kicked. They've not bought anyone but they've also not lost any of their best players for the first season in ages, which means a settled side who all know the system and each other.

This is 100% what I think. Consistency is the key with so much upheaval going on around the top six and Woolwich have it in buckets for the first time.

This is 100% what I think. Consistency is the key with so much upheaval going on around the top six and Woolwich have it in buckets for the first time.

to be fair i wrote that post before reading the mail article about how a load of their players are now injured. But I still won't go giving it large when we've got a massive banana skin of an opening fixture to take care of first

We might end up 5th again (or a CL-less 4th), but seeing Woolwich struggle to sign anything is making me feel all fuzzy and warm. And not just in the pans.

They might pull off a supersigning before the window ends and Bale might leave us with no like-for-like replacement, so I'll gloat while I've got the chance.

I'm expecting them to sign someone, but realistically who could they sign that would make you think "Oh shit, now I'm worried". I'm struggling. I'm fairly certain Saurez aint going their way.

the way I see it is who from them would improve us and vice versa. Player for player we have a better squad than them at the moment and I can't see that changing anytime soon.
Fuck em, let them worry about us for a change.

the way I see it is who from them would improve us and vice versa. Player for player we have a better squad than them at the moment and I can't see that changing anytime soon.
Fuck em, let them worry about us for a change.

Yet, 18 years later we haven't managed to finish ahead of them once. Not once.

These direct comparisons mean very little, mate - and only make the taste shitter when they pipe us to 4th on the last day

I should have said we NOW have a better squad than them. Whilst I do agree it means little, it means something. I believe the Woolwich fans are now genuinely concerned we will overtake them and that's going to spread to the players and management. We certainly have the upper hand. to whit I say again, fuck em, let them worry about us.

Back
Top Bottom