Jack Grealish

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Grealish? What’s next, scouting Vanarama leagues to spot the next wonderkid?

Who knows, might even find the next Maguire, Stones, Walker, Trippier, Maddison etc

The football league is the best place to purchase young talent, because they’re getting a good number of competitive developmental minutes under their belt at the right age, rather than kids who rot in Premier League academies spanking kids who are only retained to make up the numbers.

Am I the only one who likes the aesthetics of his look?

Untucked shirt. Short shorts. Low socks.

It's very George Best.

Just needs a better fucking haircut.

2775569800000578-3047683-image-m-28_1429561663413.jpg

Them calves though.

Harry Maguire and John Stones say hi.

Pretty much the whole England team.

Trippier, Walker, Stones, Maguire, Dele, Delph, Vardy to name a few.

Talent is everywhere. It's about being able to give them a chance which is hard when you're a big club because of the expectations.

Dele Alli is a massive talent and we were lucky to find him, but that doesn’t mean every lower league player is a potential “next Dele Alli”. In fact I’m sure these players are rare, even more rare in lower leagues than anywhere else.
1. How many players has Spurs signed form the lower leagues in the last decade? And
2. How many of them did badly?

Soldado was a Spanish International when we signed him. Big signings don't always work out. Works both ways sir.

If Grealish was Spanish we'd all be far keener on him, which is surprising as he's the kind of talent England are screaming out for I hope that one develops. I'd be buzzing if we sign him. He and Eriksen would cause some serious havoc if he continues on his trajectory demonstrated over the past 12 months

Yeah, he reminds me a lot of Lallana - England missed midfielders who could keep the ball ticking over once they started playing proper teams. Winks and Grealish would address this, in addition to the abundance of talent England have coming through like Maddison and Mason Mount.

Dele isn’t a midfielder anymore, he’s a weird instinctive hybrid false #10 who’s better at attacking the ball, and him, Lingard and Dier probably won’t even make the next World Cup squad.

Pretty much the whole England team.

Trippier, Walker, Stones, Maguire, Dele, Delph, Vardy to name a few.

Talent is everywhere. It's about being able to give them a chance which is hard when you're a big club because of the expectations.

And we initially picked Kane up from Arsenals youth setup, going to show you really can find talent if you shop around lower down the league ;)

1. How many players has Spurs signed form the lower leagues in the last decade? And
2. How many of them did badly?

Defoe, Dawson, Lennon, Huddlestone, Bale, Rose, Walker, Parker, Alli.

Infact during that 09/10 season when we finally broke the top four. The bedrock of that team were lower league. Dawson, Huddlestone, Lennon, Bale and even Defoe.

Maybe reaching by putting Parker in there and perhaps even Defoe. But both were playing Championship football when we signed them.

Infact during that 09/10 season when we finally broke the top four. The bedrock of that team were lower league. Dawson, Huddlestone, Lennon, Bale and even Defoe.

Maybe reaching by putting Parker in there and perhaps even Defoe. But both were playing Championship football when we signed them.

Even Ian Wright was picked up playing non-league football at the age of 22. Went on to become on to become an all time leading goal scorer for that lot down the road. Never write a talent off just because of where he's come from

Grealish might not seem the exciting sort of 'brave' some want, but at the reported purchase price range, he's an absolute steal given we have an urgent need to meet the homegrown quota.

Put another way, given our need, what other Englishman/men should we be targeting?

So why Levy / the club haven't landed Grealish yet so he can join the squad to the USA and PL season ready?!
Assuming Poch wants him.

Who knows, might even find the next Maguire, Stones, Walker, Trippier, Maddison etc

The football league is the best place to purchase young talent, because they’re getting a good number of competitive developmental minutes under their belt at the right age, rather than kids who rot in Premier League academies spanking kids who are only retained to make up the numbers.
This.

He is the same age as Ruben Loftus-Cheek. Who has played just 57 games (I'm guessing but I'd say most of these are sub appearances) and has 4 goals to his name. Grealish has 149 games under his belt (and again I'll guess that most of these games are starts and full 90min apps). As someone has already pointed out many of these games he has been the best player too. I doubt if RLC has ever had a MOTM game in proper mens football match.

To further compare these two players on what they bring to the game it's clear to see Grealish is a far superior player on the ball.

I'm genuinely excited for this signing. I simply can't get excited by a Malcom, N'Koudou, N'je, Janssen, etc... as literally never seen them kick a ball in my life. Malcom is an absolute classic point in case, he has literally been "linked" with 40 clubs across Europe the past year, he's still at his current club. None of the "big clubs" linked with him have moved on him, yet many people turning their noises up at Grealish think we should be signing Malcom, a player they have never seen kick a ball. It's just odd.

I’m pretty excited to see what Grealish can do for us. I admittedly did not watch a lot of AV last season but based on his highlight videos the guy has unreal vision. His passes are filthy. And he scored some bangers too. Could be a nice signing.

This.

He is the same age as Ruben Loftus-Cheek. Who has played just 57 games (I'm guessing but I'd say most of these are sub appearances) and has 4 goals to his name. Grealish has 149 games under his belt (and again I'll guess that most of these games are starts and full 90min apps). As someone has already pointed out many of these games he has been the best player too. I doubt if RLC has ever had a MOTM game in proper mens football match.

To further compare these two players on what they bring to the game it's clear to see Grealish is a far superior player on the ball.

I'm genuinely excited for this signing. I simply can't get excited by a Malcom, N'Koudou, N'je, Janssen, etc... as literally never seen them kick a ball in my life. Malcom is an absolute classic point in case, he has literally been "linked" with 40 clubs across Europe the past year, he's still at his current club. None of the "big clubs" linked with him have moved on him, yet many people turning their noises up at Grealish think we should be signing Malcom, a player they have never seen kick a ball. It's just odd.

I'm not knit picking, but I seem to remember RLC got MOTM against Germany in one of the warm up games.

A funny one with Malcom...reports suggest he is off to Everton. Which tells me one of two things. 1 he is just down for a ridiculous contract, a release clause and to get on the map away from France, or 2, 'That girls got a bad attitude' to quote Father Ted.

Carrick wasnt too bad

I'm not knit picking, but I seem to remember RLC got MOTM against Germany in one of the warm up games.

A funny one with Malcom...reports suggest he is off to Everton. Which tells me one of two things. 1 he is just down for a ridiculous contract, a release clause and to get on the map away from France, or 2, 'That girls got a bad attitude' to quote Father Ted.
By being one of only 4 out-field players not subbed. As i recall Dier and Stones were pretty good in that game. A game where we didn't create a shot on target with him as No. 10.

As for the Kisor Sosay of football, Malcom:

Back
Top Bottom