Have we signed Frank de Boer yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whats the score, Frank de Boer?

• Total voters
Sounds more like a Lucky Pierre to me...
1096.gif

If he comes, and brings Berkamp with him, there'll be uproar anyway, so we may as well stick with the 'Gooner' we've got and save ourselves a(nother) Summer of heartache and torture!

If he comes, and brings Berkamp with him, there'll be uproar anyway, so we may as well stick with the 'Gooner' we've got and save ourselves a(nother) Summer of heartache and torture!

Got to be better than last Summer which was fully of excitement and hope! :levyeyes:

Agreed.

Starting with Rose, Naughton, Fryers, Chadli, Bentaleb.
I'd agree with Rose and Naughton, but Chadli looks to be promising and I'm not ready to give up on Bentaleb right now. Fryers I could take or leave, but I think it's hasty to get rid of Chadli considering he's put in some strong performances and the right manager/system could do wonder for him. Bentaleb, to me, wasn't as groundbreaking as many others though, but he did pretty damn well for a player with no real top-tier performance and was thrown into this calamity of a season.

I'd agree with Rose and Naughton, but Chadli looks to be promising and I'm not ready to give up on Bentaleb right now. Fryers I could take or leave, but I think it's hasty to get rid of Chadli considering he's put in some strong performances and the right manager/system could do wonder for him. Bentaleb, to me, wasn't as groundbreaking as many others though, but he did pretty damn well for a player with no real top-tier performance and was thrown into this calamity of a season.

Really not convinced with Chadli, can see your point of view on Bentaleb as was thrown in at the deep end - but IMO, no better than Livermore. Infact I'd much prefer Livermore than Bentelab.

Really not convinced with Chadli, can see your point of view on Bentaleb as was thrown in at the deep end - but IMO, no better than Livermore. Infact I'd much prefer Livermore than Bentelab.
I'm not convinced with Chadli either honestly. I just saw some flashes of real talent and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt considering there were only 2-3 players that looks good the majority of the season. I just think that he looked a little out of place or position, and maybe just needs to find his place. He really needs to step it up though.

I disagree on Chadli, as I think he provides valuable versatility and has displayed an intrinsic talent level to suggest he can succeed under a new manager, but I absolutely agree with you on Livermore over Bentaleb.

Bent did well enough in his performances to merit staying in the squad, especially since he'll be a HG as of this upcoming January, but he shouldn't be getting the nod over any of our current CDMs or No 8 slot players when healthy. Livermore I'd like to bring back into the fold for his experience, vocal presence (something we heavily lack atm), passion, physicality, and because I think all the above gets even weaker in the squad because I think the Sandro links from yesterday describe a picture of the situation more so than provide an individual link. I think he's likely to be gone, and we could very much use a player with the characteristics such as Livermore's in Sandro's stead.

Bentaleb looked more comfortable as a 19 year-old than Livermore has looked at any point of his career IMO. I'd like to see him go out on loan to one of the newly promoted teams next year to see how he fares for a whole season. But anytime I saw Hull this year Livermore looked pretty meh at best.

Bentaleb looked more comfortable as a 19 year-old than Livermore has looked at any point of his career IMO. I'd like to see him go out on loan to one of the newly promoted teams next year to see how he fares for a whole season. But anytime I saw Hull this year Livermore looked pretty meh at best.

Definitely. I'll always love him for his "What do you mean, I already play for the best club in the world" answer, but I just can't see how he would fit into our midfield. To be fair I don't think there has been that much difference between them ability and playing style wise when they have both played their best games. They keep the ball ticking over well and make simple, assured passes. But considering Livermore is 24 and Bentaleb is 19 it's a no brainer who I'd pick to stay at the club.

Fullham received more tv money than the whole Dutch league COMBINED.

As long as topleagues keep buying all our players at age 21 we will never be able to compete. Sure, we do the same with midleague teams in holland but the last 5 years it became insane.

Thanks for the info.....my post was a bit of a joke carried over from another thread, but interesting info none the less!

So, seems like he's available again.

I'm completely embarassed to admit that I wanted him over Poch 3 years ago. Thank fuck I don't run the club!!

Back
Top Bottom