Jack Grealish

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like the socks down look...
tony-galvin-of-tottenham-hotspur-is-tackled-by-alan-mcdonald-of-park-picture-id928575720

tony-galvin-of-tottenham-hotspur-in-action-during-the-canon-league-picture-id928575474

2633826.main_image.jpg

Last edited:
I had a feeling this was a “law of the game”

From the FA website.

“fa.com” said:
Compulsory equipment

The compulsory equipment of a player comprises the following separate items:
  • shinguards – these must be made of a suitable material to provide reasonable protection and covered by the socks
  • footwear
Goalkeepers may wear tracksuit bottoms.

A player whose footwear or shinguard is lost accidentally must replace it as soon as possible and no later than when the ball next goes out of play; if before doing so the player plays the ball and/or scores a goal, the goal is awarded.

"In fact the 21-year-old wears 'teenage' shinpads, according to a source close to the player. ... The reason Grealish wears the minuscule protectors, once described as 'train ticket' shinpads by a Villa blogger, is to help him move more freely as he finds the shinguards that go further up his leg to be restrictive."

Agreed. Have always felt there was something very Spurs about it :freund:

Don't forget this fella by the way

PA-Photos_t_10-brilliant-photos-Chris-Waddle-Tottenham-Newcastle-Marseille-pictures-football-1410e.jpg

We do love a low sock wearing, floppy haired, loose shirted, languid ball playing type of footballer down the lane. We love ourselves a maverick type of footballer, just as long as he delivers the goods his physical appearance requires and he doesn't look like a bit of a tit because he ain't got the quality to back it or the goods.

If only Grealish (he has to sign first of course!) could be our next Gazza, Waddle, Hoddle, Modric, Ardiles, Eriksen or Berbatov. Ah one can only dream (he ain't in there League of course, but I do love seeing this type of player in a Spurs shirt)

Dave Thomas anyone remeber him from that 75/76 season. QPR
When I think of rolled down socks he always come to mind.
Only 10/11 but I recall him being a bit of a skilful player.

Even Ian Wright was picked up playing non-league football at the age of 22. Went on to become on to become an all time leading goal scorer for that lot down the road. Never write a talent off just because of where he's come from
There was a program on Sky yesterday about Woolwich.
Adams saying Graham was a great disciplinarian, obviously not that good with Merson and himself.
Adams said there was a drinking culture.
But it seems to have been so becuase of him being George’s boy and Captain Woolwich.
Dixon said he felt forced into drinking as Adams would say, “we are all going down x for a drink after” and you were seen as an outsider if you didn’t go.
Wright also said ‘ I wasn’t into the drinking but I went along, it was fun’ again to be part of the group.
No you weren’t into drink Ian, you preferred a spliff. ;-)

Adams also said he hid it well. Yeah drink driving , making yourself look a cunt in public with Dutch courage by wanting to fight every cunt who looked at you.
I remember seeing him down the cally in a pub falling of his stool blind drunk. Slobbering at the mouth.

He had the front to say Spurs England players were not emotionally or mentallly strong.
A bloke whimwas so emotionally and mentally strong he was drunk for the vast majority of his life
He even drunk before games. So all that fist pumping, hard tackling and aggression was probably drink fuelled.

Last edited:
30 Appearances 4 goals 4 Assists ( Josh Onomah)

31 Appearances 3 goals 6 Assists (Jack Grealish)

I’ve seen Onomah play and have yet to be impressed. I’ve never seen Grealish play so a comparison is unfair. But raw stats suggest nothing much between the two.

Has anyone seen enough of both to give an opinion as to why 20/30 million would go Villas way for Grealish and at the same time bury Onomah ?

30 Appearances 4 goals 4 Assists ( Josh Onomah)

31 Appearances 3 goals 6 Assists (Jack Grealish)

I’ve seen Onomah play and have yet to be impressed. I’ve never seen Grealish play so a comparison is unfair. But raw stats suggest nothing much between the two.

Has anyone seen enough of both to give an opinion as to why 20/30 million would go Villas way for Grealish and at the same time bury Onomah ?[/
20-30 million for Grealish looks pretty shit business if he’s posting comparable stats, in a lower league, to a player we already have on our books.
It’s a compelling stat because they played for the same team in the same season. Can’t help feeling that we are setting the bar too low if we are putting all the eggs into the Grealish basket.

I genuinely hope there is better (much better) in the pipeline.

20-30 million for Grealish looks pretty shit business if he’s posting comparable stats, in a lower league, to a player we already have on our books.
It’s a compelling stat because they played for the same team in the same season. Can’t help feeling that we are setting the bar too low if we are putting all the eggs into the Grealish basket.

I genuinely hope there is better (much better) in the pipeline.

I'd split his fee up as £10-£15m based on current talent demonstrated in the 2nd tier of English football, £5m for a 1st team squad home grown quota player (this always over inflated the price of a player in the Premier League) and the other £5m based on unfulfilled potential with an add on here or there to keep Villa sweet should he turn into any kind of level they are pinning on him becoming. That's the only way I can see the price tag being justified as he does come with a risk having not done it against the Kante's and Pogba's of this world

Back
Top Bottom